2 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Why does this game look so much better than Street Fighter 6?

People seemed to sour on the SF art style after 4. I still like it. I'm intrigued by King of Fighters but I have never put any time into the series and am not very good at fighting game to begin with. 

20 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I would probably take Tekken 7 with all the content for $30!

Tekken 7 also has other modes like Tekken Bowl!

What's your favorite fighting game of the last 10 years @Keyser_Soze ?

14 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

What's your favorite fighting game of the last 10 years @Keyser_Soze ?

Unfortunately I haven't devoted the time I should to them to say I've  played enough of them to call them my favorite. I'd probably say Killer Instinct (just squeaking in the 10 year mark here) was pretty noob friendly (like a pretty robust tutorial mode) among other things and probably the most interesting to watch out of the bigger fighting games.

I probably put the most time into Injustice 2 but I wouldn't say it's my favorite.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Because one has been released and the other has over 6 months of dev time left.

Eh...maybe. I don't think the art style is going to change for SF6, to be honest. I'm not convinced much is going to change in 6 months as far as tech, either. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong! 

Ugh I do kinda wanna grab it on sale because my deck is probably up for order on Monday but then I need the Garou pack and the cheapest way to do that is the deluxe version on sale and then I’m back to $60. And the deluxe version only includes 6 extra fighters and I assume more will be coming and paid? idk mebe if it’s still on sale Monday when/if I get hyped that my order came in.

57 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ugh I do kinda wanna grab it on sale because my deck is probably up for order on Monday but then I need the Garou pack and the cheapest way to do that is the deluxe version on sale and then I’m back to $60. And the deluxe version only includes 6 extra fighters and I assume more will be coming and paid? idk mebe if it’s still on sale Monday when/if I get hyped that my order came in.

Steam summer sale is coming at some point so if you miss one worst case it's the same price during that.

The other DLC pass with 6 more fighters comes out in the summer / fall.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Steam summer sale is coming at some point so if you miss one worst case it's the same price during that.

The other DLC pass with 6 more fighters comes out in the summer / fall.

Well, how’s single player? 

• 3 weeks later...

I assumed they would release that team but not so soon. Bummer to be getting duplicate characters this early. Bring in Team China and Team Korea!

The next rumored team from the leak is 

Spoiler

Team Samurai Showdown (Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Darli)

• Shocked 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I picked this up for PS5 when it was half off for prime days. I kinda love it. However it seems the PS5 version is by far and away the worst version haha. I was having trouble even finding a match last night. 

The matchmaking is broken and I haven't heard if it got fixed or not.

Try making a lobby and see if people show up.

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The matchmaking is broken and I haven't heard if it got fixed or not.

Try making a lobby and see if people show up.

I really shouldn’t be fighting people at my current skill level anyway, but it was working well a few days ago. It’s nice they let you train while it searches, but it’s too bad you can’t just do anything in the game while it searches. 

I dig the super cancel system and I’m just finding the game easier to wrap my head around (as well as just physically being able to pull off moves) when compared to Tekken. Though sometimes it is hard to tell if my execution is bad or if I just can’t cancel certain things. I suppose that’s what the internet and tutorial videos are for. 

8 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I dig the super cancel system and I’m just finding the game easier to wrap my head around (as well as just physically being able to pull off moves) when compared to Tekken. Though sometimes it is hard to tell if my execution is bad or if I just can’t cancel certain things. I suppose that’s what the internet and tutorial videos are for. 

Interesting. I find it a lot more complicated than Tekken. :p

I wish this game had the single player of something like a Namco fighters. SC6 and T7 have all sorts of good single player stuff without going into the super high budget of MK/Injustice. This and Strive are both super fun but I wish they had more meat for me. 

This is actually one of the better feeling fighters right now, it feels really fast and hits are impactful. I really like how it looks too. I’ll need to get that Garou pack at some point.

11 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

The 3D plane is hard for me to deal with. 

See that's where it gets easier for me and other games like Virtua Fighter too. I know I can move left and right to dodge punches. Tekken is just like left and right hand/kick attacks.

Doing complex pretzel motions while pushing doing max mode cancels and stuff like that is just like crazy stuff. :p

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

See that's where it gets easier for me and other games like Virtua Fighter too. I know I can move left and right to dodge punches. Tekken is just like left and right hand/kick attacks.

Doing complex pretzel motions while pushing doing max mode cancels and stuff like that is just like crazy stuff. :p

Well either way I am sure you’d kick my butt but yeah I am the opposite. 

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Well either way I am sure you’d kick my butt but yeah I am the opposite. 

Maybe one day they will add cross play and I will.

The only thing I've really done in the game are those combo trials :p

I paused for Elden Ring, then paused Elden Ring, but I'd like to get back to both!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...