Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Not from Biden's own tweet.

He means total.

?m=02&d=20210114&t=2&i=1547774889&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

President-elect Joe Biden will unveil a stimulus package proposal on Thursday designed to jump-start the economy during the coronavirus pandemic with an economic lifeline that could exceed $1.5 trillion and help minority communities.

t_343ba8399ab5412195c00b0e81029cd9_name_
WWW.WPXI.COM

President-elect Joe Biden will unveil on Thursday a COVID-19 relief package he hopes to get through Congress that will include a stimulus check, an extension of federal unemployment insurance benefits and aid to small businesses.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

It feels weird to campaign on $2000 checks and then give 1400 ijs. If he said 2000 total stimulus then that make sense but he tweeted out $2000 checks after people already received $600 ones.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Democrats! 

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It feels weird to campaign on $2000 checks and then give 1400 ijs. If he said 2000 total stimulus then that make sense but he tweeted out $2000 checks after people already received $600 ones.

To be safe they should give the $1400 and also another $2000 so they can't be called liars

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Agreed, Joe's tweet is saying don't give $600, give $2,000. I haven't seen anyone saying $2,600.

People were pushing for $2,000, due to Republicans and Trump they only got through $600. Now with Democrats in charge soon, hopefully they'll be able to get through the remaining $1,400 they originally wanted, but we'll see what they're able to get through.

Just now, Gavin King said:

Agreed, Joe's tweet is saying don't give $600, give $2,000. I haven't seen anyone saying $2,600.

People were pushing for $2,000, due to Republicans and Trump they only got through $600. Now with Democrats in charge soon, hopefully they'll be able to get through the remaining $1,400 they originally wanted, but we'll see what they're able to get through.

Yeah, this is a fair point. 

The important thing though is not what they meant, but what people will accept.

And I think what Dems need to do is not let themselves be slow walked on stimulus. 

There are still some people who haven't even gotten their 600, so if you can get 1,400 out in early February than it's easier to swallow for people that's the 2,000.

If Dems let themselves be dragged into March or even later, then nobody is going to get that check and say, "oh, here's the rest of the 2,000 I got three months ago".

Still waiting on my $600 as well. The IRS posted an update on their website on the 11th saying they'll reissue checks for people who closed their bank accounts before it was issued. Apparently that's a widespread problem. But it will take weeks for that to arrive.

Of course no one would have had that problem if the IRS simply offered a way to change/update your direct deposit information, but of course they didn't. Hopefully they add that feature before the next stimulus round or we'll all be in the same shit again.

Anyway, I always understood the $2,000 to be an alternative to the $600 plan, and to pass $2,000 later would just give you the rest of the amount, not a full additional $2k. But I guess some of you guys were somehow confused.