Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

If any other President handed a reporter a big bound book with nothing of substance in it and saying that was the health care plan he had been promising for years and years it would immediately be the single biggest story of the entire year and probably sink any chance they ever had for anything for the rest of all time. It would be the most outrageous moment in pretty much any presidents career I can think of... but for Donald Trump it barely even made the news this week.

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Texas has very large Vietnamese communities around the state.  

While true, they are still outnumbered by all the other Asian American groups combined. There is a no reason to think there is going to be a surge in Asian American voters that are primarily Vietnamese.

I just saw my brother make a post where he took my grandma to vote. #Trump2020. :/ I didn't even think my grandma voted anymore. And I think my brother disappoints me most. I'd hoped better for him, but I guess when you never get away from this small town, full of morons, with no diversity, there's not much hope. I don't know how closely he really follows politics, I haven't lived there since he graduated high school 10 years ago, but I'm betting it's mostly just him parroting the bullshit he's fed.

• Sad 2

The Times/Siena poll also shows that incumbent Republican Sen. John Cornyn has expanded his lead over Democrat M.J. Hegar to 10 percentage points, 48-38 percent, up from 6 points last month.

The RealClearPolitics average of Texas Senate surveys now puts Cornyn out in front of Hegar by 8.3 percentage points.

201026-donald-trump-gty-773.jpg
WWW.POLITICO.COM

The latest survey of the southern battleground shows GOP Sen. John Cornyn with a larger lead in his reelection race.

Unfortunately, I don't see MJ pulling it off in Texas. She did better than I thought $ wise, but it's not translating into poll results. 

I'm more interested in the Texas House going blue and flipping a Texas Senate seat. I voted blue on these as well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I just saw my brother make a post where he took my grandma to vote. #Trump2020. :/ I didn't even think my grandma voted anymore. And I think my brother disappoints me most. I'd hoped better for him, but I guess when you never get away from this small town, full of morons, with no diversity, there's not much hope. I don't know how closely he really follows politics, I haven't lived there since he graduated high school 10 years ago, but I'm betting it's mostly just him parroting the bullshit he's fed.

My brother is a trump supporter as well. I feel the disappointment. My brother is 10 years older than me and I always thought he was so smart. Until about 2015. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I am fortunate that basically every family member I actually talk to is very opposed to Trump. I'd be losing my mind with them otherwise. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

My brother is a trump supporter as well. I feel the disappointment. My brother is 10 years older than me and I always thought he was so smart. Until about 2015. 

Mine is 5 years younger. He's always been nice, laid back sort of guy and I didn't even know he had any political opinions until recently. I just never knew him to follow current events or anything. Guess living two hours away, I didn't realize it. I just hate it.

1 hour ago, legend said:

I am fortunate that basically every family member I actually talk to is very opposed to Trump. I'd be losing my mind with them otherwise. 

I basically avoid discussing any politics with my family. When I was younger, I was more argumentative, but now it just enrages me. I'll dish it out if they want to start it up, but I try not to go there on my own. It's hard to reconcile love for your family with the awful shit they believe.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Suppressing votes is obviously bad, but to even have to prepare for violence after an election is not good.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Is there gonna be anyone left in texas to vote on actual election day at this point? Lol

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Yeah, that's why these suppression tactics don't have me TOO worried.

I think it is more likely Abbott will direct all Texas Electoral Votes to vote Donald, even if Texas popular vote actually favors Biden. The guard is for his security to stamp down on protests, violent or not. 

45 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I think it is more likely Abbott will direct all Texas Electoral Votes to vote Donald, even if Texas popular vote actually favors Biden. The guard is for his security to stamp down on protests, violent or not. 

Oh, get out of town.

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I don’t see it. If Texas goes blue, it is probable that Pennsylvania and Florida would also be blue. Texas has like a 1% chance of being the tipping point state. Abbott wouldn’t direct electors to vote Trump if it would just hurt his own 2022 chances and Biden would still become president. The Texas House going blue would bother him more and there isn’t much he can do about that beyond typical voter suppression.   

4 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I don’t see it. If Texas goes blue, it is probable that Pennsylvania and Florida would also be blue. Texas has like a 1% chance of being the tipping point state. Abbott wouldn’t direct electors to vote Trump if it would just hurt his own 2022 chances and Biden would still become president. The Texas House going blue would bother him more and there isn’t much he can do about that beyond typical voter suppression.   

PA doesn't compare to the other two. Biden has a MUCH greater chance there than FL or TX.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

PA doesn't compare to the other two. Biden has a MUCH greater chance there than FL or TX.

That doesn't change the point I'm making. The scenario where Texas going blue is the state which causes Biden to become president is extremely unlikely. Why would Abbott direct electors to go against the popular vote in Texas if it didn't do any good?

The civil rights groups and Democrats say they were seeking only similar accommodations to those the Supreme Court approved in April during the state’s primary. Faced with a crush of requests for mail-in ballots the week before the primary, the court agreed that ballots postmarked by the primary date but received days afterward should be counted.

:guillotine:

• Guillotine 1