Jump to content

Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

flood the zone with shit then hope a court takes up something then ?????

 

 

How the fuck was Bannon's bail not revoked for the beheading bullshit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaysWho? said:

I'm not asking for doom porn. I'm asking if it's actually legal.

 

Like everything else in this country, I'd put money on there not being an actual law to stop it from happening or even if there was a law, there's zero penalty associated with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SaysWho? said:

 

I'm not asking for doom porn. I'm asking if it's actually legal.

He can call whomever. This might be one of those norms he keeps breaking, and there's probably "no mechanism" for these people to recant their certification but next time the president might be on the horn before certifications calling on his partisans to deny certification

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

Like everything else in this country, I'd put money on there not being an actual law to stop it from happening or even if there was a law, there's zero penalty associated with it.

 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He can call whomever. This might be one of those norms he keeps breaking, and there's probably "no mechanism" for these people to recant their certification but next time the president might be on the horn before certifications calling on his partisans to deny certification

 

This is what I was thinking: basically something that counts on people to uphold democracy in good faith but can easily be abused.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We still have two months until Biden should be sworn in and trump can still do tremendous damage both legally and his supporters (getting riled up on his claims of fraud/theft) doing something extralegal. Or worst case the supporters will be giving him cover for more and more dangerous to borderline/outright illegal things. In their mind, after all, it was stolen! Half of Republicans think it was stolen! Between this increasingly insane support, a lack of significant pushback from republican elites, and Trump's perceived risk of jail or prosecution (no matter how little a chance it is of happening in real life) is a dangerous combination where there is no American history to guide us here. And best case is he leaves office but the next guy is gonna learn from this and that's the far more significant risk to the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

This is what I was thinking: basically something that counts on people to uphold democracy in good faith but can easily be abused.

 

Half this country doesn't have laws in place to stop faithless electors and the half that do don't have penalties in place for them. This country was designed with the assumption that everyone that mattered were members of the same country club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

 

Can a sitting president legally do this?


probably not explicitly, but there could be a law that in a round about way could interpret his actions as illegal. 
 

either way, even if it was blatantly illegal it wouldn’t matter for him. The House would have to start impeachment proceedings, and even if it passed the House, the Republicans in the Senate will just say he didn’t really commit the crime or that even if he did commit the crime it’s not bad enough to proceed any further. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
QX5D25BJ4QI6XHBBHTCQDUEYD4.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Jonathan Kinloch, a Democrat and the board’s vice chairman, told The Washington Post that it’s too late for the pair to reverse course, as the certified results have been sent to the...

 

 

Quote

“I did receive a call from President Trump, late Tuesday evening, after the meeting,” Monica Palmer, one of two Republican members of the four-member Wayne County canvassing board, told The Post. “He was checking in to make sure I was safe after hearing the threats and doxing that had occurred.”

 

You're a public official you dumb cunt. You can't get "doxed" for being a dumb cunt in that capacity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
GK-1200x667.jpg
WWW.MEDIAITE.COM

Newsmax host Greg Kelly is calling on conservatives to replace the Republican Party with a "MAGA Party."

 

 

YES!


The GOP splitting would be a god damned dream. However, just like when everyone thought a split was going to happen when the Tea Party rose to prominence, a “MAGA Party” will just become the GOP.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
QX5D25BJ4QI6XHBBHTCQDUEYD4.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Jonathan Kinloch, a Democrat and the board’s vice chairman, told The Washington Post that it’s too late for the pair to reverse course, as the certified results have been sent to the...

 

 

 

You're a public official you dumb cunt. You can't get "doxed" for being a dumb cunt in that capacity.

Also it's the angry trumpers doxxing people. Also him calling and asking about her safety is definitely a subtle threat. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So was them trying to rescind their votes an effort to appease the Trump thugs coming after them?

Or keep them from coming after them, or simply just appeasing trump. But the real goal of the trump campaign is to muddy the waters in hopes that will get something to catch in federal court

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

looks like deficit reduction is back on the menu

 

 

GettyImages-1286200873.jpg
JACOBINMAG.COM

Joe Biden represents something now rare in American politics: he's a dyed-in-the-wool true believer in austerity and deficit reduction. To climb out of our current economic hole, we'll need massive public investment and income support...

 

Austerity, here we come!

  • Guillotine 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

 

GettyImages-1286200873.jpg
JACOBINMAG.COM

Joe Biden represents something now rare in American politics: he's a dyed-in-the-wool true believer in austerity and deficit reduction. To climb out of our current economic...

 

Austerity, here we come!

 

3 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

I'm more hopeful of Biden than most I guess. 

it's not a done deal yet! But I'm not super confident

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Apparently Rudy is having a press conference at noon (EST) about how Trump has a viable path to 270. Yeah, okay.

 

It will take place in the parking lot of Jiffy Lube.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jason changed the title to JOE BIDEN WAS THE PRESIDENT-ELECT, BUT HE STILL IS, TOO
  • Pikachu changed the title to Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...