Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

She said "until Bannon is 21" so I think it really was a goof. Unless Bannon has Benjamin Button syndrome. :lol:

There’s some alt-right conspiracy theory that Steve Bannon is actually a time traveling Barron Trump who came back in time to help guide his father.

So... still maybe not a goof!

:alien: 

4 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Come on now, you can cut out the hyperbole on this board.  There's no place for strawmen arguments here, because no one is saying these people need to be coddled.  There are multitudes of ways to spread mass information (the progressive, "Democratic" message).  Finding a different way to relay the same message (that the left hears) to the right is a start.  It plants the seed.  You tell them what you want in a way they want to hear it - shall I say that is advertising 101?

It's not hyperbole to me - and I do feel like people are asking me to coddle them, in fact, so it doesn't feel disingenuous to suggest that coddling apparently needs to entail everything.

You mention the progressive message - I'm 33 years old and been a progressive my whole life. After Bush won in 2000 I was 14 years old and became very politically active and haven't stopped since (got lazy during the Obama years though). After spreading it for 33 years we're now where we are. I've been "advertising" to this group from every possible angle fro 20 years now. I've tried everything. Everything? Everything. Bernie's been trying for decades.

Nothing works. You act like this is our first chance to truly reach them. Wrong. This election was their last chance to prove to us they are moral people.

They failed the test. Yet we're all out here saying: "let's speak to them". "Advertise differently". They are bad faith voters, bad faith actors, and bad faith debators, who hypocritically ask to get away with everything while holding the rest of us to an almost untenable standard. There is no seed. There is no different way. In 33 years, it's only gotten worse so why do we think they'll do a 180 on the downward trajectory they've been on since the 1980's and suddenly see the light?

The only way is to actually institute the progressive policies that will help them. And they'll never get on board those policies, so we have to do it while fighting against them. It's the only way.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ominous said:

A lot of people I worked with in the past fall in the "Democrats just want a handout" category. I want to be like "Bitch I've had more taxes withheld from my paycheck than you'll make all year." but you know unity and shit. 

The handout “free crap” is a big part of the narrative around me... its mostly military folks who are crying out the usual dialog.. “theyre coming for our guns, we (army) wont have money to train, handouts” etc..,

I just assume military is majority republican... they are part of the absentee ballots so i figure they’d be an influx of votes... the real question becomes how much of the military community actually votes?

13 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Every time the GOP loses, everyone speculates that they’ll change and pull back to the center... except what actually happens is they dig their heels in and move further to the right. QAnon is the new Tea Party: in 4-8 years the GOP = QAnon

5 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Seems clear where Dems have to do some work in TX.

I have so many questions that I want answered already lo. Could this be a border town issue in Texas? From that map, it seems that the parts bordering Chihuaha and Coahuila made the hardest shifts.