Venture Bros. (The Movie) - Radiant Is the Blood of the Baboon Heart - 7/21/23

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Nothing will come close to topping the premier of Season 2.

This was pretty good tho. I forgot that season 6 just kind of... ended.

I should clarify as ultimately I agree: I meant in terms of literal “LOL” jokes/moments. In the terms of actual story and all that, yea, the S2E1 reveals/arc may never be topped. :p 

I mean, really, though...

Spoiler

Maybe your belly’s just upset from this vegan-diet nonsense... Eat a bacon, Dean! :rofl: 

• 4 weeks later...

It’s really good. The show has changed a lot over the years, the contrast to the early seasons is pretty stark. It’s much less of a riff on Johnny Quest and a monument to failure as it is a buddy / hangout show that’s inspired by those themes.

Season 6 and ESPECIALLY season 7 has some really deep callbacks, shit from the second episode is being called out in meaningful ways.

I knew a guy in high school who was obsessed with this show. I find it kinda funny that I've been out of high school for 9 years, and there's only been a few more seasons. I see that the first 6 seasons are on Hulu. I don't really have a show I'm watching at the moment, maybe I'll get caught up on this. 

On 9/18/2018 at 8:57 AM, Kal-El814 said:

I dunno how to feel about this episode yet. Part of it is because I subscribe to the show on iTunes and the episodes are uncensored. There was a lot more cartoon nudity than I was expecting. :p

Yea... that would def change my opinion of the ep... I really thought it was drawn censored. :| 

On 9/11/2018 at 7:46 AM, JVC920 said:

Caught up on the first 4 episodes and yeah amazing call backs to earlier episodes.  Also found it really ironic the whole Sharky's Machine name drops with the recent Burt Reynolds passing. 

Still love the show and hard to believe it start way back in 2013.  

You mean 2003, right? (Pilot was 2003, actual episodes 2004... and the pilot isn't really considered a real episode)

• 1 year later...

God, I remember every season worrying about whether or not it would be the last... my only hope was always that they would be able to go out on their own terms and not get cancelled. Sad trombone.

I touched on it in this thread, but I used to be a MEGA fan of this show. It was a big deal for me for a long time... but... my enthusiasm has pretty much gone to zero. It's very sad.

I have all of season 7 on my DVR and I've only watched the first episode... and I think I've watched it twice now hoping to start the season and I just never do.

I really do think it's mostly because of the insane gaps between seasons. It just get silly after a while.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Adult Swim: we love Venture Bros. and want to find a way for the story to continue!

Also Adult Swim: we just cancelled Venture Bros.

The creator said it was cancelled months ago and word got out now about it. Maybe the fan reaction has them thinking differently. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Adult Swim: we love Venture Bros. and want to find a way for the story to continue!

Also Adult Swim: we just cancelled Venture Bros.

It might not be there call. Might just be AT&T looking to cut costs and wondering why a show takes so long to make.

• 1 year later...
  • Spork3245 changed the title to Venture Bros. Season 7 thread! EDIT: Canceled during S8 writing :( EDIT: Go Team Venture! EDIT#3: THE MOVIE IS COMPLETE
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Spork3245 changed the title to Venture Bros. Season 7 thread! EDIT: Canceled during S8 writing :( EDIT: Go Team Venture! EDIT#3: THE MOVIE IS COMPLETE *NOW WITH MOVIE TRAILER*

Coming soon huh...

I'm so behind and lost at this point, I think my plan is to rewatch the entire run in preparation for the movie.

Is there any news out there about when exactly we might expect the movie to come out? It sounds like the movie is basically done, which means it's probably coming out soonish... like in the next few months?

10 minutes ago, ort said:

Coming soon huh...

I'm so behind and lost at this point, I think my plan is to rewatch the entire run in preparation for the movie.

That's for the best. I mean, S7 has call backs to seemingly throw away lines from S1 (which is one of many reasons why the show is so great) :p 

Is there any news out there about when exactly we might expect the movie to come out?

"2023" is all that's been officially stated, I'd imagine in the next two-ish months, though.

It sounds like the movie is basically done, which means it's probably coming out soonish... like in the next few months?

It is done. It was screened earlier this month. :santasun: