Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

8 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

We joke about a third term for God-Emperor Trumpgustus, but a serious thought just occurred to me.

What if he loses in in 2020 and then, due to the Senate completely hamstringing President Warren, he runs again in 2024 and wins.

As bad as two consecutive terms would be, imagine breaking them up. I can think of few things more depressing than the idea that I would be 47 before we finally got rid of him for good.

He'd probably get 6 or 7 SCOTUS picks that way, too if a GOP Senate decides to hold up seats for Dems entire terms going forward.

giphy.gif

I think Trump's age is going to start hitting him hard in the near future. He just doesn't look healthy to me.

Gillum and Beto have spoken.

The phone call with Gillum has not been previously reported, and was described to NBC News by two sources told of it later. One source, granted anonymity to describe a private conversation, said the pair discussed their mutual preference that someone “young and unapologetically progressive” lead the Democratic Party going forward. The two men had never spoken before, according to the source, and it was Gillum who reached out to O’Rourke to arrange the call.