~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean, there were rioters outside near the building she was in, she was told to lockdown...and then people starting banging on the door yelling "where is she?" She admits that shortly after they identified themselves as police. I don't see that as an exaggeration. 

You can’t control how you feel, but watch Katie Porter described the same situation from her perspective. She was completely befuddled by AOC’s behavior. Obviously something triggered an outsized response to the events for her, but she didn’t really lie about what happened.

But none of that matters. The right doesn't peddle in nuance or shades of grey. They analyze the situation, find the absolute worst aspect of it and then hammer that home for months. Their followers will never bother to learn everything about the situation. They'll see a dishonest headline, skim the first paragraph, have their pre-concieved bias confirmed and stop. It will be carved into stone as a fact and nothing will change that.

I guarantee you that this will follow her for years.

"She lied about her life being in danger! It was a cop! It was a different building! Lair Liar Liar!"

That's what this will turn into.

8 minutes ago, ort said:

But none of that matters. The right doesn't peddle in nuance or shades of grey. They analyze the situation, find the absolute worst aspect of it and then hammer that home for months. Their followers will never bother to learn everything about the situation. They'll see a dishonest headline, skim the first paragraph, have their pre-concieved bats confirmed and stop. It will be carved into stone as a fact and nothing will change that.

I think we should all avoid unforced errors, but let’s not pretend the Fox News crowd needed THIS to slam AOC

31 minutes ago, ort said:

But none of that matters. The right doesn't peddle in nuance or shades of grey. They analyze the situation, find the absolute worst aspect of it and then hammer that home for months. Their followers will never bother to learn everything about the situation. They'll see a dishonest headline, skim the first paragraph, have their pre-concieved bias confirmed and stop. It will be carved into stone as a fact and nothing will change that.

I guarantee you that this will follow her for years.

"She lied about her life being in danger! It was a cop! It was a different building! Lair Liar Liar!"

That's what this will turn into.

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think we should all avoid unforced errors, but let’s not pretend the Fox News crowd needed THIS to slam AOC

Exactly. Fox will go after her if she uses salsa instead of mayo, and she will get death threats for it.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Corn chips, because I guarantee there are white people that dip them in mayo.

Having served with almost every race in the military, everyone puts mayo on disgusting shit, period. From fried chicken to mayo and lettuce sandwiches. That sin bears no race.

• Guillotine 1

40 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There's a lot of gringo style mexican restaurants I've been to that have chips with white sauce which seems like runny mayo

Crema? Cause that ain't a whitey thing.

There is no person on Earth that loves mayonnaise more than my Mexican wife. We go through a jar of Hellman's a month, easily. When it was hard to order food in April, we ended up getting two restaurant service sized jugs of mayonnaise from Walmart. They didn't make it past June, I don't think. Mayo iz lyfe.

• Shocked 2

7 minutes ago, ort said:

My wife is from Peru and loves mayo and I'm a white dude from the midwest and I hate it.

In my experience, it's typically white people that hate mayo that think only white people like mayo. It's the darnedest thing lol.