~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

17 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I don't know what either of these bills do. 

Dem bill: anti gerrymandering, campaign finance, and voting rules, voting rights act update, stuff like that

electoral count act: basically how congress counts electoral votes from the states. This times article explains some items on why it needs to be updated though there is some debate if the law actually would bind a future congress

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Dem bill: anti gerrymandering, campaign finance, and voting rules, voting rights act update, stuff like that

electoral count act: basically how congress counts electoral votes from the states. This times article explains some items on why it needs to be updated though there is some debate if the law actually would bind a future congress

That times article link links back to the start of this thread.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

So, anyone here expecting anything to happen tomorrow? I still remember watching it unfold on my phone last year while I waited for my load to be drop off at the store. Probably see a few idiots show up but not much else

I expect some ppl probably looking for JFK Jr in Dallas.

41 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I expect some ppl probably looking for JFK Jr in Dallas.

I can see it now. Some weirdo decides to hijack the same type of plane JFK Jr. “crashed in” Take off from a nearby airport and fly it towards The White House, only to be shot down on White House property. New conspiracy theories galore start happening and Biden should be killed because he shot down “the rightful leader” of these United States  JFK Jr. Angry mobs now form to raid TWH and do whatever it takes to put Trump back in charge.

I truly believe that theirs an 80% chance that the above could be a real scenario they are thinking about pulling off

After years of stating "your guns won't protect you from the government" (2A counter argument), the same people state and fear monger that unarmed people could take over the government. Hilarity; I really do appreciate the funnies the last couple years have provided.

Happy New Year. Health and safety well wishes to you all.

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

After years of stating "your guns won't protect you from the government" (2A counter argument), the same people state and fear monger that unarmed people could take over the government. Hilarity; I really do appreciate the funnies the last couple years have provided.

Happy New Year. Health and safety well wishes to you all.

They were feet away from lynching congresspersons and senators and the state apparatus (national guard) was held back by the president and his political cronies from deploying to protect a branch of government doing its constitutional duty from a partisan lynch mob working at the behest of that president.

You rube, you fucking moron. 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You don’t have to amplify the bullshit that these traitors to (what passes for) democracy say

So you're saying CEB members will accidentally fall for the rightwing bullshit if we post it here to show what's going on? 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

So you're saying CEB members will accidentally fall for the rightwing bullshit if we post it here to show what's going on? 

No, he's saying that we all know this is going on. We don't need every single example of it to confirm our priors (which have already been confirmed). 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think bm’s point is you shouldn’t give videos about these garbage people free views. People here will share it with their friends as well, even if to laugh at their idiocy, and further increase its visibility.

Yeah. Second order effects (I often share things posted here!) and also we already know these people are horrible shitheads and traitors we don’t need to see everything they say, particularly when there’s nothing newsworthy that they’re saying.