Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm almost in tears. It just feels so good to hear a president speak with empathy. Who doesn't demonize "the other." And who speaks coherently. I just can't really articulate how good this feels right now.

It’s seriously the feeling of waking up after a long nightmare and knowing “I’m okay.”

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm almost in tears. It just feels so good to hear a president speak with empathy. Who doesn't demonize "the other." And who speaks coherently. I just can't really articulate how good this feels right now.

I teared up at the end of his speech. The relief I felt. Seeing somebody that acts and sounds like a human being. The nightmare is finally coming to end. Just a couple months to go. 

1 minute ago, Comet said:

Want to move to Georgia? 

If I was still a single twenty-something I so would :(

Not voting is a mistake I will never make again. Ever. At any level - local, state, federal. As Americans we have become complacent, begun taking democracy for granted. It is an ongoing process that only works as well as the people work it.

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I didn't actually cry but I felt my eyes start to sting a little. It really has been nourishment for the soul.

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It was a fantastic speech that ranks up there with the quality of speeches Obama gave.  Seeing somebody encouraging Americans that things will get better and we will unify again hits you right in the feels after spending four years of hearing Trump tell Americans how awful we are because we do not share his political ideology.  I have a lot more hope for this country after hearing Biden speak tonight.  

It's nice to be just generally disappointed in the things a president elect is saying, knowing they won't happen, instead of horrified in things a president is saying, fearing they will happen. It was a speech, but I generally tuned out. But it felt good not to be hanging on every word, worrying about what it might mean for peoples' lives. 

But it is clear Biden is a man with empathy and an actual heart. And he has a rescue dog! None of this designer breed bullshit. I genuinely like that we will have an empathetic person in charge. 

And I'll leave it there because I have criticisms and doubts. But they can be voiced tomorrow, because it's just so nice to not worry at the level I have been for the same reasons I have been. At least for a moment. 

• Like 3

Oh, and Defector nails it:

This country is not fixed, and won’t be anytime soon, and there will be plenty to feel awful about in the coming days, months, and years. But for now, give yourself a moment to enjoy the fact that one of the worst people this place ever produced and empowered feels like absolute dog shit right now. I think that’s nice.

• Like 1