The Last of Us (HBO, 15 January 2023) - Official Thread, update: Official Trailer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us (HBO Max) - Official Thread, update: new casting announcements
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I STILL maintain that it's a mistake to have this series focus on Joel & Ellie instead of other characters/aspects of the setting.

Most people subscribing to HBO haven’t played TLOU. The Joel/Ellie story is the only thing of value to bring from the game to the screen!

25 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The cast continues to get better, I still think adapting Ellie and Joel’s story is a weird choice.

I'm genuinely perplexed at what they would adapt from TLOU that isn't generic zombie stuff if they didn't adapt...the actual story of the game.

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I'm genuinely perplexed at what they would adapt from TLOU that isn't generic zombie stuff if they didn't adapt...the actual story of the game.

Well like I said on the first page... most of what makes TLoU special as a game series is taken for granted on prestige television. I don't see any reason why this is going to be any better than Y: The Last Man. It's a great comic and that show is fine but a lot of the novelty is lost in transition to a different medium.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Who's responsible for the creature design/make up FX on this project anyways?

Barrie Gower

WWW.BGFX.CO.UK

BGFX are a cutting edge Makeup Effects company providing photo-realistic characters for Film and Television, founded by Barrie Gower.

His team did The Green Knight FX Make up and Mask

This is from his site, it lists it as an "untitled project"

Untitled_Project

His instagram has more shots like this

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Barrie Gower

WWW.BGFX.CO.UK

BGFX are a cutting edge Makeup Effects company providing photo-realistic characters for Film and Television, founded by Barrie Gower.

His team did The Green Knight FX Make up and Mask

The practical effects work and set design in The Green Knight was phenomenal, so this makes me very hopeful on this front.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:15 PM, sblfilms said:

you have to realize that kal is on a crusade to complain about anything that has to do with naughty dog games :P 

• True 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us (HBO Max) - Official Thread, update: won't debut in 2022
On 10/13/2021 at 10:18 PM, johnny said:

you have to realize that kal is on a crusade to complain about anything that has to do with naughty dog games :P 

UNTRUE.

Mainly the pacing and the intersection of gameplay and theme. I dunno that I’ve missed a ND launch for a non-remake Naughty Dog game as of Uncharted 2, maybe?

I tend to talk, think, and be the most critical about the games I enjoy the most, and Naughty Dog games are a pretty strong intersection of that.

• 6 months later...