Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Will we look back after the election and see Trump's super spreader rallies as something that turns off people, or energizes his base?  Because so far, they seem to be turning off people even more so than if he did no rallies at all. 

The thing that shocks me is not that they tried the "Basement Biden" strat, but their inability to see it's clearly not working and retooling.

55 minutes ago, Joe said:

The thing that shocks me is not that they tried the "Basement Biden" strat, but their inability to see it's clearly not working and retooling.

They're still using the "Hidin' Biden" and "Sleepy Joe" strats.  I don't know why.  

It's still even more bizarre how they also keep using the "Biden has dementia" strat, especially when you consider how Trump has been speaking and acting.

15 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

They're still using the "Hidin' Biden" and "Sleepy Joe" strats.  I don't know why.  

It's still even more bizarre how they also keep using the "Biden has dementia" strat, especially when you consider how Trump has been speaking and acting.

This is the downside of the creating a media bubble. It keeps their base in lockstep, but it makes them unable to see outside the bubble.

Then again, their strategy is to steal elections not win them, so they may not even see it as a problem that it doesn't make sense outside the media bubble.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I think it's because much of the base actually believes it. Inside the conservative bubble, they are eating it up, so the people at the top (who are in the bubble too, unlike the neocons who used to simply use the bubble to their gain) believe it as well. I think that the people in charge literally have no idea why the strategy isn't catching on, since they  and the base like it so much. Unlike the GWB era where you had big business and neocon conservatives taking advantage of dumb conservatives, this time they dumb conservatives are actually in charge.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

I think it's because much of the base actually believes it. Inside the conservative bubble, they are eating it up, so the people at the top (who are in the bubble too, unlike the neocons who used to simply use the bubble to their gain) believe it as well. I think that the people in charge literally have no idea why the strategy isn't catching on, since they  and the base like it so much. Unlike the GWB era where you had big business and neocon conservatives taking advantage of dumb conservatives, this time they dumb conservatives are actually in charge.

It's an inmates taking over the asylum situation. Trump is the epitome of it but you see it with the Gym Jordan, Nunes, et al types too. These are the people Rush, Fox, etc though they were controlling 15-25 years ago.

201013123615-unofficial-ballot-box-fresn
WWW.CNN.COM

The California Republican Party said Wednesday it will not comply with the state's cease-and-desist order over unofficial ballot drop boxes placed in at least four counties ahead of the November election.

Well...we've reached the point of outright election tampering by one of the two parties. I'd wager money that no one will even be charged.

(CNN)The California Republican Party said Wednesday it will not comply with the state's cease-and-desist order over unofficial ballot drop boxes placed in at least four counties ahead of the November election.

The unauthorized ballot boxes, which state officials have called illegal, have been found in at least four counties across the state: Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange and Fresno.

"Ballot harvesting program will continue," California Republican Party spokesperson Hector Barajas said in a statement to CNN.

They ARE illegal. Don't say someone said they are illegal!!

I have a new(er) colleague of mine who is Native American, and we were casually chatting earlier this week and I asked if he was going to be voting next month.

He told me because of his “religious beliefs” he can’t vote. I don’t know him very well, so I didn’t want to push it.

Am I extremely uneducated not knowing that about Native Americans? Or was he shooting the breeze?

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
201013123615-unofficial-ballot-box-fresn
WWW.CNN.COM

The California Republican Party said Wednesday it will not comply with the state's cease-and-desist order over unofficial ballot drop boxes placed in at least four counties ahead of the November election.

Well...we've reached the point of outright election tampering by one of the two parties. I'd wager money that no one will even be charged.

They ARE illegal. Don't say someone said they are illegal!!

"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect."

Republicans don't have to follow the law; the law is for suckers and minorities.

I voted early yesterday, waited in line for 20 minutes at 10am on a Wednesday in a heavily Republican county that’s not terribly populated.  In 2016 I didn’t wait at all to early vote.  There were also Biden people working the line, I’ve never seen a Democrat outside a polling place once in Warren County, OH.

Great to hear. Remember folks that it's not over till it's over:

I checked in on someone who doesn't normally vote (didn't in 2012 or 2016), and he's voting Biden 100% no matter what Trump tries to pull. I'm catching up with a close friend today and while she's normally a Republican voter, she's one of those actual moderates. Gonna chat with her a little and make my plea.

Speak to a few people you trust and give them your pitch. You're not guaranteed they follow, but if everyone talks to three people, that's potential millions of additional Biden votes.

• Like 1