~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Joe Lockhart (yes, yes I know) believes that a "piecemeal" implementation of the 25th Amendment may be happening.

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm not even sure what that would mean, but I like it.  I guess?

My guess would be basically a silent agreement for Pence to assume the official powers without officially staining Trump with the label of being removed. They run out the clock while maintaining the charade.

If they did this, it would probably be because Pence already has the cabinet support to do so and told Trump to take it or leave it.

Remember that before this all happened, Pence and Trump had basically declared war on one another so there's probably no concern over preserving that burnt bridge now.

Pence isn't going to run for president, but maybe two weeks will be enough that he gets to do all the fun former president stuff like visit baseball games or pop up at a photo op at some national disaster. For the vast majority of Americans, that'll be enough to get the Trump stench off of him. Trump's rabid based would certainly turn on him. Even if he never holds an elected office again, he'd be welcome on TV or spitting out some stupid book.

Somewhere around like 2017 or so my Dad really started getting on the trump train and got further and further into it as the conspiracies became more rampant and he happily consumed them. He started getting into all the fox news and right wing insanity. Like he wouldn’t go to a rally or anything, but he would relay the talking points.

I got off the phone with him and this is verbatim what he had to say today: “I never liked republicans anyway”. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Somewhere around like 2017 or so my Dad really started getting on the trump train and got further and further into it as the conspiracies became more rampant and he happily consumed them. He started getting into all the fox news and right wing insanity. Like he wouldn’t go to a rally or anything, but he would relay the talking points.

I got off the phone with him and this is verbatim what he had to say today: “I never liked republicans anyway”. 

Hopefully this extreme absurdism will bring a few people back.  I've already seen at least one other person turn against Trump today.

4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Hopefully this extreme absurdism will bring a few people back.  I've already seen at least one other person turn against Trump today.

I think what I’m seeing is that he loves conspiracies but he always stops at the lizard people. For whatever reason it seems like most of the conspiracy stuff ends in lizard people, and that’s just a bridge too far for him to get into it. I think what happened today finally made him see the lizard people in it all.

More seriously, I basically don't watch TV news at all anymore, but I've watched like 6 hours of ABC and NBC today, and I've heard a bunch of vague references to "divisions within the country," but I'm not sure if I've heard the term QAnon mentioned once, and it just feels like so many people in prominent positions still don't really grasp the actual nature of the problem

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

I'm listening to my usual Seahawks podcast and they keep talking about "turning over the football." I don't need that kind of anxiety now lol.

Trump toying with the idea that if he nukes Detroit it will retroactively invalidate all those votes....

"So many dead people voted. This is a travesty. Unbelievable."

• Thanks 1