Don't forget to buy an indie game this Small Business Saturday

Chris-

Between the poor labor conditions at major game studios and the ingenuity of small/independent developers, I have grown quite fond of indie games as of late. They introduce innovative design/mechanics, unique art styles, and riff on established genres with an entrepreneurial spirit. By all accounts I would say buying an indie game constitutes supporting a small business (relative to the size of the industry), and these are some of the indie games I would encourage you to buy on Small Business Saturday:

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

I would be incredibly owned if people continued to post indie games I don't know about, so owned. 

ITS SERIOUSLY SO GOOD I HAVE NO IDEA HOW NOBODY IN THE MEDIA EVEN PICKED UP ON IT 

PAPER MARIO/2D Platformer metroidvania/Undertale

Just now, stepee said:

I haven’t played much of paradise killer yet though I do own it on switch. The story is so fucking weird right at the start that it was a lot to take in as high as I was when I went to play it.

Exactly the type of heads up I needed, because that's exactly how I would play it!

I'd also recommend Yes, Your Grace - It's on game pass but people don't seem to care. Buy it you fucks!

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1606380847
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

These are troubling times, Your Grace. The petitioners’ petty matters exceed our limited resources, to say nothing of the war. A careful balance must be struck. Your throne awaits.

20 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I finally bought Pyre because it was on sale, it's not Hades but I'm happy to give supergiant my money.  I might double dip on Slay the Spire, and I'd like to pick up risk of rain 2 but waiting for a better sale.

The pathless also looks good but zero chance I'm spending $40 on it.

I beat Pyre recently.  Great game, though not everyone will love it.  (I did)

Slay the Spire is amazing.  Super addictive.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's only on PC and Switch doe.

I don't have either of those available to play it on.

I will be waiting a few years to see what Nintendo releases next. I was thinking about a new PC but changed my mind and plan on upgrading to a 4k TV next instead. So maybe after that i can get a new PC in a couple years? I'll probably try to get the series X late 2021.