NFL Week 14 - The Rise of the NFC BEAST

Keyser_Soze

Lots of big matchups this week that have potential to impact the AFC playoff race.

Chiefs/Dolphins -- I hate to say it, but I WANT the Chiefs to win this week.

Colts/Raiders -- A win for each of these teams puts them in the drivers seat for clinching a Wildcard spot

Ravens/Browns -- Not sure who to cheer for here.

However, watching the Bills pound the Steelers should also be great fun.

8 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Lots of big matchups this week that have potential to impact the AFC playoff race.

Colts/Raiders -- A win for each of these teams puts them in the drivers seat for clinching a Wildcard spot

Agree!

On 12/10/2020 at 9:42 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

On 12/10/2020 at 5:56 PM, thewhyteboar said:

Agree!

...why am I not feeling the same way you guys are?

Not thrilled at the potentially 25 mph winds, either.  

Jeepers almighty we need a dome.

...we need Smoke back healthy, too, and he doesn’t comeback (potentially) until next week.  

I see Chiefs taking this in the second half. I'm going to pull an @AbsolutSurgen and say the refs on back to back plays have gifted the chiefs with a no call.

First no defensive pass interference that lead to the interception then they call roughing the passer on the defensive lineman but before that happened he was clearly getting held.

That was one of the most pitiful displays of football I have ever witnessed -- particularly by the Raider's defence.  After three terrible weeks in a row, I am now waving the white flag.  If Gruden isn't willing to fire Guenther - and completely revamp the defence -- he needs to be fired -- no matter how good I think he is at being an offensive coordinator.

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I see Chiefs taking this in the second half. I'm going to pull an @AbsolutSurgen and say the refs on back to back plays have gifted the chiefs with a no call.

First no defensive pass interference that lead to the interception then they call roughing the passer on the defensive lineman but before that happened he was clearly getting held.

If by "pulling an AbsolutSurgen", you mean calling out the refs when they obviously have fucked up, then I understand.  However, I didn't watch the Chiefs/Dolphins game -- so I have no context.

10 hours ago, BuckFly said:

...why am I not feeling the same way you guys are?

Not thrilled at the potentially 25 mph winds, either.  

Jeepers almighty we need a dome.

...we need Smoke back healthy, too, and he doesn’t comeback (potentially) until next week.  

Dunno. Yes, a dome would be awesome. Your stadium sucks. 

but that doesn’t change the fact that the Bills are a great team. 

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Bills vs Chiefs in the conference final will be epic. 

Abs, you need a Cleveland win tonight? 

Are the Phins catchable? 

I think you may have complained about Gunthier a few weeks ago...you were right, if so.  Your D is better than what happened.  

14 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Abs, you need a Cleveland win tonight? 

Are the Phins catchable? 

I think you may have complained about Gunthier a few weeks ago...you were right, if so.  Your D is better than what happened.  

I've been complaining about Guenther for a while....

I don't know what has happened to the Raiders defence -- whether the coaches lost the room, whether it is partially due to injuries, bad play calling. Or all 3.  The Raiders defence has given up more than 200 yards of rushing in 3 of their last 5 games, and more than 400 yards of offence in 3 of their last 6.  They've been terrible.

In terms of Playoffs -- and they win out -- they get in if:

1)  Baltimore loses to either Giants, Jags, Bengals

2) Browns lose 2 out to 3 Giants, Jets, Steelers

3) Colts Win the AFC North, and the Titans lose 2 games (or 1 and some other stuff happens) to Lions, Packers, Texans

4) Lots of less likely more exotic permutations -- including some if they lose a game to either Chargers/Broncos but beat the Dolphins

However, none of this will happen unless they play a lot better than they have over the last 5 weeks.  They need to get their run game going again, and get the defence to play a lot better (they can still be somewhat below average, they just can't be epically bad).  TBH, my POV was that that they needed to fire Paul Guenther to get the defence on the right track going forward -- primarily for next season and beyond -- it's probably too late for this season.  I haven't lost hope, but I'm not holding my breath either.