Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

And what is up with Pennsylvania guys?  6.7 million votes in 2020, but there are only 6.7 million people who live there!  Are babies and illegal Mexicant's voting too?  Corruption to the bone!

kjE78og.jpg

BvVTPH3.jpg

OMG, LIBZ CHANGED THE STATE NAME TO SOME LQTBBQ PC BULLSHIT.

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

I have so many questions that I want answered already lo. Could this be a border town issue in Texas? From that map, it seems that the parts bordering Chihuaha and Coahuila made the hardest shifts.

Even El Paso shifted red which is a little surprising to see. 

7 minutes ago, Comet said:

Larger cities did it almost universally by about 3%, other TX cities went the opposite direction but thats probably because they voted like other major cities in the country as things become even more rural/urban divided and have a different demographic make up, more AA and whites ect...

1 minute ago, Comet said:

Border security should definitely be a priority for Democrats. I think now that we don't have an outwardly racist President, we can discuss these things without bringing up absurd solutions like a freaking wall.

Everyone was galvanized to vote this year, from both sides. I could definitely see red voters in blue areas that typically don't vote and vice versa. The thing that surprises me is California having even more of a blue shift, and the large red shift in Texas and Florida.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@SaysWho? @Chairslinger @MarSolo

I don’t know if you’ve been following it, but Yang has pretty much promised to go after WWE and their exploitation of “independent contractors” should he wind up in the Biden administration 

Good. I never looked into it but I don’t understand how they can stop the wrestlers from streaming on twitch. 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@SaysWho? @Chairslinger @MarSolo

I don’t know if you’ve been following it, but Yang has pretty much promised to go after WWE and their exploitation of “independent contractors” should he wind up in the Biden administration 

The recent move to go after third party profits sure isn't helping Vince's case :rolleyes:

My Dad got caught up on the trump conspiracy train since he is into those in general, despite being a lifelong democrat voter. Today, he was like “I guess Trump was kind or divisive for the country and maybe this won’t be so bad”.

Seems like now that the hype is wearing out with him defeated he is willing to see things clearer just because he doesn’t want to actually think that his life will get worse now. 

8 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
trump_rally_19.jpg
SIERRANEVADAALLY.ORG

On Saturday in Carson City, after most major news organizations, to include Fox News, called the race for US President for Joe Biden, as many as a hundred people gathered along Carson Street in front of...

When they said it was an "ugly scene" I figured they were just referring to the Proud Boys physical appearance, but apparently some unpleasant interactions took place as well!

• Haha 1

Late to the discussion from earlier but just my two cents on AOC. She needs to be focusing on growing her squad so she can take a run at becoming speaker or needs to pivot into getting into the senate to take over there. Her doing a presidential run is a waste and has a higher chance of watering down or diminishing her brand. We gain far more by her working to get more like her in congress. :sun:

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

My Dad got caught up on the trump conspiracy train since he is into those in general, despite being a lifelong democrat voter. Today, he was like “I guess Trump was kind or divisive for the country and maybe this won’t be so bad”.

Seems like now that the hype is wearing out with him defeated he is willing to see things clearer just because he doesn’t want to actually think that his life will get worse now. 

This may be the best we can hope for in some cases.

So much hand-wringing about what it would take for Trump's people to finally turn on him, and in the end maybe the only way to do it was to make him a loser.

Those of us who never bought his mystique as a "winner" probably have a hard to time relating to why that may be the one thing his followers can't accept.

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

This may be the best we can hope for in some cases.

So much hand-wringing about what it would take for Trump's people to finally turn on him, and in the end maybe the only way to do it was to make him a loser.

Those of us who never bought his mystique as a "winner" probably have a hard to time relating to why that may be the one thing his followers can't accept.

Trump is a troll, and the best way to deal with a troll is ignore them. As president, we could not, as an X president, we should, even though I know we won't. 

No matter what, Democrats had better figure out right quick what happened with the various Latin constituencies in Texas (we kinda know what happened in Florida with the Cubans), regardless of the malign disinformation that targeted religious Spanish-speakers that permeated social media/communications apps.

Naturally, their ability to counteract this on the ground was severely constrained by the limited interpersonal contact caused by the pandemic, but I cannot help that this was a highly consequential tactical blunder.

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No matter what, Democrats had better figure out right quick what happened with the various Latin constituencies in Texas (we kinda know what happened in Florida with the Cubans), regardless of the malign disinformation that targeted religious Spanish-speakers that permeated social media/communications apps.

Naturally, their ability to counteract this on the ground was severely constrained by the limited interpersonal contact caused by the pandemic, but I cannot help that this was a highly consequential tactical blunder.

Not being able to knock on doors probably didn't help but the bigger problem was obviously ignoring the existing GOTV infrastructure for Hispanics.

10 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

The fact that Gritty has gone national makes me so happy.

John Oliver has helped with this so much too - I look forward to his episode tonight. John Oliver did New Years 2018 I think in Philadelphia to do stand-up and my wife and I went and he brought Gritty out at the end and it was glorious. He ironically loves Gritty. Philadelphia unironically loves Gritty. It's great. He is now America's spirit animal. I remember when Gritty was first unleashed onto the world and Philadelphia for 5 seconds was horrified and then we went: "you know what - fuck it, we'll own it" and we never looked back.

And now here we are. The amount of self-own the line "bad things happen in Philadelphia" on Trump is just glorious. Philly would have flipped PA anyway, but after saying that - you done fucked up Donnie.