The PS5 is the glitchiest piece of shit console I've ever owned and I feel like it's not being talked about enough.

Paperclyp

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Nintendo has, in my opinion, a completely undeserved reputation for hardware quality.

The NES is one of the least reliable pieces of successful gaming hardware. Nostalgia has made it seem like it was a quaint thing to have to blow on or reposition carts all the time to get them to play, any system that treated discs this way would get torched and rightfully so.

The original Game Boy had a ton of screen quality issues.

The SNES looked like it smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day after being next to your TV for a year.

The N64 controller's analog sticks were shockingly bad.

I don't know if I've ever seen a Nintendo DS lite without cracked hinges.

The original 3DS bezel fucked up the upper screen when the system was closed.

Switch joycon drift is an inexcusable problem.

I honestly don't know where their reputation for hardware quality comes from, it's completely baffling to me.

It’s because they all still work. 

The NES may be the outlier, sure. But anyone with a screwdriver and the tiniest bit of research can fix it. The top-loader NES systems are solid as a rock, as far as I know.

15 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

It’s because they all still work. 

The NES may be the outlier, sure. But anyone with a screwdriver and the tiniest bit of research can fix it. The top-loader NES systems are solid as a rock, as far as I know.

Again, not an outlier. Nintendo has had many hardware problems. They also refused to fix most of them. Hell, a lawsuit was needed to get them admit there was a problem with joycons. They would never fix n64 controllers, or the dslite hinges. Nintendo is a horrible, anti-consumer company that happens to make great games. No different than apple, popular in spite of treatment of their hardware owners, not because of it. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Again, not an outlier. Nintendo has had many hardware problems. They also refused to fix most of them. Hell, a lawsuit was needed to get them admit there was a problem with joycons. They would never fix n64 controllers, or the dslite hinges. Nintendo is a horrible, anti-consumer company that happens to make great games. No different than apple, popular in spite of treatment of their hardware owners, not because of it. 

Interesting insight. Thanks for sharing!

I’m curious though. If you don’t feel Nintendo has the most reliable hardware in the industry...which company do you think DOES? :confused:

9 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Interesting insight. Thanks for sharing!

I’m curious though. If you don’t feel Nintendo has the most reliable hardware in the industry...which company do you think DOES? :confused:

Has MS had any problems aside from RROD (which they took complete responsibility for and fixed/replaced every single console and gave extended warranty)? If not, maybe them. 

Why does it matter who makes the most reliable when they all have problems? Im not trying to say Nintendo is worse, jusr trying to dispel the myth that they are better.

I have a Switch, my wife has a switch, my son has a switch. We each have multiple sets of joy cons, new and old, and we’ve all had to sent multiple joycons to be fixed. Its absolutely inexcusable. To this day, joycons are cheaply made trash (and extremely uncomfortable). They should have been fixed long ago, with PS/Xbox style thumb-sticks to boot. 

@BloodyHell

Again, interesting insight! Not sure why you have this mission to try and “dispel the myth” that Nintendo has the most reliable hardware (when I’m pretty sure it does) but I guess we all have our own axes to grind.

I always enjoy talking to the group here at D1P. I’m usually surrounded by big Nintendo fans, so it’s refreshing to hear/read opinions that the company and its games/hardware aren’t the best. I really do appreciate it. No bullshit.

Though I will say, no way do I want PS-style thumb sticks on my JoyCon! Never liked PlayStation’s analog sticks. They never really felt right in my hands. Xbox-style though? Hmm. Maybe!

13 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

@BloodyHell

Again, interesting insight! Not sure why you have this mission to try and “dispel the myth” that Nintendo has the most reliable hardware (when I’m pretty sure it does) but I guess we all have our own axes to grind.

I always enjoy talking to the group here at D1P. I’m usually surrounded by big Nintendo fans, so it’s refreshing to hear/read opinions that the company and its games/hardware aren’t the best. I really do appreciate it. No bullshit.

Though I will say, no way do I want PS-style thumb sticks on my JoyCon! Never liked PlayStation’s analog sticks. They never really felt right in my hands. Xbox-style though? Hmm. Maybe!

I love Nintendo games, I think they’ve created some of the best ever games, but I see their bs for what it is. I don’t know how anyone could call them most reliable when they’ve made so many unreliable and broken products. Again, broken hinges, broken controllers, broken joycons, NES troubles, switch docks scratching screes. never once took responsibility with fans. Oh, and profits off forced labor. The only difference is for some reason Nintendo fans in general would rather deny it than admit theres a problem. I don’t get it.

Sony’s sticks are way better than Nintendo’s. Xbox does make the best controller ever made though.