Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

I voted yesterday. Straight dem vote on my ballot. I know my presidential vote is likely not to matter in NJ as it’s going for Biden regardless, but the vote for Andy Kim over Richter feels important; the attack ads against Kim literally try to blame him for Isis. Also voted to legalize that sweet, sweet maryjane in NJ.

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I feel as if PA may be the only one that doesn't do it like that. They're already counting them here in Florida as well.

My province is having an election right now, and the rules are both smart and stupid for mail-in votes (expected to be around 20-30% of the vote):

• You can mail your ballot as late as 8pm on election day (good!)
  • They aren't going to start counting mail-in ballots until 2 days after the election, and won't release numbers until 10 days after (stupid!)

There's no reason you can't start counting the votes as they come in, but still allow a time period after for ballots to arrive and be counted.

Is there a thread where we are discussing this Hunter Biden stuff?

Hunter-Biden-Getty.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

The FBI is in possession of the laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden which contained emails revealing his foreign business dealings, including with contacts in Ukraine and China, two senior administraiton officials told Fox News Tuesday. 

Why would the FBI have possession of his stolen laptop? Do they have a warrant for it? I don't get this?

• Guillotine 1

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't get it. So that means the TX Governor can just say "I think the election was tampered with, I give all electors to Trump"? Or that the Governor gets to directly decide on any disputes that come up, rather than a court?

If there's a legal dispute as to the outcome of the state appointment of presidential electors in texas, the governor has the jurisdiction to resolve the dispute, not an election tribunal or the courts.

1 minute ago, ort said:

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

The FBI is in possession of the laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden which contained emails revealing his foreign business dealings, including with contacts in Ukraine and China, two senior administraiton officials told Fox News Tuesday. 

Why would the FBI have possession of his stolen laptop? Do they have a warrant for it? I don't get this?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Early voting numbers have passed 40M. To compare, the total early votes for the last few elections:

2018 - 39M

2016 - 47M

I think the early vote will pass 70M for sure, possibly 80M.

Hard to tell how much of that is enthusiasm, and how much is Covid.

A thought does occur to me, though. If the '20 totals do outpace '16 by a lot(as I think most expect them to now) it will be interesting to see if that redounds mostly to Biden in a backlash to Trump, or if the margins will stay close as Trump adds comparable numbers to Biden.

If it is the latter, I would love to see some in-depth autopsies about who exactly is a non-Trump '16 voter who turned into a '20 Trump voter.

Maybe the only thing crazier to me than voting for Trump in the first place is someone who didn't vote for him in '16, but after nearly a quarter of a million dead by election day they decide now is the time to hop on board the Trump train....

7 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Hard to tell how much of that is enthusiasm, and how much is Covid.

A thought does occur to me, though. If the '20 totals do outpace '16 by a lot(as I think most expect them to now) it will be interesting to see if that redounds mostly to Biden in a backlash to Trump, or if the margins will stay close as Trump adds comparable numbers to Biden.

If it is the latter, I would love to see some in-depth autopsies about who exactly is a non-Trump '16 voter who turned into a '20 Trump voter.

Maybe the only thing crazier to me than voting for Trump in the first place is someone who didn't vote for him in '16, but after nearly a quarter of a million dead by election day they decide now is the time to hop on board the Trump train....

People that jumped on the Q train. It's totally possible to fall down the conspiracy rabbithole on Facebook and YouTube. Also, Q wasn't a thing until after Trump became president. Now that Trump's team is hinting at CP on Hunter's laptop, it'll drive them when further into Trump's camp.

12 minutes ago, ort said:

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

The story Rudy and Co are going with is that Hunter dropped off 3 laptops to a repair place and signed a contract that said the laptops were forfeited if they weren't picked up in 90 days. Meaning, if the story is to be believed and it's a HUGE IF, they aren't his property. The legally blind computer repair man, turned them over to Giuliani and to the FBI. 

It's all pretty shady, especially the "smoking gun" email being a PDF and no verification if the files on there are legitimate. I still think they are waiting to unleash the worst of what is on there. It's most likely fake and I think this board has convinced me it won't matter. That won't stop Trump from referencing it multiple times at the debate tomorrow in a attempt to persuade undecided voters. 

Biden took trips on Amtrak ILLEGALLY to campaign, causing delays for SICK PEOPLE to get medical treatment.

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden earlier this month took an Amtrak train ride to campaign in key Rust Belt states — and Republicans are vowing to get to the bottom of it.

Republican members of the U.S. House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure on Wednesday sent a letter to Amtrak CEO William Flynn asking him for information on Biden’s train trips, which they implied without evidence caused delays in the delivery of needed medical equipment during the novel coronavirus pandemic.

“We are concerned that the Biden campaign’s use of Amtrak’s charter train redirected Amtrak’s scarce resources during a time of record losses, employee layoffs, and service cuts during the COVID-19 pandemic,” the Republicans wrote. “We question whether the Biden campaign’s use of Amtrak caused delays of freight trains at a time when supplies are crucial.”

The Republicans then requested that Flynn provide the total cost to Amtrak of hosting the Biden campaign, and also “whether the Biden campaign’s charter train delayed any Amtrak trains or disrupted any Amtrak services.”

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

The story Rudy and Co are going with is that Hunter dropped off 3 laptops to a repair place and signed a contract that said the laptops were forfeited if they weren't picked up in 90 days. Meaning, if the story is to be believed and it's a HUGE IF, they aren't his property. The legally blind computer repair man, turned them over to Giuliani and to the FBI. 

It's all pretty shady, especially the "smoking gun" email being a PDF and no verification if the files on there are legitimate. I still think they are waiting to unleash the worst of what is on there. It's most likely fake and I think this board has convinced me it won't matter. That won't stop Trump from referencing it multiple times at the debate tomorrow in a attempt to persuade undecided voters. 

If they were fake, I think the Biden campaign would have said so. I think they do have his laptops and I think the emails are real. The entire story of how they got them makes ZERO sense, so I'm sure something very shady happened there. It's also interesting that they haven't pushed back on that part of the story.

None of that makes the FBI having them make any sense. Why would they have them? What federal crime has been committed?

They have an entire laptop of info and the most damning emails they can provide are the two they did?

What's funny is that if this EXACT scandal happened to Trump, it would be a news story for like a single afternoon. It would be like the 400th most shocking development of his presidency.

Just now, ort said:

If they were fake, I think the Biden campaign would have said so. 

Or, and hear me out here, maybe they’re just ignoring it because the entire story is really stupid and it’s better to not give it any attention given how little reaction it’s generating from people who aren’t already voting for Trump, and any acknowledgment of it, even to disavow it, potentially adds credibility to the claim.

Maybe.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Who takes a laptop to a repair shop?

Three laptops... owned by a man who lives in LA, taken to a shop in Delaware... who was charging him $85 to do data recover on three laptops?

And then, when they weren't picked up in 90 days, this (blind) man decided to just start combing through them for info? What the fuck?

When this story was shopped to Fox News, they decided it didn't meet their standards of journalistic integrity, so they passed on the story.

However, the New York Posts story on it? That's something Fox News can turn into multiple huge news stories for weeks.

Just release the whole fucking thing you cowards. Let us all have what you have. This whole story is so fucked up.

Well...looks like Giuliani is the one that Borat got dirty:

borat-2-review.jpg
WWW.VANITYFAIR.COM

Sacha Baron Cohen reprises his most famous role, heckling Mike Pence and pranking Rudy Giuliani alongside excellent new sidekick Maria Bakalova.

mW4AhVe.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Early voting numbers have passed 40M. To compare, the total early votes for the last few elections:

2018 - 39M

2016 - 47M

I think the early vote will pass 70M for sure, possibly 80M.

I think we all expect total voter turnout to hit an all-time record (150m-160m) but any data yet or whether early voters this year are just a larger percentage of previous years total electorate, or new voters?

gettyimages-1229169296.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0
WWW.ESQUIRE.COM

Too much of the Republican Party is too nuts. Don't talk to me about a "team of rivals."

I'm in wholehearted agreement.  There is absolutely no reason to consider this other than a completely misguided, discredited sense of bipartisanship that Republicans (rightfully!) don't even pretend exists.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:
gettyimages-1229169296.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0
WWW.ESQUIRE.COM

Too much of the Republican Party is too nuts. Don't talk to me about a "team of rivals."

I'm in wholehearted agreement.  There is absolutely no reason to consider this other than a completely misguided, discredited sense of bipartisanship that Republicans (rightfully!) don't even pretend exists.

I know things have gotten a bit fucked, but I feel like putting some of the other side in the cabinet has always been a thing.

46 minutes ago, ort said:

When this story was shopped to Fox News, they decided it didn't meet their standards of journalistic integrity, so they passed on the story.

However, the New York Posts story on it? That's something Fox News can turn into multiple huge news stories for weeks.

Just release the whole fucking thing you cowards. Let us all have what you have. This whole story is so fucked up.

I think it's worse than that. The Post ran the story, but only after the guy that wrote most of it refused to put his name on it. Instead the by-line went to someone who used to be a producer on Hannity, who had no previous by-lines. Honestly, this story is so fucked that I had forgotten about that piece of it until I read this post. 

However, the fact remains that the Biden campaign has not claimed the emails are fake and the acting DNI has said they are not a result of a hack or misinformation. 

At its worst, I think maybe Hunter Biden was selling access that was never delivered on.

ELECTORATE-SHIFTS-16x9-1.png?w=575
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

There’s a well-known truth in politics: No one group swings an election. But that doesn’t mean that the demographic trends bubbling beneath the surface can’t ha…

Trump has also gained real ground among nonwhite voters. To be clear, he still trails Biden considerably with these groups, but in UCLA Nationscape’s polling over the past month, he was down by 39 points with these voters, a double-digit improvement from his 53-point deficit in 2016.

While older Black voters look as if they’ll vote for Biden by margins similar to Clinton’s in 2016, Trump’s support among young Black voters (18 to 44) has jumped from around 10 percent in 2016 to 21 percent in UCLA Nationscape’s polling. Black voters remain an overwhelmingly Democratic-leaning constituency, but a notable reduction in their support could still be a problem for Biden.

Notably, young Black voters don’t seem to feel as negatively about Trump as older Black Americans do. For instance, an early-July African American Research Collaborative poll of battleground states found that 35 percent of 18-to-29-year-old Black adults agreed that although they didn’t always like Trump’s policies, they liked his strong demeanor and defiance of the establishment. Conversely, just 10 percent of those 60 and older said the same.

It’s a similar story with younger Hispanic Americans, a group where Trump has also made gains. According to UCLA Nationscape’s polling, Trump is attracting 35 percent of Hispanic voters under age 45, up from the 22 percent who backed him four years ago in the CCES data.

Most notably, even though Trump stands to gain with nonwhite voters across the board, his support seems to have risen the most among Hispanic voters with a four-year college degree. We don’t want to overstate the influence of this group — they make up about 2 percent of the population age 25 and older nationwide — but they are disproportionately concentrated in one especially vital swing state: Florida. In fact, 24 percent of Hispanic Floridians have a college degree, compared to 16 percent of Hispanic adults nationally.  So even if Trump isn’t doing as well among older white voters, his gains among Hispanic voters, including highly educated ones, could offer a path to victory in the Sunshine State.

One last point on where Trump has made gains among Black and Hispanic voters: He has done particularly well with Black and Hispanic men, which might speak to how his campaign has actively courted them. For instance, the Republican National Convention featured a number of Black men as speakers this year. And Politico talked with more than 20 Democratic strategists, lawmakers, pollsters and activists who explained that many Black and Latino men are open to supporting Trump as they think the Democratic Party has taken them for granted.

The same can’t be said of Black and Hispanic women, though, and the gender gap among nonwhite voters is shaping up to be even bigger than it was in 2016. Ninety percent of Black women supported Biden in UCLA Nationscape polling — unsurprising, as this group is arguably the most staunchly Democratic demographic in the electorate — whereas less than 80 percent of Black men did the same. And among Hispanic voters, 64 percent of women backed Biden compared to 57 percent of men.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Or, and hear me out here, maybe they’re just ignoring it because the entire story is really stupid and it’s better to not give it any attention given how little reaction it’s generating from people who aren’t already voting for Trump, and any acknowledgment of it, even to disavow it, potentially adds credibility to the claim.

Maybe.

Also, if this is a matter of national security (i.e. Rudy is a Russian mark- which he very well may be!), the Biden campaign may have been advised to stay silent.