Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

So the first house objection was based on a constitutional technicality, arguing that only "legislatures" can choose electors and that process wasn't followed. A narrow objection, and one that wouldn't change the outcome, but whatever. It felt very much like a "I want to argue for Trump, but I don't want to regurgitate his insanity, so this is the best I could come up with."

I had to mute this second objection by Jim Jordan after a short time because it very much is that Trump regurgitation. He started out talking about how the election feels wrong and obviously Trump won because people showed up for his rallies.

4 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Soo, if they go through all the objections, they won't be done until tonight, and the MAGAs have been drinking since dawn.... Tonight is going to be great,

Oh and only Trump can call out the DC Guard.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Cnn said dc mayor activated them so what's going on?

The DC mayor made a formal request to the DoD to activate the DC guard which was granted.

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

So Trump won the day... Pence wont confirm electoral college and the whole system has gone to shit

Word is actually they're gonna try to go ahead and figure out a way to get this done. I don't think they have the spine but they are trying to be defiant against the traitors/rioters so we'll see. I think they should risk their lives to do it.

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Let's talk about the ramifications of Ossoff and Warnock winning:

1. $2000 checks are likely

2. Dem Senate can confirm judges

3. Dem Senate means Breyer can safely step down soon.

4. Dem Senate will be ready if there's a sudden SCOTUS death

Exactly. The Senate is still super divided but just the fact that Republicans are forced to vote on things is huge.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

lol Trump didn't win. He's fucked and he's gone soon. And with any luck, sooner than Jan 20.

obviously hes gone at some point... but its further confirmed his power, his influence, and probably confirmed the lengths to which they will follow him...  Im curious to see to what ends they follow him if they attempt to jail him for his other crimes.

4 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

obviously hes gone at some point... but its further confirmed his power, his influence, and probably confirmed the lengths to which they will follow him...  Im curious to see to what ends they follow him if they attempt to jail him for his other crimes.

It's confirmed he's losing power shortly. And his old age means he's dead soon.

7 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Exactly. The Senate is still super divided but just the fact that Republicans are forced to vote on things is huge.

Right. 

Most of the stuff Fright listed probably won't even be that controversial.

By all appearances the stimulus would have passed a week ago if it got a vote.

Manchin is unlikely to stall any judicial nominations and most will probably bring along small to moderate amounts of Republican votes.

All in a Senate where we were wondering a day ago if Mitch might prevent Biden from seating a single federal judge for the next 4 years.

Just controlling what comes to a vote will be huge.

Also, this clears the way for most of Biden's cabinet(though, slightly larger chance Manchin raises a stink about someone).

11 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

This annoying MAGA woman "confronted" Romney at the airport.

11 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

And some "patriots" called him a traitor on a plane.

Some in the comments section didn't like this tactic because it was too leftist

Man, fuck that lady.  Literally everything wrong with this country.  She operates with zero consistent logic.

"You were voted to represent me!"

"I was voted to represent the people of Utah, this country, and the Constitution"

"But I am from Utah and this is what I want"

Dumb selfish bitch.

• Thanks 1

@Greatoneshere

I have been watching the House objections to Pennsylvania electors.  I keep hearing the same two arguments from all of the representatives in support of objection to the electoral votes.

1. PA Supreme Court unconstitutionally extended the deadline for mail-in ballots to be counted. (violating Article 1, Section 4, Clause 1)

2. PA Secretary of State unconstitutionally waived the need for signature verification. (violating Article II, Section 1, Clause 2)

I have yet to hear anyone directly rebuttal these two claims.   So what is the deal?  Are they trying to throw out the electoral votes on a technicality?  Because here in Indiana, I did not have to have my signature verified at the time of voting.  And, I have zero knowledge, but I assume even Republican states also performed similar voting changes?  Is this the same shit along the lines of gerrymandering and other forms of voter suppression, because it sure looks like it to me?  This seems like another way to disenfranchise eligible voters.

5 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

@Greatoneshere

I have been watching the House objections to Pennsylvania electors.  I keep hearing the same two arguments from all of the representatives in support of objection to the electoral votes.

1. PA Supreme Court unconstitutionally extended the deadline for mail-in ballots to be counted. (violating Article 1, Section 4, Clause 1)

2. PA Secretary of State unconstitutionally waived the need for signature verification. (violating Article II, Section 1, Clause 2)

I have yet to hear anyone directly rebuttal these two claims.   So what is the deal?  Are they trying to throw out the electoral votes on a technicality?  Because here in Indiana, I did not have to have my signature verified at the time of voting.  And, I have zero knowledge, but I assume even Republican states also performed similar voting changes?  Is this the same shit along the lines of gerrymandering and other forms of voter suppression, because it sure looks like it to me?  This seems like another way to disenfranchise eligible voters.

The rebuttal would be, as I understand it (to both claims) is that the PA state legislature approved the changes due to the pandemic, and thus that bypasses any violations of any articles since heightened unique situation + state legislature approval = thumbs up. Retroactively, because Republicans lost, they are trying to undo what they'd previously already legally approved of. I could genuinely be missing something, but you can't violate state constitutional articles if a state of emergency (Covid) grants legislatures to make rule changes to accomodate accordingly. 

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The rebuttal would be, as I understand it (to both claims) is that the PA state legislature approved the changes due to the pandemic, and thus that bypasses any violations of any articles since heightened unique situation + state legislature approval = thumbs up. Retroactively, because Republicans lost, they are trying to undo what they'd previously already legally approved of. I could genuinely be missing something, but you can't violate state constitutional articles if a state of emergency (Covid) grants legislatures to make rule changes to accomodate accordingly. 

Oh, I forgot to mention those assholes are also claiming the PA legislature did not approve those changes.  So they are flat out lying?

23 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Oh, I forgot to mention those assholes are also claiming the PA legislature did not approve those changes.  So they are flat out lying?

I believe so, that is correct. Many of the court cases they lost earlier were based on this premise in many states. That changing the laws were illegal, despite the fact they were all approved by those state legislatures earlier in 2020 due to Covid (expanding the ability to do mail-in and absentee ballot voting). That is why many are referring to all of this as political theater since those who know know they're lying, as I understand it. 

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I believe so, that is correct. Many of the court cases they lost earlier were based on this premise in many states. That changing the laws were illegal, despite the fact they were all approved by those state legislatures earlier in 2020 due to Covid (expanding the ability to do mail-in and absentee ballot voting). That is why many are referring to all of this as political theater since those who know know they're lying, as I understand it. 

:cry:

Then why aren't their (Democratic) colleagues directly calling them out?

WHY?!

:cry:

Fuck political theater, by both sides. Such a simple rebuttal with a simple fact would shut a lot - but not all - Electoral Vote objectors up.