Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

I think there is good evidence that there were quite a few GOP voters who voted for Republican senators and reps, but didn't vote for Trump.  Take a look at Maine:  375,000 votes for Collins, but only 330,000 votes for Trump.  45,000 vote difference is huge and represents sizable chunk of Republican voters in that state. 

Just now, mclumber1 said:

I think there is good evidence that there were quite a few GOP voters who voted for Republican senators and reps, but didn't vote for Trump.  Take a look at Maine:  375,000 votes for Collins, but only 330,000 votes for Trump.  45,000 vote difference is huge and represents sizable chunk of Republican voters in that state. 

That's Maine, though. There are independents that actually fall for her shtick. Still holds true though. Republicans don't hold onto the Senate is some conservatives aren't splitting their ticket.

4 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I strongly agree with AOC that not knocking on doors and losing that physical presence was a factor. Anyway enough of that. 

When does the AP call it with an article?

They will wait till it's above 0.5% which is the automatic recount threshold.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Massdriver said:

There will be a runoff for both GA senators in January, correct? I wonder what the chances are Dems will win both. 

Only if the GOP becomes deflated because of the Presidential loss.  The Democrats will have to work incredibly hard to get people to the polls - and target those who were registered to vote this election but failed to vote. 

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

I like the conspiracy theory that they were dragging their feet to let Pennsylvania be the one to call it.

Didn't Nevada basically randomly just go "oh... umm... yea, we're not doing anything else until the 12th. Peace, bitches!" 

*I know they said that they won't finish till the 12th, but com'on! :p 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Only if the GOP becomes deflated because of the Presidential loss.  The Democrats will have to work incredibly hard to get people to the polls - and target those who were registered to vote this election but failed to vote. 

Let's bait Trump into talking shit about Georgia until the election to keep conservatives from voting. Let's also bait the candidates to talk shit about Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Didn't Nevada basically randomly just go "oh... umm... yea, we're not doing anything else until the 12th. Peace, bitches!" 

*I know they said that they won't finish till the 12th, but com'on! :p 

By that I think they mean that the vote won't be completely done by then, because under state law a ballot that is postmarked by the 3rd has until the 10th to show up at election HQ in order to be processed and counted.  2 additional days is reasonable to process the remaining ballots. 

I wanted to say "God, can I stop hearing about Ohio "correctly predicting the President" by news outlets now?" but then I saw this:

Obama-Port-Clinton-Ottawa-County-2012.jp
WWW.WKBN.COM

A triad of counties outside Toledo that cover suburbs, rural areas, lakeside havens and a college town, have been reliable bellwethers going back decades.

It's Toledo specifically, and they fucking did it again.

• Shocked 1

Just now, mclumber1 said:

By that I think they mean that the vote won't be completely done by then, because under state law a ballot that is postmarked by the 3rd has until the 10th to show up at election HQ in order to be processed and counted.  2 additional days is reasonable to process the remaining ballots. 

I get all that, but they basically went silent after that announcement, didn't they? :p 

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I wanted to say "God, can I stop hearing about Ohio "correctly predicting the President" by news outlets now?" but then I saw this:

Obama-Port-Clinton-Ottawa-County-2012.jp
WWW.WKBN.COM

A triad of counties outside Toledo that cover suburbs, rural areas, lakeside havens and a college town, have been reliable bellwethers going back decades.

It's Toledo specifically, and they fucking did it again.

Interestingly, Biden is now the second President in modern times to win without Ohio and Florida, the other being Kennedy. Both the only Catholic Presidents.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2