46 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Looks good, still gonna hold off until I see some PvP matches. GG has me bored as matches are just trying to out unga bunga everyone.

Oh didn't realize this was just his practice mode stuff. He was definitely playing PVP matches last night, and will probably still do so tonight. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 3:29 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

So I guess this guy was previously K9999 but was so unapologetically a rip off of Tetsuo that they changed him up for this game

Nobody can convince me that K9999 was dropped from the roster for any reason other than him being Tetsuo. It's been like twenty years since he was in a game. We'll see if his running wild move makes the cut.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nobody can convince me that K9999 was dropped from the roster for any reason other than him being Tetsuo. It's been like twenty years since he was in a game. We'll see if his running wild move makes the cut.

According to the KOF Wiki the SNK community manager admitted it was a lie that he made up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

It looks better in the second trailer, the meitenkun trailer.

Also if we go by my proposal of all starting with strive (or this) we all suck shit at the beginning and as we all play and discover more we get better.

I'm in, I'm really bad but don't mind learning as we go no matter the game I'm in if it happens. Checking out "Strive" now as I've never heard of it....lol!

So....THIS ONE???  how do we learn together if it's out already?: Anyway I'll buy it and provide a practice dummy, sure why the hell not!

What system PC??

15 Minutes of KoF15 here This one looks like it might be fun I'm in if we form a some kind of Fight Club, that sounds fun!

37 minutes ago, stepee said:

I gotta say, Rock has me pretty hype, especially fighting the Garou outfit Terry. I’ll probably grab this when I can get the game and Rock for a decent price.

Edit: hokutomaru should have been on the Garou team, then I’d have to day1

Maybe wait for a Fanatical deal. I looked at my steam library and saw I had KOF 14 and didn't remember ever buying it. I believe I got it in some Fanatical bundle. :p

EDIT: Yeah it was in something called the "Killer bundle" which included KOF 14 and some other games (not related to KOF)

82 OC, ntb!

Game Information

Game Title: The King of Fighters XV

Platforms:

• PC (Feb 17, 2022)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Feb 17, 2022)
  • PlayStation 5 (Feb 17, 2022)
  • PlayStation 4 (Feb 17, 2022)
  • Xbox One (Feb 17, 2022)

Trailer:

Publisher: Deep Silver

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 82 average - 87% recommended

Critic Reviews

MonsterVine - Spencer Legacy - 5 / 5

The King of Fighters XV is, as the name implies, the King of Fighters. It looks good, plays incredibly, and has silky smooth online play. I wouldn’t be opposed to more single player content, but there’s so much to love about KOF XV that I don’t even mind. If you want a fighter to sink your teeth into, look no further.

The Outerhaven Productions - Keith Mitchell - 5 / 5

King of Fighters XV is perhaps the most accessible game in the series so far. Rollback netcode, great fighting game mechanics, and amazing visuals and sounds flesh out the game, and make it one of the better King of Fighters titles we’ve played in a while.

VG247 - Connor Makar - 5 / 5

Playing KoF 15, I recall one of my favorite memories – one where I spent multiple hours playing fighting games at an arcade during a trip to Japan. By staying true to that identity as an arcade fighter and focusing on what it is are good at, rather than making sweeping changes in the hope of appealing to crowds other than the communities that have risen around these games for decades, SNK has created a game that reminded me of the quality that can be found in a simple, honest fighting game without too many bells and whistles.

GameGrin - Alana Dunitz - 9 / 10

King of Fighters XV is a great looking and fast-moving fighting game that never slows down. With a huge selection of fighters, along with local and cross-play multiplayer, there is a lot here to keep you entertained!

Gamer Escape - Justin Mercer - 9 / 10

With the release of King of Fighters XV, SNK has done what they always do with the King of Fighters series of late: provided a complex, difficult, engaging, and satisfying team fighter. It offers incredible levels of depth to those who really delve into its systems, but vitally presents them in a way that’s still approachable, even if it’s not quite as approachable as the latest entries of its contemporaries.

Gamers Heroes - Casey Scheld - 90 / 100

Pack your bags for South Town - KOF is back. The deep and stylish gameplay that put the series on the map is back and better than ever, and the inclusion of rollback netcode ensures this dream match never ends.

God is a Geek - Sean Smith - 9 / 10

King of Fighters XV is a delight. It feels like a new dawn for a legendary series, and I am genuinely excited to try out some of the future DLC characters that are on their way over the course of the year.

Hey Poor Player - Francis DiPersio - 4.5 / 5

The King of Fighters XV is a knockout entry in SNK’s flagship fighting game series. Smartly building upon the foundation of its predecessor, it ups the ante in subtle yet meaningful ways that should satisfy even the most discerning fans of the franchise. While the ways the Rush Combo system has been expanded upon probably won’t change the minds of those unimpressed with it in the previous game and the character selection is slightly pared-down, the rock-solid online performance, breathtaking visuals, and satisfying fighting system that pins it all together will keep you coming back for more.

Multiplayer First - 9 / 10

The King is back. If you are a newcomer to the series, it is a fantastic game to start on your KOF journey. Returners will have a blast with the classic characters returning and the beautiful style improvements. You can preorder the Ultimate Edition to get three days of early access to The King of Fighters XV.

Niche Gamer - NECRO XIII - 9 / 10

With DLC on the way in March and May 2022, I would say that if you are die hard for these games, pick up what you like. If not, I would almost wait for a good sale to pick up everything and play at your leisure, which is perfectly fine. The King of Fighters XV is a fine addition and a worthy sequel to a long running franchise and I’m glad I got to experience it again.

Screen Rant - Lawrence Maldonado - 4.5 / 5

While the single-player offerings are decidedly paltry, the game's tweaked and revised mechanics along with its superbly gratifying presentation deliver in spades with an impressive roster that will only get stronger over time with at least 12 characters coming to the title as DLC. It is then that the lack of single-player content stings ever so slightly more, but with the incredibly smooth online experience offered by the title's rollback netcode, players will find plenty of reasons to return again and again. The announcement back in 2019 placed anticipation at an all-time high over nearly three years, and SNK Corporation succeeded in shattering all expectations with The King of Fighters 15, offering fans a title that holds its own among the best in the franchise that all began in '94.

Atomix - Ernesto Olicón - Spanish - 87 / 100

King of Fighters XV is definitely one of the best fighting games out there, with a great variation of different characters to choose from. Unfortunately, it also suffers from some terrible design choices especially when trying to make up for the lackluster graphics.

Hobby Consolas - Daniel Quesada - Spanish - 86 / 100

‎It is a clear improvement over version XIV and is positioned as one of the most complete and accessible games of the moment, without sacrificing its essence.‎

33bits - Jesús Díaz-Suelto Berrueco - Spanish - 85 / 100

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV offers everything that King of Fighters has to offer, and it also gives us everything that is asked of a fighting game today. The only thing that separates it from excellence is not offering some better elaborated learning path that makes the experience more affordable.

COGconnected - Jaz Sagoo - 85 / 100

The King of Fighters XV is the greatest release in the series rich history. With its fluid and deep combat, veterans can compete in thrilling and intense battles. However, SNK has also included numerous elements that make the game accessible to support newcomers to the franchise. Whilst there aren’t many unlockables, the game shines in the arena, making this a necessity for fans of the genre.

PSX Brasil - Ivan Nikolai Barkow Castilho - Portuguese - 85 / 100

The King of Fighters XV improves on what was presented in its predecessor, especially the graphics and the online netcode. However, the absence of some classic fighters is notable. And mechanically speaking, don't expect anything too different from KOF XIV.

PlayStation Universe - Dan Twohig - 8.5 / 10

SNK has finally delivered another King Of Fighters worthy of the modern era. Not only have they rectified past errors, they have refined the experience to be the most functional and accessible that King Of Fighters has been for years. With a polished graphical presentation, generous amount of content, and online play that works at the standard required, fans of the series can be very happy with this offering. In many ways, King Of Fighters XV is merely a tidier version of its predecessor, and whilst there's nothing wrong with that, you could still argue the series still has some ground to make up in the fighting scene. However, it is certainly a big step in the right direction, and a great Fighter for fans to sink their teeth into.

Prima Games - Lucas White - 8.5 / 10

This is definitely the best KOF has ever been in 3D, and as a newcomer to actually learning how to play well, I’ve had a blast.

Reno Gazette-Journal - Jason Hidalgo - 8.5 / 10

The King of Fighters XV builds on the solid foundation set by its predecessor after the series’ 3D visual overhaul. The graphics and netcode are much improved from KOF 14 while the base mechanics feel like the familiar King of Fighters gameplay that fans know and love. Admittedly, the game is more an evolution than a revolution for the franchise. At the same time, KOF 14 was quite good so any improvement makes an already great game even better.

WayTooManyGames - Leonardo Faria - 8.5 / 10

Sure, it might be a bit rough around the edges when put next to a few higher-budgeted fighting games, but The King of Fighters XV ended up being exactly what I wanted it to be. Kudos to SNK, for they have successfully delivered a banger after so many delays and setbacks.

Cerealkillerz - Steve Brieller - German - 8.4 / 10

The King of Fighters XV builds upon the 14th installment and succeeds in making it better (especially graphically). With traditional fast-paced KoF gameplay, small gameplay changes and having EX Moves outside of Max Mode fights are now more intense than ever and fun to jump into. KoF XV didn't "shatter expectations" but it surely surpassed them. Having only a rather lackluster story mode, multiplayer is where this game shines online and offline. We can recommend the game to every fighting game enthusiast and also to people who want a change from games like Tekken and Street Fighter.

SomosXbox - Fran San Nicolás - Spanish - 8.4 / 10

‎The King of Fighters XV improves on the playable aspects of its predecessor, offering a very enjoyable experience for fans of the genre. The use of netcode rollback is great news for the online side, which will now be more stable than ever.‎

XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 8.4 / 10

KOF XV is an excellent iterative sequel. It doesn’t rewrite or vastly change what came before it, but it refines it into a far prettier and more complete package. You’ll want to check in with coverage post-launch to see how the online servers hold up, but if it’s anything like the open beta if you can get a 4 or 5 star rated connection it feels fantastic. This game is deep, pretty, horny, and a must-play for the casual and hardcore among the fighting game community alike.

Bazimag - Sina Golabzade - Persian - 8.3 / 10

The King of Fighters XV doesn’t try to use a lot of new ideas compared to the recent entries of the series and it is focused more on offering the best version of KoF possible and actually manages to be quite great with its only shortcoming being the story mode but it more than makes up for that with its accessible online modes and its flawless netcode.

Wccftech - Ule Lopez - 8.1 / 10

Overall, The King of Fighters XV is the excellent love letter to the franchise we all needed. It brings a perfect mixture of the best of every Saga while having a more celebratory feel all around. The experience offers everything in a straightforward fashion, and even the Story Mode feels great to play and a great way to learn new characters.

CGMagazine - Chris De Hoog - 8 / 10

King of Fighters XV set out to “shatter all expectations” and met most of them instead. While a slightly hollow presentation sets its crown crooked, the game’s core is a solid engine and a diverse roster that will warrant longterm play.

ComingSoon.net - Tyler Treese - 8 / 10

SNK isn't reinventing the genre or trying to compete feature-for-feature with a lot of its contemporaries, but the actual action stands up to scrutiny and can deliver quite the impressive knockout blow.

Cultured Vultures - Ashley Bates - 8 / 10

King Of Fighters XV is the franchise's biggest stage yet, and when the lights are on brightest, this game shines.

Daily Mirror - Eugene Sowah - 4 / 5

The King of Fighters XV is a great comeback for the series in a genre filled with such big titles. SNK has done a great job at creating a complex but accessible fight system that will appeal to old and new audiences.

Destructoid - Chris Moyse - 8 / 10

Impressive efforts with a few noticeable problems holding them back. Won't astound everyone, but is worth your time and cash.

Digital Trends - De'Angelo Epps - 4 / 5

The King of Fighters XV features excellent core combat that serious fighting game fans will enjoy, though its single-player offerings leave a bit to be desired.

GGRecon - Dave McAdam - 8 / 10

All of this boils down to one of the best King of Fighters games ever made. The series has abandoned many of its traditions and embraced modernity, meaning it has found its look and feel in a 3D space, and will be a solid base for all future entries. This is the KoF game of the future thanks to being flush with features and cutting-edge online technology, so the future looks bright. Right now, King of Fighters XV has absolutely found itself rubbing shoulders with the other giants of the genre.

GameSpew - Richard Seagrave - 8 / 10

It’s a shame that The King of Fighters XV doesn’t have some of the modes we’ve come to expect as standard now in fighting games, but thanks to its large roster of fighters and solid mechanics it still impresses. Its team-based battles differentiate it a little from the competition out there, and on PS5 it looks and performs beautifully. So, if you’re on the market for a new fighting game, you should definitely give it a look. Especially if you plan on mainly playing against others online.

IGN - Mitchell Saltzman - 8 / 10

The King of Fighters XV still feels left in the past when it comes to its single player offerings, but what it lacks in ambition, it makes up in solid fundamentals and great netcode that make the online experience the best the series has ever seen.

IGN Italy - Biagio Etna - Italian - 8 / 10

A good sequel to the historic saga, a robust and fun fighting game, although still with clear room for improvement.

PPE.pl - Polish - 8 / 10

Excellent fighting game with a lot of characters to choose from, a very complex combat system and not the worst network code. Like seeing Mai Shiranui on her way, fans of fighting games should not pass by her indifferently.

Seasoned Gaming - Patrick Shields - 8 / 10

For new players and veterans of The King of Fighters series, this is the finest entry yet.

Shacknews - TJ Denzer - 8 / 10

King of Fighters XV feels like a solid refinement of a lot of its predecessors, learning from their mistakes to become something altogether better here. It’s not perfect, it’s not easy to learn, and there are some characters missing that I feel are must-haves. However, a solid visual redesign, good netcode, original and returning music, a great collection of fighting mechanics, and a wide offering of tutorial and training tools make KOFXV feel like one of the strongest entries in the franchise yet. Where they go from here is anyone’s guess, but this feels like the standard for 2.5D KOF that King of Fighters XIV couldn’t quite reach and I’m glad SNK has finally cleared that bar.

Spaziogames - Silvio Mazzitelli - Italian - 8 / 10

SNK keeps doing fighting games in its own way and it's the best choice for The King of Fighters.

The Games Machine - Danilo Dellafrana - Italian - 8 / 10

KOF XV is a great game, but it lacks a bit of courage, that spark capable of revolutionizing the series. I don't expect a Copernican revolution like it was at the time of KOF '96, but SNK will have to come up with some new ideas for the next chapter.

TheSixthAxis - Dominic Leighton - 8 / 10

King of Fighters XV marks an excellent return for the series, modernising it at nearly every turn. While we await a story that'll finally do justice to the characterful roster, it stakes a claim to SNK's past with an eye firmly on the future.

Worth Playing - Cody Medellin - 8 / 10

SNK has always produced solid entries in the KoF series, and The King of Fighters XV is no exception. Even though players will be split on the usual character shuffling, the fighting remains as tight and fast as ever, despite the move from sprites to polygons. The single-player experience feels fair compared to the company's older output. Although the game is largely the same as before, the much-improved presentation makes it feel more like a finished product. With the online performance in a good place so far, KoF XV feels like a significant improvement over the previous title. Fighting fans will certainly be happy with this iteration.

Xbox Achievements - Richard Walker - 80%

Players willing to push through some frustration, however, will find a macabre yet charming experience that harkens back to gaming’s early years. Infernax is a solid tribute to the Castlevania series and a fun time for anyone looking for an old-school monster-slaying dungeon crawler.

Generación Xbox - Gabriel Fuentes - Spanish - 7.9 / 10

‎If what you longed for was ‎‎to perform insane combos, a good pace of action and perfect your combat technique with your favorite SNK fighters‎‎, The King of Fighters 15 will meet all your needs, if, instead, you craved something completely new in the saga, I'm sorry to tell you that the game is not for you, but either way, I'm sure you'll like it if you enjoyed the previous editions.‎

Everyeye.it - Andrea Lo Cicero - Italian - 7.5 / 10

The King of Fighters XV is a fun, deep fighting game with a promising online infrastructure.

Paste Magazine - Charlie Wacholz - 7.5 / 10

Despite King of Fighters XV's quality-of-life shortcomings, there's no arguing that it's still a good fighting game. It's just as fast and entertaining as previous entries in the franchise and brings the series into a new era with vastly improved netcode, but it puts up so many barriers of entry that it's hard to recommend to newcomers to the genre or franchise.

GameSkinny - Jason D'Aprile - 7 / 10

The King of Fighters returns for its 15th bout in a polished, if certainly not revolutionary sequel.

GameSpot - Heidi Kemps - 7 / 10

King of Fighters XV isn't revolutionary, but it's a solid, feature-laden package with personality and style.

Hardcore Gamer - Chris Shive - 3.5 / 5

The King of Fighters XV is a solid 2D fighter on its most basic level and a natural must play for fans of the franchise.

Inverse - Matt Paprocki - 6 / 10

KOF’s resistance to any grand story arc defies the pressure being applied by its rivals. Minimal solo options and routine online duels don’t reinvent anything either. This isn’t laziness on SNK’s part, however. It feels more like a focus on maintaining the design philosophy that the player base has loved all along: potent character design, instantly identifiable team play, and off-the-wall plotlines.

Chicas Gamers - Álvaro Bustío - Spanish - Unscored

The King of Fighters XV presents us with a very fluid and fun fighting videogame. Maybe its a shame que ausence of very important members of the saga, but still is a very recommended title for all. A highly recommended title, reminding us of that time when we invaded arcades and gladly paid our coins to have a good time alone of with a rival, but, this time, we could playing with him/her in local or online mode.

EGM - Mollie L Patterson - Unscored

The true test for The King of Fighters XV is going to come in the days ahead, as the game gets into the hands of the general public and we see how everything fares both online and in far larger pools of player-vs.-player matches. For now, I’m excited for KOF XV. Its gameplay feels solid, its roster is satisfying, and its overall visual design once again does the series justice. I just hope all of those things hold up once the real fight begins.

Entertainium - Eduardo Rebouças - Unscored

The King of Fighters XV marks the return of one of fighting games most prestigious series to the limelight.

The Escapist - KC Nwosu - Unscored

Video Review - Quote not available

• Shocked 1