~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

he showed me this for definition. spacer.png

it’s a bit less flattering to read the definition. lol

Hilarious because from their perspective, the only person they believe is Trump, unquestionably, they are prone to being completely submissive to his media narrative, and the Trumpers are prone to constant outbursts of irrational fear (pro Muslim ban, pro immigrant childen in cages, storm the Capitol when they lose) and they shame free thought, but assume victim status every time a private entity denies them a platform to spew hate and stupidity. 

Projection, it seems, still reigns supreme with the far right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Wow

Imagine telling people you are a patriot who is pro-America, and then sell American state secrets to Putin and the Russians, forgetting they are, at least by label, a communist dicatorship who fought a Cold War with the very America you "want to make great again" for decades.

Ah, a history book, they couldn't find one. Wikipedia was inaccessible. We're all complicity theorists. The Cold War was fake, Russia is America, and America is lizard people betraying real America, which is Russia. 

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Imagine telling people you are a patriot who is pro-America, and then sell American state secrets to Putin and the Russians, forgetting they are, at least by label, a communist dicatorship who fought a Cold War with the very America you "want to make great again" for decades.

Ah, a history book, they couldn't find one. Wikipedia was inaccessible. We're all complicity theorists. The Cold War was fake, Russia is America, and America is lizard people betraying real America, which is Russia. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

As I love to do regularly:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470mx100l6hjf7vvu6sj

Chaser: they've never been to Russia, and have no idea how hard life is for so many there (I've been multiple times). Presumably these people have children. And grandchildren even.

Oh good God . . . the horror . . . the horror . . .

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

they've never been to Russia

They've never been out of the state they were born in. I had co worker about a month ago tell me that England been a raging shit fire thats more or a less under Islamic Jihad for the past 5 years. Facebook assured him him of this, i asked if hes ever been , his response was "Have YOU?". I told him I was there last year, you would thought I teleported thru time and space and kicked baby Jesus in the balls by the look on his face. This is how they picture any country outside the US

Pin on fabuloso

4 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

They've never been out of the state they were born in. I had co worker about a month ago tell me that England been a raging shit fire thats more or a less under Islamic Jihad for the past 5 years. Facebook assured him him of this, i asked if hes ever been , his response was "Have YOU?". I told him I was there last year, you would thought I teleported thru time and space and kicked baby Jesus in the balls by the look on his face. This is how they picture any country outside the US

Pin on fabuloso

I mean, that'd be fucking awesome though.

41 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

You're very, very right. Most of these MAGA chuds I've known in real life had never even left PA, maybe the tri-state area at most, but they feel like they can talk about Iraq, Russia, and China, when they don't even know dick about California or Vermont. 

It's the best comeback with these people. Don't even bother countering their points. Just go: "have you even been to Russia?" "Do you know anyone who died of Covid? Cause I do." "Do you actually even know one Muslim? One LGBTQIA+ person? One undocumented immigrant?" Their frame of reference is just completely fucked. 

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Pin on fabuloso

State? Townies hardly ever even leave the county they were born in. 

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Pin on fabuloso

I know a girl who works as a nurse in Dallas. Brown skinned, Muslim, and some of the things she says of people is really disheartening. Some of the people she knows honestly say things like, "why would I want to take a vacation to another country? I already live in the best country on Earth." It's so mind-bogglingly stupid. No one says you need to move, but to not at least take a trip, see the world, learn about different cultures, try new foods, see amazing sights, etc. Their worldview is tiny. Plus like I said she's Muslim, so the odd, "Isn't that religion full of terrorists" crap here and there. 

To your point about England, I knew a guy years ago that said that if you go anywhere near a mosque after hours in England you'll be assaulted. If you're carrying a beer they'll whack it out of your hand because you're on holy ground. Rapes all over the place by Muslim men. Shit like that. Very glad I'm not friends with that asshole anymore. Some of the stuff he said... 

36 minutes ago, Brick said:

I know a girl who works as a nurse in Dallas. Brown skinned, Muslim, and some of the things she says of people is really disheartening. Some of the people she knows honestly say things like, "why would I want to take a vacation to another country? I already live in the best country on Earth." It's so mind-bogglingly stupid. No one says you need to move, but to not at least take a trip, see the world, learn about different cultures, try new foods, see amazing sights, etc. Their worldview is tiny. Plus like I said she's Muslim, so the odd, "Isn't that religion full of terrorists" crap here and there. 

To your point about England, I knew a guy years ago that said that if you go anywhere near a mosque after hours in England you'll be assaulted. If you're carrying a beer they'll whack it out of your hand because you're on holy ground. Rapes all over the place by Muslim men. Shit like that. Very glad I'm not friends with that asshole anymore. Some of the stuff he said... 

There were some incidents in the uk that the right was able to stretch into typical gop craziness of the highest order. Some messed up shit did happen in one area, but the UK is a unique place, there are black brown people everywhere, of many different nationalities, and the crazed lunatics see that as some kind of invasion of their ancestors former homeland. They believe that Europe is the sole property of whites(tm), and every person who isn't a deathly shade of pale is filthy terrorist or communist.

The bane of their existence is knowing deep down that most people, in general, of all colors, are better than them in most ways and in most things. Because only the truly empty could hold on to hate as an ideology.

Its like guns. I'm a gun guy, my cabinet is stocked. I have no plan on giving back any of them. But if the government said, look, we're taking the AR's, I'd give mine up. I like shooting it, but I don't need it. But the rabid gun nuts, every single one I've met, is an insecure baby inside. I saw it in the military (its not as many as most of ypu think, id say most soldiers don't even own more than pistol). But then theres some who make it their life. It fills something inside of them and hives them something to belong to. Something most of them are missing in their personal lives.

I can say im scared of who I'd be if I hadn't met my wife, had my son, and joined the army. With the way I started out, I might have been there on the 6th. 

7 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

The amount of money gun nuts spend is wild. If they spent half that on therapy instead of special forces cosplay, our society would be so better off.

Probably not. Mental health is incredibly expensive in the US. Even with insurance I was spending several hundred dollars a month for counseling, and prescribed medication. We are terrible at prioritization in this country. 

8 minutes ago, Iculus said:

Probably not. Mental health is incredibly expensive in the US. Even with insurance I was spending several hundred dollars a month for counseling, and prescribed medication. We are terrible at prioritization in this country. 

Lol, some people shoot 200$ a week easy, and thats not counting weapons and accessories. I don't shoot that much, but when its not a pandemic and im working, I do shoot 50-60$ a week in between pistols and rifles. I buy my ammo on sale, 180-300$/1000 depending on caliber and quality.

Shooting is fun as hell, when its treated as a hobby or sport. When I competed in 3 gun, I could shoot 200$ worth of target ammo in a day, every second weekend. The problem is when they tie their whole identity to it.

Ahh.. the before days....

54 minutes ago, Iculus said:

I mean guys like this:

If only we could go back in time and get their fathers to tell them that they loved them.

But yes, I agree with your point that mental healthcare is too expensive in America. 

4 hours ago, Brick said:

It's almost mind numbingly shocking how few "average" Americans think about traveling internationally, particularly to a predominantly non-white, non-English speaking country. They get all scared and worried and confused. I don't think in all my 34 years that's not been the case. It's pretty much agreed upon that reading and traveling increase your IQ, your intellectual curiosity, and your understanding of the world.

These people won't leave their county, their state, or America at all. I can't understand it, as I love traveling. What's even more sad? I get traveling is expensive, or can be, and that's why some don't do it. But most of these aforementioned kinds of people: they don't even think about doing it. It just . . . doesn't enter into their choices in life. Going once a week to the local Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's or Chili's or whatever and getting drunk with other locals is pretty much all their lives are. It's like they are so stuck in Middle America that even though some could do it, they just . . . don't. It's bizarre. Imagine having the money to fly yourself and your wife to Istanbul (a beautiful city I love visiting) and instead you just go another week to the local dives and waste your life away. They watch trash network TV, no reading, no traveling, no intellectual stimulation of any kind. Robots like @legend live it up more. It's . . . Jesus. It's pathetic, really. I'd feel bad except many of these same people are Trumpers who stormed the Capitol, or approve of the people who did.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's almost mind numbingly shocking how few "average" Americans think about traveling internationally, particularly to a predominantly non-white, non-English speaking country. They get all scared and worried and confused. I don't think in all my 34 years that's not been the case. It's pretty much agreed upon that reading and traveling increase your IQ, your intellectual curiosity, and your understanding of the world.

These people won't leave their county, their state, or America at all. I can't understand it, as I love traveling. What's even more sad? I get traveling is expensive, or can be, and that's why some don't do it. But most of these aforementioned kinds of people: they don't even think about doing it. It just . . . doesn't enter into their choices in life. Going once a week to the local Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's or Chili's or whatever and getting drunk with other locals is pretty much all their lives are. It's like they are so stuck in Middle America that even though some could do it, they just . . . don't. It's bizarre. Imagine having the money to fly yourself and your wife to Istanbul (a beautiful city I love visiting) and instead you just go another week to the local dives and waste your life away. They watch trash network TV, no reading, no traveling, no intellectual stimulation of any kind. Robots like @legend live it up more. It's . . . Jesus. It's pathetic, really. I'd feel bad except many of these same people are Trumpers who stormed the Capitol, or approve of the people who did.

I'm from a small town (35,000 or so) and when we finally got an Applebee's that was big news. People would drive 45 minutes to the next town to eat at Olive Garden.

This is really neither here nor there, but Friday Night Lights is such a good show cause it really gets small town life.

3 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I'm from a small town (35,000 or so) and when we finally got an Applebee's that was big news. People would drige 45 minutes to the next town to eat at Olive Garden.

This is really neither here nor there, but Friday Night Lights is such a good show cause it really gets small town life.

Friday Night Lights really does get it. I went to college in Lewisburg, PA for 4 years (Bucknell University - imagine a beautiful campus literally in the middle of nowhere, USA) and Applebee's was, like, the highlight of the area for the local townies. That, Wal-Mart, and the three local dive bars. They absolutely hated college kids, because we represented everything they had come to resent: energy, youth, intellectual curiosity, a desire to be alive. 

The townies would constantly try to get us kicked out of bars, etc. Call cops on those who partied underage but lived off campus. These peoples' lives are just sad. 

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I love traveling. Expensive yes, but totally worth it. I've done a few Contiki Tours, and can't wait to do another. Would really like to visit Southeast Asia, so Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia (I hear Bali is stunningly beautiful from my Australian friends who constantly go), Cambodia, etc. I'd also love to take a trip to Europe again and see some of the places I missed the first time. Hopefully I can go with my girlfriend as she's half Croatian and would love to show me some places there, like where her mom grew up, and I'd love to take her to see the Louvre since she loves art, and museums, and I missed it my first time as well. 

Like you said I can understand not being able to travel, but not wanting to because of some jingoistic view that America is the best, and there's no point in seeing other countries is a big problem. Infuriatingly stupid people. 

Everyone should travel to a Muslim country at least once. Just not, like, UAE or somewhere that builds their tourism industry on the backs of slave labor, etc.

Turns out Muslims are people, too. Getting woken up by the call to prayer is a great alarm clock. One time I went to this bar in a Muslim part of southern Thailand, the bartender was wearing a hijab and everything. In addition to alcohol, you could order weed from the bar, or even mushroom smoothies. There was this group of crazy Russians getting fucked up, and one of the times the bartender brought weed to them, they offered her a hit, and she smoked it.

Seeing a woman in a hijab smoke bush weed out of a conch shell pipe with a bunch of Russians who didn't know any word in English other than "apologize" is something I'll never forget.