Facebook, Apple and Spotify ban Infowars' Alex Jones. UPDATE: Twitter PERMANENTLY suspends him

On 8/7/2018 at 7:34 AM, HGLatinBoy said:

What prompted this ban wave?

YouTube identified four specific videos that were against it's policy. Two with hate speech against Muslims, one contained hate speech against transgender people, and another promoted violence against liberals. On the Alex Jones Show he also went off on a threatening rant that contained this bit:

“That’s a demon I will take down, or I’ll die trying. So that’s it. It’s going to happen, we’re going to walk out in the square, politically, at high noon, and he’s going to find out whether he makes a move man, make the move first, and then it’s going to happen,” Jones said, miming a pistol with his hand. “It’s not a joke. It’s not a game. It’s the real world. Politically. You’re going to get it, or I’m going to die trying, bitch. Get ready. We’re going to bang heads. We’re going to bang heads.”

I haven't seen statements from any of these companies identify exactly where Jones crossed their particular terms of service (Buzzfeed collected a few direct statements). It seems that once Apple decided to ban him, everyone else decided to as well.

At least, everyone other than Twitter:

Also interesting, is that despite Apple being the one to set off this sequence, his app on the iOS App store remains up, and has shot up the charts.

10 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

YouTube identified four specific videos that were against it's policy. Two with hate speech against Muslims, one contained hate speech against transgender people, and another promoted violence against liberals. On the Alex Jones Show he also went off on a threatening rant that contained this bit:

I haven't seen statements from any of these companies identify exactly where Jones crossed their particular terms of service (Buzzfeed collected a few direct statements). It seems that once Apple decided to ban him, everyone else decided to as well.

At least, everyone other than Twitter:

Also interesting, is that despite Apple being the one to set off this sequence, his app on the iOS App store remains up, and has shot up the charts.

It’s almost like Jack is a huge piece of shit and the worst kind of tech bro in this regard.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/15/twitter-suspends-infowars-alex-jones-abuse

Twitter suspends Infowars' Alex Jones for abuse

The suspension has put Jones into what Twitter describes as “read-only mode” preventing him from tweeting, liking or retweeting, but not removing his tweets or personal account from the social network. The Infowars Twitter account remains unaffected.

A Twitter spokesperson said the action was taken for tweets containing a video that was in violation of the company’s rules on abusive behaviour and inciting violence. Twitter instructed Jones to delete the tweets, which he has done.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it ironic when I find the same people who fully supported the Colorado baker in refusing service to a trans couple on account of ‘moral objections’ are rabidly outraged about this...and are totally unaware of how hypocritical they’re being.

Ditto for the other way around, too.  Politics makes people stupid.