~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm STILL seething at Dana Bash.

I would scream at her until I was hoarse if she was standing in front of me right now.

I watched that clip live... its far less damning than that video would have you believe. She's been VERY outspoken and critical of Trump and I'm pretty sure she acknolwedged that he didn't write the words that were coming out of the teleprompter and that he was forced to say them. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I watched that clip live... its far less damning than that video would have you believe. She's been VERY outspoken and critical of Trump and I'm pretty sure she acknolwedged that he didn't write the words that were coming out of the teleprompter and that he was forced to say them. 

Dana "Ron Burgundy" Bash

6 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I’ve seen that floating around Twitter. I’m not constitutional scholar by any means, but the 25th amendment reads a bit different to me.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.

Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Seems pretty straightforward to me (emphasis mine)

50 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide

This reads to me as if Congress could write a new law that could conceivably create a commission (hopefully non-partisan) that would have the duty to invoke the 25th.  

If we are ever worried about a cabinet siding with an insane president (like that would ever happen!), than a neutral body might be useful in such situations. 

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

This reads to me as if Congress could write a new law that could conceivably create a commission (hopefully non-partisan) that would have the duty to invoke the 25th.  

If we are ever worried about a cabinet siding with an insane president (like that would ever happen!), than a neutral body might be useful in such situations. 

So about that...