~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

This comment, that was essentially endorsed by McConnell and his ilk at the time, has aged real well....

What is the downside for humoring him for this little bit of time? No one seriously thinks the results will change,” the official said. “He went golfing this weekend. It’s not like he’s plotting how to prevent Joe Biden from taking power on Jan. 20. He’s tweeting about filing some lawsuits, those lawsuits will fail, then he’ll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he’ll leave.”

• Like 1

It's insane to me that they got this far. We've seen such extreme police responses over the last year for people protesting in parks or on streets, and these guys manage to storm the freaking capital building?

The reason for the differing response isn't a mystery, but seeing such a stark difference is still shocking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

It's insane to me that they got this far. We've seen such extreme police responses over the last year for people protesting in parks or on streets, and these guys manage to storm the freaking capital building?

The reason for the differing response isn't a mystery, but seeing such a stark difference is still shocking.

This is not at all surprising and shouldn't be too anybody because this has happened at state houses and federal buildings multiple times over the last decade. I don't see how this is any different than right-wing protestors storming the Michigan capitol building with little to no resistance.

• Like 1