What Are You Reading or Listening To?

Main book is War of the Wolf which I’ve just started. I’ve been listening to a charity reading of Lord of the Rings but it’s been a few weeks since an update - so I’ve started reading that to my daughter (as I left The Hobbit at work accidentally). Also on the last 1/4 of the Graveyard Book which is great and also left at work.

I could also mention with my class at school we’re reading The Witches, which they’re absolutely loving. Sting of the Dump after that.

Just finished Pillars of the Earth. I waited too long to read that one. Pretty sure that's gonna be one of my all time favorite books. There's definitely some issues with the historical accuracy, but the book was just so good, I can overlook them. Really loved the characters, especially Jack and Aliena. And William Hamleigh is one of the most terrible villains I've ever come across. 

I'm definitely going to read the rest of this series soon. I think I'll take a short break, though, read some shorter novels  first. Don't want to burn myself out.

In the meantime, I'm going to get tack to Eleanor Roosevelt, since I've neglected her the last several days. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up reading Along the Broken Bay by Flora Solomon just to continue whittling down my WWII fiction. I got burnt out on the genre, so I space them out now. It was decent, but a bit too...colonial? For my taste. Set in the Philippines and really made Filipinos look simple and subservient. 

Anyhoo, I started Finders Keepers after that and I just finished it. It was great. Stephen King writing a book about books. Good stuff. I’m eager to read the conclusion to this trilogy, but I’m not optimistic for Det-ret Hodges fate. 

Gonna switch gears and read The Kindest Lie by Nancy Johnson next. Should be a quick one. I'm also trying to whittle down my BOTM backlog. 

I'm in a long-running reading lull. I have a metric ton of books to read but can't decide where to start. I've started about four or five but can't seem to stick with any one of them. So far, I've started:

I stopped after about 20 pages of each. :/ 

15 hours ago, Nokra said:

I'm in a long-running reading lull. I have a metric ton of books to read but can't decide where to start. I've started about four or five but can't seem to stick with any one of them. So far, I've started:

I stopped after about 20 pages of each. :/ 

might try reading something totally outside your normal tastes, see if that sparks anything

• Like 1

So finished War of the Wolf and enjoyed it, but then hit a mild rut - so I’m reading a behaviour management book for a bit of work research and finished My Sister, the Serial Killer, which was OK.

I grabbed Shackleton’s Boat Journey from my shelf and put it by my bed to read- but I’m more interested in starting War and Peace after reading g the first few pages and not finding it horrendous. Stupidly, I’d also feel proud of myself if I managed to finish it.

On 4/14/2021 at 7:50 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I didn’t wanna wait, I started End of Watch by Stephen King today. This series has been great. 

pretty sure we covered this before but The Outsider has a connection to this series, and the title story from the If it Bleeds collection he put out last year is also connected, though read The Outsider first as its connection is more to that novel. 

25 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

pretty sure we covered this before but The Outsider has a connection to this series, and the title story from the If it Bleeds collection he put out last year is also connected, though read The Outsider first as its connection is more to that novel. 

We did! Which is why I'm reading them all in order. :) Dunno when I'll get to The Outsider, but I loved the Mr Mercedes trilogy. I'm really digging SK as of late.

Started The Burning Girls by CJ Tudor. Early, but it has me quite interested.

Also picked back up my nonfiction, the first volume of Eleanor Roosevelt. I hadn't touched it in weeks because I've been reading some great novels, but I need to finish this. I'm into the politics stage of her life now, and that's more interesting, so it should go faster from here.