Jump to content

JOE BIDEN WAS THE PRESIDENT-ELECT, BUT HE STILL IS, TOO


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, run32.dll said:

If Fox News wants Biden to lose then why do they keep doing false PR making him sound better than he is?

 

You can't try to jump into the Fox News Media Universe mid-stream and have it make any sense.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, osxmatt said:


What?


Fox News wants Biden to lose but they keep lying to the public to make him sound much better than he is by telling us he's a socialist that supports universal healthcare, the Green New Deal, banning fracking, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, run32.dll said:


Fox News wants Biden to lose but they keep lying to the public to make him sound much better than he is by telling us he's a socialist that supports universal healthcare, the Green New Deal, banning fracking, etc.


This is incomprehensible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, osxmatt said:


This is incomprehensible.

 Fox News supposedly does not want me to vote for Biden. They constantly tell me he's actually awesome. This is counter-intuitive because they're going to convince people to vote for Biden thinking he's great when he isn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, run32.dll said:

 Fox News supposedly does not want me to vote for Biden. They constantly tell me he's actually awesome. This is counter-intuitive because they're going to convince people to vote for Biden thinking he's great when he isn't.

 

But remember, this is the Fox News audience we're talking about.  Anyone that doesn't agree with Trump or isn't further to the right of him is part of the "deep state".

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok i figured it out. run’s joke is that all of the attacks on biden are about how he is supporting good things, which could convince some people who hear that to vote for him, when in reality he doesn’t actually even support those good things.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Even if Trump wins electorally, he's going to be the lamest of ducks with a solidly Democratic House and a Democratic or barely Republican Senate. 

 

Even having Trump and a 50/50 senate would still be 4 more years of shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As of Thursday, my fiancé and I, my parents, my three younger brothers, and about 80% of my entire extended family on both sides have submitted our absentee ballots, all for Biden. Probably at least 40 people in all.

 

Most of us didn’t even vote in the 2016 election (I did).

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cast my ballot today. I voted for Howie Hawkins for president. Before you start raging at me about how that was a vote for Trump, please consider that this was an informed and calculated decision. I have the privilege of being able to cast this vote. If I was in a battleground state or a red state I would have voted for Biden. However, I am in a state where Biden has a very comfortable lead that even Clinton managed to win decidedly. Howie Hawkins is running a unified Green and Socialist party ticket and if he can get 5% of the vote it's the best chance we've had in decades to have a party that represents the interests of workers be eligible for FEC funding and become a viable alternative to the Democrats and Republicans that would be enough of a threat to shift the Democrats to the left. I decided that since I am in the position of being able to that my vote would be better served going towards that possibility than it would running up the score for Joe Biden. I voted Democrat for everything else because those races are all tighter than the presidential race. You may now smash that guillotine emoji.

  • Guillotine 8
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

As of Thursday, my fiancé and I, my parents, my three younger brothers, and about 80% of my entire extended family on both sides have submitted our absentee ballots, all for Biden. Probably at least 40 people in all.

 

Most of us didn’t even vote in the 2016 election (I did).

 

Y'all rock and I hope you all got laid by the hottest motherfucker that night.

 

2 hours ago, run32.dll said:

I cast my ballot today. I voted for Howie Hawkins for president. Before you start raging at me about how that was a vote for Trump, please consider that this was an informed and calculated decision. I have the privilege of being able to cast this vote. If I was in a battleground state or a red state I would have voted for Biden. However, I am in a state where Biden has a very comfortable lead that even Clinton managed to win decidedly. Howie Hawkins is running a unified Green and Socialist party ticket and if he can get 5% of the vote it's the best chance we've had in decades to have a party that represents the interests of workers be eligible for FEC funding and become a viable alternative to the Democrats and Republicans that would be enough of a threat to shift the Democrats to the left. I decided that since I am in the position of being able to that my vote would be better served going towards that possibility than it would running up the score for Joe Biden. I voted Democrat for everything else because those races are all tighter than the presidential race. You may now smash that guillotine emoji.

 

Only doing it because you asked. While I would have still voted Biden to inflate his numbers, that was a well thought out decision so I'm good. :P 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Joe said:

Inflated numbers are actually more key than they are given credit for. Biden would have a bigger mandate.

Etch "biden only won because of covid" into your eyelids cause that's what's coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I still remember "If it weren't for Sandy, Obama would have lost!"

Like, Obama won a clear and outright majority of votes twice and was treated as illegitimate the whole time, from the start. Yeah there's some "other" explanation for that (read: racism) but trump losing the popular vote, and eeking out a bare majority in the electoral college, didn't stop him from claiming a mandate and doing whatever he and Republicans wanted! The concept of a mandate being required for democrats and not the other way around is just another stupid norm that should be completely shelved--forever 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Etch "biden only won because of covid" into your eyelids cause that's what's coming.

It would certainly be a much tighter race if Trump was able to still run on those unemployment numbers and stock market performance.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the past four years puts some doubt into how tight the race would be. Trump's poll numbers after Floyd's death, for example, tanked for the summer, and Democrats won big year after years starting with the fall of 2017.

 

My assumption is it could have been tighter, but then again, nobody told Trump to handle COVID the way he did. His poll numbers increased a bit after this began -- "rally around the flag" kind of thing -- and he could have just done a better job and took it more seriously as opposed to having surrogates go out and talk about seniors dying for the good of the economy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"Thanks for being my doormat, you're on your own now, suckers!"

Lolololo

 

Was just about to post it in the other thread.

 

I'll still do that. :p 

  • Guillotine 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SaysWho? changed the title to JOE BIDEN IS THE PRESIDENT-ELECT
  • Jason changed the title to JOE BIDEN WAS THE PRESIDENT-ELECT, BUT HE STILL IS, TOO

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...