What do you want to do when we can start doing fun things again?

Fizzzzle

On 11/23/2020 at 12:50 AM, Fizzzzle said:

I've started listening to metal again during lockdown. Now all I want to do is go see a metal show. I haven't been to one in probably over a decade. I want to see a Sabaton show in Europe. Or I guess just concerts in general. I haven't been much of a concert person the last 5 years or so, just because I prefer to hang out in settings where I can casually sit and talk with my friends over drinks.

Speaking of which, casually sitting in a dimly lit bar with a jukebox and pool tables with my friends. A lot of my favorite bars have closed down permanently, though, and I bet you the ones that will take their places are going to be all "gastropub with elevated fare" bullshit. I fucking hate those places. I want carpeted floors, goddammit. And pinball. And seat cushions that are partially torn but the owner doesn't give a shit and they've been that way for a decade, but it's cool because you can get a shot and a beer for $6. :(

I also want to be able to smoke a cigarette while walking down the street without having to dodge people every 15 seconds so everyone remains safe (except me, I really need to quit. I am down to like 2 cigarettes a day, though).

Or, who knows... maybe we'll never be able to do anything fun again...

Took me long enough to clock it, I saw Sabaton support Dragon Force is 2010 and they were awesome. Definitely live that dream. In an ideal world, live that dream in Germany.

5 hours ago, Rachel said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I don't think she could hold her conscience if she cheated on me. We broke up for a little while in December/January and she fucked someone while I was in Mexico. We weren't even together at the time and she felt so guilty about it that she gave me a sobbing confession within 10 minutes the next time I saw her. Not that I particularly cared, she's a grown woman and can do whatever she wants. If she actually cheated on me, I'd give it like a month max before she confessed. Not that I think she'd do it in the first place.

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Took me long enough to clock it, I saw Sabaton support Dragon Force is 2010 and they were awesome. Definitely live that dream. In an ideal world, live that dream in Germany.

That's what I plan on. They do tours in the US every now and then, but they're not selling out arenas. They played in Portland in October at a venue that holds maaaaaybe two thousand people. Probably closer to one thousand. On the one hand, it would be cool to see them in a more intimate ve- oh who am I kidding, it's SABATON. I want their drummer on a tank, I want flamethrowers, I want thousands of people singing every chorus.

On 11/22/2020 at 11:19 PM, Fizzzzle said:

I mean, you can still wear a mask everywhere if you want. I feel like it's not considered weird anymore.

I saw that Dragonforce is doing a tour with Unleash the Archers next spring, though it's all in the east coast/midwest. I want to see it, and I don't even really like power metal. It just sounds fun. That's assuming the tour isn't delayed again.

I live in Georgia. I get called out for wearing a mask now. Wearing one post-pandemic is probably a bad idea.