Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Not guaranteed, but we could see Biden's lead abate or shrink soon as we get further away from the first debate, which Americans thought Biden won and mostly had a higher opinion of him afterward. 

Yep, which is why I really want them to debate again. Biden might still need to skip this week's debate because of optics, but definitely needs to do the 3rd one.

@Remarkableriots I think it's important to categorize Biden's behavior.  Is it creepy?  Yes.  Would this behavior influence his presidency in any way?  I'd lean towards "no".   I'd also argue that you should take a look at each candidate's policies and positions and weigh which candidate you align with the most, and what direction you want to see the country head in the next few years.

For me, I'll likely vote for Biden.  Not necessarily because I agree with his positions, but he will at least put the country back into a normal trajectory from my point of view.  And just because I'll vote for him, doesn't mean I will support him or his party long term.  If he wins, come January 20th, I'll likely become one of this board's only crotchety old contrarians to almost everything Joe does and proposes.  

Profiles in mealy-mouthed twaty spinelessness.

The President of the United States threatens to jail his political opponents. But some useless old lady tore up some paper on television. POTUS's acolytes plot terrorist kidnappings of opposition party members. But a baseball commentator literally nobody gives a shit about anymore called the president a word.

• Guillotine 2

23 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Profiles in mealy-mouthed twaty spinelessness.

The President of the United States threatens to jail his political opponents. But some useless old lady tore up some paper on television. POTUS's acolytes plot terrorist kidnappings of opposition party members. But a baseball commentator literally nobody gives a shit about anymore called the president a word.

r/selfawarewolves

5 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

"The world is watching America with abject horror"

Oh, Mittens, they most certainly are not.

To some extent they are, because people with half a brain realize that lowering the virus in their own country doesn’t mean shit if we keep it active and alive in ours.  Eventually some moron will get through and you’re back to where it all started again.  

4 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

To some extent they are, because people with half a brain realize that lowering the virus in their own country doesn’t mean shit if we keep it active and alive in ours.  Eventually some moron will get through and you’re back to where it all started again.  

Oh, I'm not referring to the virus at all.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

Jesus Chris, if Trump gets a second term by the end of it he'll look like the professor in the episode where Bender bent him....

xafxN4aXFB5fwaPnjg8ndI42JV-SnZ00ZF1M8Ezf

Just make sure we bend him the proper way. The professor became upbeat with his new perspective on life and the universe 

well we can hope for the same with him . . . or not

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

I would imagine it won't get much attention because it's not in play and he still beats Biden handily, but yeah what's the reality on the ground look like for that?

You go from +42 to +14. 

We talk about how Trump has that immovable 42% floor, but something has to be moving when you see numbers like that, I would think.

6 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I would imagine it won't get much attention because it's not in play and he still beats Biden handily, but yeah what's the reality on the ground look like for that?

You go from +42 to +14. 

We talk about how Trump has that immovable 42% floor, but something has to be moving when you see numbers like that, I would think.

Not really, Trump getting 42% of the national vote is an absolute electoral massacre, assuming of course that Biden picks up that 4% that he lost from the 2016 election its a 10 point win, GOP starts losing states like TX at a 10 point national vote win.