Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Same.

I can't take 4 more years of this...

Obama's presidency was boring. It's why Fox had to make up stupid scandals left and right. I'd take boring right now.

The problem with Trump and the news cycle is that a LOT of what Trump does would be a legitimate scandal talked about all year round...and he has at least once of those every week. It's exhausting. I can't imagine how much overtime Fox pundits must put in to spin it all.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Not really, Trump getting 42% of the national vote is an absolute electoral massacre, assuming of course that Biden picks up that 4% that he lost from the 2016 election its a 10 point win, GOP starts losing states like TX at a 10 point national vote win.

I can already tell, if Biden manages to win Texas Abott and the state judges will contest it. Probably “allow” the electors to vote Donald in spite of the popular vote. 

The 5% comment didn't help matters. Also, Obama had a really poor showing in the first debate then came back stronger for the second debate. I think some of the positions he took during the primaries came back to bite him in the ass.

It was nice when people at least pretended that things mattered

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

How did Romney blow his lead?  I honestly forget.

2 hours ago, mrbiggsly said:

The 5% comment didn't help matters. Also, Obama had a really poor showing in the first debate then came back stronger for the second debate. I think some of the positions he took during the primaries came back to bite him in the ass.

It was nice when people at least pretended that things mattered

Yea, Obama looked bad in the first debate, to a point that it was kinda odd, tbh. That poor showing spiked Romney’s numbers and in the second and third debate Obama more-or-less crushed Romney. I remember undecided people that I knew leaning towards Romney after that first debate, but after the 2nd one they were 100% Obama.

8 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

@Remarkableriots I think it's important to categorize Biden's behavior.  Is it creepy?  Yes.  Would this behavior influence his presidency in any way?  I'd lean towards "no".   I'd also argue that you should take a look at each candidate's policies and positions and weigh which candidate you align with the most, and what direction you want to see the country head in the next few years.

For me, I'll likely vote for Biden.  Not necessarily because I agree with his positions, but he will at least put the country back into a normal trajectory from my point of view.  And just because I'll vote for him, doesn't mean I will support him or his party long term.  If he wins, come January 20th, I'll likely become one of this board's only crotchety old contrarians to almost everything Joe does and proposes.  

If Biden is elected, the Trump years will definitely be seen as a time of strange political bedfellows.

Here he comes.

200922125352-barack-obama-0819-super-tea
WWW.CNN.COM

Former President Barack Obama is expected to hit the campaign trail next week, Democratic officials tell CNN, as he looks to step up his work in support of his one-time partner -- former Vice President Joe Biden -- in the final stretch of the election.

Interestingly, Trump has more people out campaigning for him than Biden. That's the reverse of 2016 when Hillary had Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Al Gore, Tim Kaine, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, and Elizabeth Warren crisscrossing the country in the final week of the election.