Back 4 Blood - Information Thread, update: Turtle Rock announces end of content delivery

Commissar SFLUFAN

share.jpg
WWW.BACK4BLOOD.COM

Back 4 Blood is a thrilling cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead franchise. You are at the center of a war against the Ridden. These once-human hosts of a deadly parasite have turned into terrifying creatures bent on devouring what remains of civilization. With humanity’s extinction on the line, it’s up to you and your friends to take the fight to the enemy, eradicate the Ridden, and reclaim the world.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Back 4 Blood (Left 4 Dead spiritual successor from original developer Turtle Rock Studios) - Gameplay Demo and Reveal Trailer (22 June 2021 release)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Back 4 Blood (Left 4 Dead spiritual successor from original developer Turtle Rock Studios) - Gameplay Demo and Reveal Trailer (22 June 2021)

Closed alpha for PC from 12/17 - 12/21

Sign up and register for the Back 4 Blood Closed Alpha test below to receive a code.

This playtest is only on PC at this time.

Players must have or create a WB Games Hub account in order to redeem their key.

Registration does not guarantee a spot in the playtest as codes are available in a limited capacity in participating regions (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany).

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Back 4 Blood (Left 4 Dead spiritual successor from original developer Turtle Rock Studios) - PC Closed Alpha announced for 12/17 - 12/21, registration link posted
3 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Looks pretty disappointing from what I've seen, but I'll hold off judgement until I can play it.  The UI sucks, the pacing of the hordes and special infected seems way off, and the stats/items/cards seems needlessly complex and only included to ensure that they can monetize the game into the future.

I hope for Turtle Rock's sake that it's not a total disaster because after what happened with "Evolve" that would probably be the end of them.

Evolve was fucking incredible. It remains one of the only multiplayer games to ever give me what I'd describe as actual white knuckle matches. Still a damn shame that it was tutorialized terribly to the point where it basically taught you nothing and then was immediately bombarded from orbit with a thousand different expensive DLCs and multiple season passes. These days that kind of shit wouldn't even have people blink an eye because we live in a hellscape dystopia, but back then it was a death sentence.

In terms of actual gameplay, there was no mess about it. It was absolutely rock solid and played excellently. Especially as a monster. Of course, since the game did a poor job teaching you how to play well, the monsters all sucked ass and thought the Hunters were OP while the Hunters all sucked ass and thought the monsters were OP. I'd say the clusterfuck wrought in that game was much more due to presentation than any actual issue with the game itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Back 4 Blood (Left 4 Dead spiritual successor from original developer Turtle Rock Studios) - update: release postponed to 12 October 2021
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Back 4 Blood (12 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: "Back 4 Blood has bigger ambitions than being Left 4 Dead 3" (PC Gamer)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Back 4 Blood (12 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: "Card System" trailer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Back 4 Blood (12 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: "Meet the Cleaners" trailer
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Back 4 Blood (12 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: Open Beta announced for August 12