~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

So, remember when Trump used to whine about toilets needing multiple flushes?

trumpdonald_070721ap-seth-wenig_jan.6-pa
THEHILL.COM

White House staffers regularly found ripped-up printed paper clogging a toilet in the presidential residence when former President Trump lived there, according to an upcoming book from...

12 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

THEHILL.COM

White House staffers regularly found ripped-up printed paper clogging a toilet in the presidential residence when former President Trump lived there, according to an upcoming book from...

Do they not have a fireplace?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, MarSolo said:

THEHILL.COM

The only shocking thing about this is that staffers have access to the same toilet Trump shat on? It doesn't read like they mean janitorial staff. Weird.

19 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The only shocking thing about this is that staffers have access to the same toilet Trump shat on? It doesn't read like they mean janitorial staff. Weird.

All underlings are equivalent and equally replaceable to Trump. From Chiefs of Staff, to janitors, to his own children. "Reince the toilet is clogged again. Take care of it. Eric, get me a diet Coke from McDonald's or you're fired."

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean...is there any legal compulsion for him to recuse himself? Or just another norm that the right-wing can trample?

The latter but the other justices who have had family involved in some way generally follow this rule. SCOTUS is the only court not bound to a code of ethics!

I recommend reading/listening to this interview with long time reporter Jane Mayer who has covered the Thomas’ since he was confirmed to the Supreme Court. In a sane world Thomas would be impeached for this nonsense but we don’t live in that world

facebook-default-wide.jpg?s=1400
WWW.NPR.ORG

New Yorker writer Jane Mayer discusses the conservative beliefs and influence of Ginni Thomas, an activist who's been associated with some groups involved in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Gottem

I’m sure AG Garland will get right on this

I'm genuinely serious when I say that Biden has committed a serious -- if not, criminal --  abdication of his responsibility as President by not firing Garland for his failure to pursue criminal charges against those found in contempt of Congress.

I honestly cannot thing of something that more than qualifies as impeachable "high crimes and misdemeanors". 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm genuinely serious when I say that Biden has committed a grievous -- if not, criminal --  abdication of his responsibility as President by not firing Garland for his failure to pursue criminal charges against those found in contempt of Congress.

I honestly cannot thing of something that more than qualifies as impeachable "high crimes and misdemeanors". 

But but but then it would be Biden politicizing the investigation, which would be just as bad as what Trump did! 

So obviously in a just world, Trump would be in prison already, along with most of his cronies. But let me pose a question: If somehow Garland had the guts to press charges and go for a conviction (and Biden allowed it), would that help or hurt Trump in 2024, considering the trial would certainly not be settled before the election? Honestly I think it would help him.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So obviously in a just world, Trump would be in prison already, along with most of his cronies. But let me pose a question: If somehow Garland had the guts to press charges and go for a conviction (and Biden allowed it), would that help or hurt Trump in 2024, considering the trial would certainly not be settled before the election? Honestly I think it would help him.

This is likely a major part of the administration’s calculus, unfortunately.

My point is, it wouldn’t matter how popular Trump is if he were in prison!

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Maybe it would dampen the utter B.S. Republican politicians are spewing and doing knowing there are no repercussions for their actions.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Depends on how the media and elites signal it. It should be treated at the 5-alarm fire that it is but you simply don’t see that urgency from leadership. I doubt an indictment would change that tbh. Lot of both sides and “impartial” reporting is prevalent in the big media orgs, and have their own internal pro trump biases

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Depends on how the media and elites signal it. It should be treated at the 5-alarm fire that it is but you simply don’t see that urgency from leadership. I doubt an indictment would change that tbh. Lot of both sides and “impartial” reporting is prevalent in the big media orgs, and have their own internal pro trump biases

CNN panel in August 2024: "Does Trump's time in jail give him bad boy street creds with the blacks?"

• Haha 5
  • True 1
  • Sicko 1