Halloween Kills Teaser

Brick

• 7 months later...

I still have to see the new Halloween (it's weird it has the same name as the original when it's technically a sequel to the original, ignoring the others, correct?). I like David Gordon Green a lot as a director, and while the film was well reviewed, people on this board seemed torn on it.

18 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I still have to see the new Halloween (it's weird it has the same name as the original when it's technically a sequel to the original, ignoring the others, correct?). I like David Gordon Green a lot as a director, and while the film was well reviewed, people on this board seemed torn on it.

It was alright, and yes, it's a sequel to the original that pretends the others don't exist.

Any bets on how Michael Myers escapes death at the end of this one? My bet is he gets beheaded, but then in the next movie someone finds his head and sews it back onto someone else's body for some reason and it pops back to life.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

It was alright, and yes, it's a sequel to the original that pretends the others don't exist.

Any bets on how Michael Myers escapes death at the end of this one? My bet is he gets beheaded, but then in the next movie someone finds his head and sews it back onto someone else's body for some reason and it pops back to life.

Well, the original crew is back, with Danny McBride and David Gordon Green writing the screenplay and David Gordon Green directing. So I imagine what one thought of the new Halloween will determine how they'll feel about Halloween Kills. 

19 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

is it confirmed there is going to be another. I'm thinking this may be the last one and Jamie lee is going to kill herself to kill him. And then in a year or two there will be a fresh reboot

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

is it confirmed there is going to be another. I'm thinking this may be the last one and Jamie lee is going to kill herself to kill him. And then in a year or two there will be a fresh reboot

It's Halloween, there's always another!

I don't really know how I would feel if every 3 movies was a new origin story or something. I think I don't really care. I do think it would be more funny if they keep coming up with more convoluted ways in which he miraculously survives the ending of the last movie.

9 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

It's Halloween, there's always another!

I don't really know how I would feel if every 3 movies was a new origin story or something. I think I don't really care. I do think it would be more funny if they keep coming up with more convoluted ways in which he miraculously survives the ending of the last movie.

I just saying I don't know how many more of these Jamie Lee has in her and you kind of need her character to play off of. 

2 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I just saying I don't know how many more of these Jamie Lee has in her and you kind of need her character to play off of. 

I mean, do they, though? We're talking about producers of a horror movie, they'll milk that cow until it turns into a horse which they'll then beat to death until it turns into a cow again. Jamie Lee or not. Maybe they'll reboot, maybe they won't. Maybe they'll do the se-boot thing they did with the last one.

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I mean, do they, though? We're talking about producers of a horror movie, they'll milk that cow until it turns into a horse which they'll then beat to death until it turns into a cow again. Jamie Lee or not. Maybe they'll reboot, maybe they won't. Maybe they'll do the se-boot thing they did with the last one.

True, we are talking about Hollywood so I'm sure anything can and will happen. But IMO Michael just going on a rampage just isn't the same. He needs his motivation, the driving force behind his killing and that has always been Jamie Lee. So sure, they can and likely will keep cranking them out, but I think he needs a target/focus for his actions.

38 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It wasn’t the whole board. It was one idiot continuing on a tradition of terrible takes. But he doesn’t post here much anymore so we’re good now. 

The first one of these was pretty solid. Nice twist on the conventional Halloween story. This new one looks fun. I feel like they’re emphasizing how many people he’s killing which could be fun from a pure creativity stand point and could be interesting as it looks like he’s less of a secret in the shadows and more an unstoppable force being hunted/hunting. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

True, we are talking about Hollywood so I'm sure anything can and will happen. But IMO Michael just going on a rampage just isn't the same. He needs his motivation, the driving force behind his killing and that has always been Jamie Lee. So sure, they can and likely will keep cranking them out, but I think he needs a target/focus for his actions.

Right and at this point she’s basically the Donald Plesance. The best thing about Halloween was having this legit great actor in it to anchor the whole thing.

7 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

It wasn’t the whole board. It was one idiot continuing on a tradition of terrible takes. But he doesn’t post here much anymore so we’re good now. 

The first one of these was pretty solid. Nice twist on the conventional Halloween story. This new one looks fun. I feel like they’re emphasizing how many people he’s killing which could be fun from a pure creativity stand point and could be interesting as it looks like he’s less of a secret in the shadows and more an unstoppable force being hunted/hunting. 

Yeah that was Emblazon I think. :p 

On 6/25/2021 at 1:04 AM, Mercury33 said:

Right and at this point she’s basically the Donald Plesance. The best thing about Halloween was having this legit great actor in it to anchor the whole thing.

Speaking of Donald Pleasance, How old was he in the orignal Halloween? I just watched an old Twilight Zone episode that he was in and he was old in THAT :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To hype myself up for the new movie, I thought it would be fun to watch through the entire franchise in order of release. The Rob Zombie remakes will be included. The only ones I had seen before was Halloween 1978, Halloween III, and Halloween 2018. I'll post my thoughts along the way.

Obviously it won't be necessary to watch them all because most of them aren't included in the new canon, but I really enjoy going through entire franchises I'm not fully familiar with. And this one should be interesting because the canon keeps changing and getting reset along the way.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Komusha said:

To hype myself up for the new movie, I thought it would be fun to watch through the entire franchise in order of release. The Rob Zombie remakes will be included. The only ones I had seen before was Halloween 1978, Halloween III, and Halloween 2018. I'll post my thoughts along the way.

Obviously it won't be necessary to watch them all because most of them aren't included in the new canon, but I really enjoy going through entire franchises I'm not fully familiar with and this one should be interesting because the canon keeps changing and getting reset along the way.

I look forward to seeing how you like the franchise. IMO you have watched the best of the series so curious how the rest stack up for you.