~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

27 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It’s a double edged sword. Biden is better than the alternative (four more years of Trump), but Biden doing things the way he’s doing them is most likely giving us four more years of Trump… but delayed.

I was just telling my coworker this morning that Biden's legacy will be...temporarily delaying the fall of the American republic by a single term.

• True 2

30 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I was just telling my coworker this morning that Biden's legacy will be...temporarily delaying the fall of the American republic by a single term.

And it’s a shame, because the Biden administration HAS done a lot. Honestly, I still stand by people not being vaccinated against covid if Trump had won a second term, as he and his team really had no rollout plans for the vaccines when they were ready. The death toll would be even higher had he won, and unemployment would be insane.

Not to mention what Putin would likely be doing to Ukraine with a U.S. President that was anti-NATO and clearly in Putin’s pocket.

8 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

And it’s a shame, because the Biden administration HAS done a lot. Honestly, I still stand by people not being vaccinated against covid if Trump had won a second term, as he and his team really had no rollout plans for the vaccines when they were ready. The death toll would be even higher had he won, and unemployment would be insane.

Not to mention what Putin would likely be doing to Ukraine with a U.S. President that was anti-NATO and clearly in Putin’s pocket.

The Obama and Biden administrations prove that technical competency is not enough to run a country, you also need to be good at messaging and politicking. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

The Obama and Biden administrations prove that technical competency is not enough to run a country, you also need to be good at messaging and politicking. 

That also annoys me so much, because the Trump administration was just as bad if not worse at messaging. But people are now clamoring for the “glory days” of Trump being in charge, when we saw how he handled the one crisis this country, and the rest of the world, had to deal with when he was in charge.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

That also annoys me so much, because the Trump administration was just as bad if not worse at messaging. But people are now clamoring for the “glory days” of Trump being in charge, when we saw how he handled the one crisis this country, and the rest of the world, had to deal with when he was in charge.

Oh for sure, I agree with you. But while Trump was bad a real messaging (i.e. information, plans, etc) they were great at emotional messaging, which is what 40-60% of the US public cares about. Most people don't care what a politician is specifically going to do, they care about if they are going to fight for them. Trump conveys this, and no Democrats (except some like AOC, etc) do. 

• True 1

Oh goody - more criminal referrals for contempt of Congress that Garland's DoJ won't act upon!

220209-peter-navarro-2020-ac-436p-b3dfc7
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Former trade adviser Peter Navarro and Dan Scavino, who served as deputy chief of staff at the White House, have refused to comply with subpoenas from the committee.

• Guillotine 2

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The committee is begging and pleading with AG to ducking do something

16 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh for sure, I agree with you. But while Trump was bad a real messaging (i.e. information, plans, etc) they were great at emotional messaging, which is what 40-60% of the US public cares about. Most people don't care what a politician is specifically going to do, they care about if they are going to fight for them. Trump conveys this, and no Democrats (except some like AOC, etc) do. 

The dumbest part about all this is that somewhere in Biden's adding heart he seems knows it's the right thing to do. However, he's not playing out of a stupid fear of political backlash. Fuck man. You're so old. Take all the feared political backlash of prosecuting a former president on yourself, don't run for reelection, and retire back to Delaware. Go, like, paint pictures of your feet in a bathtub or something.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Last year huh? Sure is great that Biden is treating this with the urgency it deserves.

If anything, this makes Biden EVEN MORE culpable for his failure to (a) pressure Garland to actually prosecute, (b) pressure Garland to resign if he's unwilling to prosecute, or (c) fire Garland if he's unwilling to do either (a) or (b).

Again, this is an abdication of Biden's responsibility as President and should be considered an impeachable offense.