Do you enjoy your job?

gamer.tv

On 11/25/2020 at 10:19 AM, legend said:

I honestly don't know how you even lasted 10 years with regular crap like that. My faith in humanity is already low and if I had to keep witness this kind of stuff it would be zero.

Not all patients are bad, but the bad ones are the ones you remember the most. But, yeah, overall most people are dumb and shitty.

If I could lose a little more weight in the next year I could get a job at Panasonic or Tesla which is in the same building. They're always hiring and it would be a big bump in pay. Difference is I would work 12 hr shifts instead of 8 hrs. You're on your feet for that long  besides breaks and I'm not sure I have that endurance.

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

If I could lose a little more weight in the next year I could get a job at Panasonic or Tesla which is in the same building. They're always hiring and it would be a big bump in pay. Difference is I would work 12 hr shifts instead of 8 hrs. You're on your feet for that long  besides breaks and I'm not sure I have that endurance.

Why does weight matter? Are you saying you physically or is there a specific target for the job? I ask because physique and weight can vary widely. 

On 11/28/2020 at 7:35 AM, SlipperySlope said:

Why does weight matter? Are you saying you physically or is there a specific target for the job? I ask because physique and weight can vary widely. 

My 8 hour shift already tires me out and I can sit on a stool for breaks at my current job. I'm also kinda unsure about the job because I have no experience in that type of work. The thing is the type of work i have done for the past 18 years i don't want to do anymore. Uneasy about quitting a job though that pays the bills for something I could fail at without any safety net.

32 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

My 8 hour shift already tires me out and I can sit on a stool for breaks at my current job. I'm also kinda unsure about the job because I have no experience in that type of work. The thing is the type of work i have done for the past 18 years i don't want to do anymore. Uneasy about quitting a job though that pays the bills for something I could fail at without any safety net.

Do they have those rubber pads that make standing easier where you work currently? Or maybe they might have them at the places you're looking at which would make standing more tolerable.

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Do they have those rubber pads that make standing easier where you work currently? Or maybe they might have them at the places you're looking at which would make standing more tolerable.

Yeah we have those at my current job. It could just be the cheap shoes I buy. I wear them out fast and it causes ankle and foot problems. I also probably have health issues but I haven't seen a doctor since high school. I'll  be turning 40 this coming February if I'm lucky.

I've found the rubber mats don't really help me at work if I'm standing still all the time. They help more for moving around a lot.

I was doing the same thing with cheap shoes for a few years. My knees, feet, and back were starting to get wrecked. I don't use steel toes, so I can't help you there, but switching to actual good shoes rather than my usual Vans or whatever was a game changer.

Although it could also be that I've only worked for like 3 months of the year, so my body has had a chance to heal.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've found the rubber mats don't really help me at work if I'm standing still all the time. They help more for moving around a lot.

I was doing the same thing with cheap shoes for a few years. My knees, feet, and back were starting to get wrecked. I don't use steel toes, so I can't help you there, but switching to actual good shoes rather than my usual Vans or whatever was a game changer.

Although it could also be that I've only worked for like 3 months of the year, so my body has had a chance to heal.

What shoes do you use now?

7 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I think Reebok makes work boots and shoes with steel toes.