Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

The likely next governor of Texas? Did I miss some really big news? Abbott (63) is younger than Patrick (70), Abbott is much more popular than Patrick, and there are no term limits in Texas. Sure Patrick could try to become governor, but a lot would have to happen. It’s improbable, not “likely”. 

Of course I despise Patrick. He’s a nut. 

8 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

The likely next governor of Texas? Did I miss some really big news? Abbott (63) is younger than Patrick (70), Abbott is much more popular than Patrick, and there are no term limits in Texas. Sure Patrick could try to become governor, but a lot would have to happen. It’s improbable, not “likely”. 

Of course I despise Patrick. He’s a nut. 

Yeah, that didn't track with me either. He's extremely partisan and with the shift we've seen in Texas, I am doubtful that he could win. But, then again, I know next to nothing about Texas politics at the statewide level. 

h8-three-msnbc-contributors-join-biden-t
WWW.DEMOCRACYNOW.ORG

Joe Biden has named President Obama’s former top immigration adviser Cecilia Muñoz to his transition team. During her time in the White House, Muñoz often justified Obama’s harsh immigration enforcement policies, including the...

(sigh)

• Guillotine 2

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
h8-three-msnbc-contributors-join-biden-t
WWW.DEMOCRACYNOW.ORG

Joe Biden has named President Obama’s former top immigration adviser Cecilia Muñoz to his transition team. During her time in the White House, Muñoz often justified Obama’s harsh immigration enforcement policies, including the...

(sigh)

“At the end of the day, when you have an immigration law that’s broken and you have a community of 10 million, 11 million people living and working in the United States illegally, some of these things are going to happen, even if the law is executed with perfection. There will be parents separated from their children. We don’t have to like it, but it is a result of having a broken system of laws. And the answer to that problem is reforming the law.”

I have zero issue with that statement.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:
OSCZ5XQKIYI6XBM37HBHVPTDRU.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Critics say the dismissals threaten to destabilize the federal bureaucracy in the fragile period during the handover to the next administration.

I'm 32, anyone younger than me (at this point) should have 0 management responsibility

And I used to have management responsibility

I get how this SNAFU is funny but imho, it is much darker than you think.

The press conference had a key witness Daryl Brooks. He's the guy who had a story to tell that confirmed the "ballot fraud" narrative. He checks a few key boxes. He's black. He looks working class. And he supposedly witnessed improper stuff.

Now Trump announced the Four Seasons as a venue. It was always going to be the Four Seasons IH in Philly.

But they suddenly realized one thing: the FSIH in Philly has 3 schools within a 2 block radius. And Daryl Brooks cannot be close to schools BECAUSE HE DID TIME FOR EXPOSING HIS JUNK TO CHILDREN. Paedophile ex-convict Daryl Brooks is a registered sex offender and couldn't show his face in downtown Philly.

That's why they scrambled a new venue.

I can see the discussion taking place:

"Daryl, we're on for the four seasons. The prez announced it."

"Sure thing. Where is That?"

"Downtown Philly"

"Any schools closeby?"

"Why you say that?"

"I can't be close to schools"

"Why is that?"

"I showed my junk to kids and now I can't be close to schools"

"Fuck me! (checks Google maps) Oh shit: 3 schools nearby. Fuck fuck fuck. (checks Google maps again) wait, there's another Four Seasons. Not a hotel. I'll let the boss know."

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/ju58z3/lawyers_decided_to_quit_trump_case_after_chaotic/gcabyys/

:thinking:

20 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Imagine rescheduling at something that will be a meme and make you look like a fucking moron forever instead of just uninviting pedophiles and sex offenders.

Or just changing the location to another hotel or conference place. Location and schedule changes happen all the time. If they had changed it to a Ramada or something, no one would have even cared.

16 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Or just changing the location to another hotel or conference place. Location and schedule changes happen all the time. If they had changed it to a Ramada or something, no one would have even cared.

Yeah but what about not inviting the pedophile. I mean, you give me a list, A, B, C, D, I'm gonna pick the one that excludes the dude who shows his cock to kids.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Kamala Harris is sworn in on inauguration day.

I think Biden is still officially elected even if he dies.  But since he would be 6 feed under on inauguration day, the line of succession kicks in at the stroke of noon, and the Harris would take the Presidential oath.