NEO: The World Ends with You - Official Thread - Out on Steam (25% off)

Brian

Huh. Thought I'd be more excited as I've been waiting for a TWEWY sequel for years and years now. But the weirdly limited selection of platforms (for 2021 no less) combined with the clearly microscopic budget and frankly shitty music and terrible voice acting just kind of took all the wind out of my sails. The only time the music stopped sucking for a second was when it switched over to a version of TWEWY 1 music. Cool, fun music was like the defining feature of the first game.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/10/2021 at 5:23 AM, Slug said:

That's a weak connection.

I'm kind of up for this.  I still need to go back and play the original.

That's not a weak connection at all, at least if by "weak" you mean "not likely to be about TWEWY.

1. It's the 104 building, which is a fictional version of Shibuya 109... 104 is only seen in TWEWY, so that's about as solid of a connection as you can get.

2. It's Nomura, and Nomura loves doing shit like this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Can't watch at the moment. Mind giving a basic summary until I can check it out? Very interested.

Demo drops on Friday. There were giant cat lasers and a large pig that blew up and turned into smaller pigs. I think those are the most important bits.

The game actually looks great. I don't know why, but this game sort of fell off my radar for a bit.

7 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Can't watch at the moment. Mind giving a basic summary until I can check it out? Very interested.

Kingdom heart looking combat, a group of your characters hit other characters, you see numbers fly off.

Some  dialogue choices.

You buy food from Stan Lee

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I had no idea this was like a higher budget full 3d game now lol. Actually looks pretty sweet, I’ll check out the demo.

I'm in the same boat. I really love the look. It's the best 3D adaptation of the 2D graphics I could have hoped for.

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Biggie said:

My one complaint is the loading before each battle. @Xbob42

Well I won't be getting it until the EGS version, which I assume will have shorter or instant load times... hopefully. They're saying "coming to EGS this Summer" which is a weird thing to say at the end of July.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Nextlander folks are not too high on the game it sounds like.

I can't fathom anyone on staff who would like this game or really even the first. Not exactly JRPG fans. Maybe Jan at Giant Bomb?