Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

35 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I've been listening to some talk radio lately along with some Newsmax to try to understand how a family member has gone off the deep end. Lol

I thought Fox News was bad. This is the future I guess.

I think the most disturbing part of that is the first minute where the guy is speaking directly to the viewer and assuring them they aren't crazy.

I remember in 2016 at the debates Trump screaming "Sidney Blumenthal" apropo of nothing and thinking it would hurt him, but I underestimated how much the rightwing has made a shorthand language for certain flashpoints that they repeat ad nauseam that make no sense to someone if they don't already speak that language.

So I recognize that disturbing trend in much of what the guy is doing *quick cut to Pelosi getting a haircut* *quick cut to Pelosi tearing up a speech*.

However, that shit at the beginning is new to me. I haven't heard that in punditry before. It genuinely sounded like a cult leader. It sounded like someone who knows what they are selling is so hard to believe that they have to reassure their mark of their own sanity despite believing it as a fundamental first step.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Steam is having a Latinx game sale.

I know @Ghost_MH is down!

(II was secretly hoping the term was brought up today so I could say this :cool: )

And just a few weeks ago Webtoons was having a Latinx artist spotlight. The term is definitely used, but now I'll have to check out what games are for sale. Never a bad idea to support minority artists and developers.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

Remember when Lara Logan was on 60 Minutes? You know, like, the longest running, most respected long-form news show on TV?

I only skimmed that video because it's 10pm on a Saturday night and I'm bored.

A significant amount of that video takes place in MS Paint. For real.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

I think the most disturbing part of that is the first minute where the guy is speaking directly to the viewer and assuring them they aren't crazy.

I remember in 2016 at the debates Trump screaming "Sidney Blumenthal" apropo of nothing and thinking it would hurt him, but I underestimated how much the rightwing has made a shorthand language for certain flashpoints that they repeat ad nauseam that make no sense to someone if they don't already speak that language.

So I recognize that disturbing trend in much of what the guy is doing *quick cut to Pelosi getting a haircut* *quick cut to Pelosi tearing up a speech*.

However, that shit at the beginning is new to me. I haven't heard that in punditry before. It genuinely sounded like a cult leader. It sounded like someone who knows what they are selling is so hard to believe that they have to reassure their mark of their own sanity despite believing it as a fundamental first step.

What is the rightwing media bullshit about Sidney Blumenthal? All I'm seeing is that he was pushing Obama birtherism in 2008 while working for the Clinton campaign.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

tl;dw? 

At least as far as House elections go Pelosi can do a couple things including delaying the vote past Jan 20 or using the Federal Contested Elections Act to get an all democrat house.

TL:DR  Biden wins and not even the Supreme Court can stop it. 

The video is worth watching though

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

At least as far as House elections go Pelosi can do a couple things including delaying the vote  past Jan 20 or using the Federal Contested Elections Act to get an all democrat house.

TL:DR  Biden won and not even the Supreme Court can stop it.

So...we're counting on Nancy actually pulling one of those arrows out of her quiver?

:s

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Good video on why even if the election is sent to the house Biden still wins.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

tl;dw? 

6 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

At least as far as House elections go Pelosi can do a couple things including delaying the vote past Jan 20 or using the Federal Contested Elections Act to get an all democrat house.

TL:DR  Biden wins and not even the Supreme Court can stop it. 

The video is worth watching though

6 hours ago, Jason said:

So...we're counting on Nancy actually pulling one of those arrows out of her quiver?

:s

It's worth pointing out that the presenter self-identifies as a conservative but NOT as a Republican.

9 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

The cadence of his speech, and how and when he emphasizes syllables is a dead giveaway to me.  I need to research any studies about voice patterns among people who are trying to sell you something.  There has to be a correlation that we can mathematically determine.  That dude speaks exactly like Tucker Carlson.  I have to know why the pattern is so obvious to me, but it must apparently work at convincing other people.  My hypothesis is is it must trigger a fear response.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Good thread

I wasn't aware of the minute details, but that definitely jibes with the fact that the South freaked out so much about a moderate Republican like Lincoln winning that they didn't even wait until he was in office, much less see what he would do on the issue, to secede.

42 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I wasn't aware of the minute details, but that definitely jibes with the fact that the South freaked out so much about a moderate Republican like Lincoln winning that they didn't even wait until he was in office, much less see what he would do on the issue, to secede.

This definitely mirrors today, where people like Graham are "friends" with Biden and Harris despite literally fanning violent flames against them:

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

How Rudy Guiliani is being treated is a perfect example of the misogyny in our culture. This guy goes out there and gets all the attention just because his face melted a little on TV and he was dodging flying dildos at a landscaping store.

But Sidney Powel is the one doing all the insanity leg work. Holy shit she is next level crazy.

Good chance her next legal gambit is that Donald Trump was in on the conspiracy against Donald Trump because no one could be that bad of a candidate if it wasn't on purpose. Therefore, Donald Trump should be president.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

Maybe we'll keep the secession to Parler this time.

• Haha 1