Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Is that a secret though? I feel like that's Campaigning 101. Which is why Clinton's failure to do so is still making us scratch our heads four years later.

tbh, I wasn't unaware campaigning in small areas has effects in suburbs as well.

I wish the thread were still around before the dreaded Board Wipe of 2018, but Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doom Campaign is an amazing read on her campaign strategy. Bill was a retail campaigner and really wanted to go to these small, mostly white areas, but their campaign strategist, Mook, was a big numbers guy who didn't think it numerically made sense to do that.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

tbh, I wasn't unaware campaigning in small areas has effects in suburbs as well.

I wish the thread were still around before the dreaded Board Wipe of 2018, but Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doom Campaign is an amazing read on her campaign strategy. Bill was a retail campaigner and really wanted to go to these small, mostly white areas, but their campaign strategist, Mook, was a big numbers guy who didn't think it numerically made sense to do that.

Watch Veep

The important thing about this poll (54-41) isn't that Biden has increased his lead, it's that he's done it by increasing his vote, not just decreasing Trump's. If Biden was always in the 46 or 47% range and Trump just kept dipping or rising, then I'd say the situation was a bit more scary because it was just soft-Trump supporters coming and going. But from what we are seeing, people are actually supporting Biden, not just being scared of saying they are supporting Trump (but who would come back to him).

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

The important thing about this poll (54-41) isn't that Biden has increased his lead, it's that he's done it by increasing his vote, not just decreasing Trump's. If Biden was always in the 46 or 47% range and Trump just kept dipping or rising, then I'd say the situation was a bit more scary because it was just soft-Trump supporters coming and going.

Sane people

@Joe

@sblfilms

@CitizenVectron

@SaysWho?

@MarSolo

I am firm believer that Biden will win the national vote by a large margin (I'm think 6-8%), and will also win EVs (probably 350+). However, I leave open the possibility that these numbers can easily be changed by the GOP directly and indirectly interfering with the voting process, as well as casting doubt on the results. The stronger Biden's win on election night, the harder it will be for the GOP to cast doubt.

19 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I am firm believer that Biden will win the national vote by a large margin (I'm think 6-8%), and will also win EVs (probably 350+). However, I leave open the possibility that these numbers can easily be changed by the GOP directly and indirectly interfering with the voting process, as well as casting doubt on the results. The stronger Biden's win on election night, the harder it will be for the GOP to cast doubt.

My take is people are aware of what the GOP is doing and thats going to drive people to vote even more, to the point where it could actually hurt them.  Like what Abbot is doing in Texas is likely going to upset far more than just Democrats.