Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

17 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I know we are all doom-scrolling and at various stages of anger and grief, but there are good results:

These are all undeniably good things that will help people's lives.

Oregon also legalized psilocybin for medicinal use, though it sounds like it really is for strictly medicinal use. Like, you have to take it under supervision.

I was curious as to why California's Proposition 25 to replace cash-based bail with flight risk assessment-based bail failed.

What I discovered was that the ACLU and the Pre-Trial Justice Institute both came out in strong opposition to the proposition as they claimed that the algorithms that would be used for the flight risk assessment as they believe that they would be even more unfair than cash bail.

Naturally, the vultures of the bail bonds industry poured money into the campaign as well.

We always knew Biden would win the popular vote. He was already ahead before Oregon, California, Hawaii, Washington, and Nevada had started reporting a lot of their numbers. He'll probably get another million votes from California alone (they're still only at 64% reported). He'll probably get close to another million from Washington. He could end up getting 5+ million more votes than Trump and still lose. That's more than the population of Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska combined.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I was curious as to why California's Proposition 25 to replace cash-based bail with flight risk assessment-based bail failed.

What I discovered was that the ACLU and the Pre-Trial Justice Institute both came out in strong opposition to the proposition as they claimed that the algorithms that would be used for the flight risk assessment as they believe that they would be even more unfair than cash bail.

Naturally, the vultures of the bail bonds industry poured money into the campaign as well.

I voted yes!

So some news organizations called Arizona, some haven't yet. Arizona's clear shift left, though, is amazing to see, and McSally being a two-time loser is well-deserved.

Looks like Biden picked up Nebraska's 2nd.

I wish Texas would have been a delightful surprise, but I'm still really impressed at the margin there.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

So some news organizations called Arizona, some haven't yet. Arizona's clear shift left, though, is amazing to see, and McSally being a two-time loser is well-deserved.

Looks like Biden picked up Nebraska's 2nd.

I wish Texas would have been a delightful surprise, but I'm still really impressed at the margin there.

I always figured that Texas would become a battleground state, but I thought it would be like... 2030, not 2020. You can even tell the way the Democrats campaigned there. It was like a couple months ago they were like "wait.... what? we can... win? in Texas? get the fuck outta here. CAMPAAAAIIIIGN!!!!!!"

I never had hope that Biden would win Texas, but the fact that it was even a question gives me hope.

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Well, I somehow managed to get some sleep.

What's the situation as of now?

CNN projects Biden at 224 EVs with AZ and WI starting to shift towards Biden.

Trump may narrowly win NC and GA but some people say PA could start to shift hard to Biden. I have my doubts that we'll win PA.

Just now, Reputator said:

CNN projects Biden at 224 EVs with AZ and WI starting to shift towards Biden.

Trump may narrowly win NC and GA but some people say PA could start to shift hard to Biden. I have my doubts that we'll win PA.

GA is gonna be close, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Biden is favored in GA. Must be a lot of outstanding vote in the Atlanta suburbs.