Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
1120latino.jpg
WWW.POLITICO.COM

“Most Latinos identify first as working-class Americans. And Trump spoke to that.”

Let's just say that "Latinx" appears to be a very, very bad idea.

So does this mark the end of Republicans trying to endlessly deport them? Since they see them as potential GOP voters now?

16 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
1120latino.jpg
WWW.POLITICO.COM

“Most Latinos identify first as working-class Americans. And Trump spoke to that.”

Let's just say that "Latinx" appears to be a very, very bad idea.

Why was that your takeaway from this article? All it said is that it's rarely used by most Latinos but we already knew that, no?

I think the BLM and defund the police stuff was much more interesting.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

Some good, puny podcast episode names I have seen in the past couple weeks.....

Coup Clutz Clan

This Coup Shall Pass

Klown Kar Koup

....just normal 2020 America doing normal 2020 America stuff......

i can’t believe the missed the classic Seinfeld reference in calling him The Coup Nazi. Have Biden saying “No Coup for You”

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

Why was that your takeaway from this article? All it said is that it's rarely used by most Latinos but we already knew that, no?

I think the BLM and defund the police stuff was much more interesting.

It's not my main takeaway at all, but it's the one that's most easily remedied relative to BLM/defund the police as those directly impact a Democratic core constituency.

1 minute ago, silentbob said:

i can’t believe the missed the classic Seinfeld reference in calling him The Coup Nazi. Have Biden saying “No Coup for You”

You know what, I was trying to remember them all and when I read your post I remembered Lovitz's episode last week was called No Coup for You.

After one of the batshit crazy press conferences the Pod Save guy's did "One Flew Over the Coup Coup's Nest".

Isn't it nice that America's disintegrating democracy can provide such ample pun fodder.......

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's not my main takeaway at all, but it's the one that's most easily remedied relative to BLM/defund the police as those directly impact a Democratic core constituency.

What do you mean by "remedied?" Why would people stop using the term? There is absolutely nothing to suggest (or at least nothing that I have seen) that usage of that term, which has nothing to do with the Democratic Party by the way, is driving people to vote Republican.

Remember it's a term that isn't even two decades old. I don't think it's up to a bunch of cis males like us to determine whether the term should be used or not.

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

What do you mean by "remedied?" Why would people stop using the term? There is absolutely nothing to suggest (or at least nothing that I have seen) that usage of that term, which has nothing to do with the Democratic Party by the way, is driving people to vote Republican.

Remember it's a term that isn't even two decades old. I don't think it's up to a bunch of cis males like us to determine whether the term should be used or not.

Oh, it shouldn't be up to me in the least to use the term because I'm not of Latin descent.

That's something for the Latin constituency of the Democratic Party to decide for themselves.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

:talkhand: 

I don't use it, I said! 

By the way, I asked my wife for her take on the term Latinx. She had never heard it before, so I explained to her what it was. Her reaction to it is not fit for polite conversation lol.