~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

This piece of shit is still kicking?

image.jpg?width=1200&coordinates=0%2C15%
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Far-right radio commentator Rush Limbaugh got nailed by one of his own listeners on Tuesday afternoon during his show when he attacked Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)...

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:
210107-2x1-ashli-babbitt-ew-1236p_ea8af9
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Investigators say the Capitol Police officer who fatally shot the Trump supporter shouldn't be charged with any crimes, a source familiar with the investigation said.

It's sad that this has to be confirmed.

Like, no fucking shit.

14 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It quite honestly answers why Trump hasn’t appeared on any of these shows. The moment he starts bitching about election fraud and Dominion voting machines the lawyers are going to start scrambling.

Then imagine the outrage from viewers if they had to do that to their god emperor.

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

This piece of shit is still kicking?

image.jpg?width=1200&coordinates=0%2C15%
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Far-right radio commentator Rush Limbaugh got nailed by one of his own listeners on Tuesday afternoon during his show when he attacked Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)...

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
e810ff47-c068-48fd-a264-005659c3e81a-cud
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Texas florist Jenny Cudd, who took part in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, asked for and got permission to travel to Mexico for a work retreat this month.

wut

MEXICO WILL PAY... to provide a continental breakfast for American criminals.

On 01/02/2021 at 10:45 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

there is a lot of that on the Republican side. People who, yes, worked hard, but had government help they could take advantage of until they were more financially self sufficient. Once they reached a point of success they look down upon anyone that “escaped” their circumstances yet, and think it’s a waste of their tax money to help those people. 

but pulling the ladder up behind them isn’t unique to Republicans. More Democratically minded people do it do on other issues. Many women who fought for Women’s suffrage didn’t support black civil rights. And many from both groups didn’t support gay rights. And not all gays support transgender rights. It’s like every group sees the next as not worthy of anti-discrimination laws, and thinks the next group needs to suffer/fight for as long as they had to. 

there are far too many humans that just don’t want to make it easier for those that come later. They want everyone to have to work just as hard to harder to “earn it”. 

Oh, I have a gay friend who thinks gay/lesbian rights should be totally separated from trans issues. He's 100% of the belief they make it harder for the rest of them. Its definitely not an uncommon belief.

On 02/02/2021 at 4:45 PM, ort said:

People used to love Hillary too. A long time ago, but they did...

AOC never called black men Super Predators or went against lgbtq rights.

Are we still pretending Hillary is a good person, and not just a political chameleon who will be whatever she thinks will gain her votes? Better than Trump, sure. Good person, probably not so much.

Its ridiculous to chalk up her not being likeable to misogyny. AOC is very likeable if you aren't a crazy person. I don't always agree with her, but I don't question whether she's a good person or not.

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Are we still pretending Hillary is a good person, and not just a political chameleon who will be whatever she thinks will gain her votes.

Its ridiculous to chalk up her not being likeable to misogyny. AOC is very likeable if you aren't a crazy person. I don't always agree with her, but I don't question whether she's a good person or not.

The fact that we’re talking about HRC’s “likeability” is inherently misogynistic. Any traditional, career politician is a chameleon, HRC gets more shit for it than men do because of misogyny. This is not to say that the ONLY reason to not vote for her is the patriarchy, but she takes an outsize beating because of it and that’s not up for debate.

7 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The fact that we’re talking about HRC’s “likeability” is inherently misogynistic. Any traditional, career politician is a chameleon, HRC gets more shit for it than men do because of misogyny. This is not to say that the ONLY reason to not vote for her is the patriarchy, but she takes an outsize beating because of it and that’s not up for debate.

If Obama had been in government longer he would have been seen as a chameleon before he ran for president.

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

But i talk about the same with men I vote for. Ted Cruz could hold all the same positions as me, and I still wouldn't vote for him because he's a smarmy, disgusting bastard.

Its just as ok to talk about one or the other.

On 2/2/2021 at 2:04 PM, ort said:

Starting the countdown clock for the right wing media to start mocking her relentlessly for exaggerating her near-death experience.

10... 9... 8...

and 3... 2... 1...

aoc.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., is facing criticism over initial claims she made about the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, with many noting that she wasn't even in the Capitol when it occurred.

But seriously, she did exaggerate the danger... why do they do this to themselves? The reality is already fucked up beyond anything we could have imagined... no need to try and make it sound worse.

Reminds me of all of those reports that members were giving tours. Were they? If they were, great... tell the world. If not, then don't talk about it. We don't need to enter the world of half-truths and rumors... the truth is out there and it is already bad.

• Guillotine 1

17 minutes ago, ort said:

and 3... 2... 1...

aoc.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., is facing criticism over initial claims she made about the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, with many noting that she wasn't even in the Capitol when it occurred.

But seriously, she did exaggerate the danger... why do they do this to themselves? The reality is already fucked up beyond anything we could have imagined... no need to try and make it sound worse.

Reminds me of all of those reports that members were giving tours. Were they? If they were, great... tell the world. If not, then don't talk about it. We don't need to enter the world of half-truths and rumors... the truth is out there and it is already bad.

I mean, there were rioters outside near the building she was in, she was told to lockdown...and then people starting banging on the door yelling "where is she?" She admits that shortly after they identified themselves as police. I don't see that as an exaggeration. 

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean, there were rioters outside near the building she was in, she was told to lockdown...and then people starting banging on the door yelling "where is she?" She admits that shortly after they identified themselves as police. I don't see that as an exaggeration. 

It only counts if they didnt let her eat at a restaurant.

40 minutes ago, ort said:

and 3... 2... 1...

aoc.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., is facing criticism over initial claims she made about the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, with many noting that she wasn't even in the Capitol...

lol fox

On 2/3/2021 at 8:08 AM, CitizenVectron said:
e810ff47-c068-48fd-a264-005659c3e81a-cud
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Texas florist Jenny Cudd, who took part in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, asked for and got permission to travel to Mexico for a work retreat this month.

wut

There is really no good reason to disallow travel for misdemeanor charges, but American legal values.

I don't doubt she was scared and had every right to be... but the language she was using in the days after the riot made it sound much much worse.

She kept hinting around about some sort of run-in with bad actors... and it turns out it was a police officer? And he was kinda weird and grumpy?

I don't know. You can make your point without giving your opponents extra material to work with. She surely could have seen this coming? She knows how the right processes everything. She knows how the game works, she knows they don't accept anything from her in good faith. Don't lob them softballs.