Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its certainly an interesting headline to say hes "Narrowly ahead" when Biden is up 7 and over 50% in michigan, lol.

I think it's because the MoE for both could still give Trump a win if all swung both ways toward him. But he's been polling above 50% in Michigan for a while, and this is all post debate.

Honestly, I thought Wisconsin would be tighter than Michigan, but what do I know?!

Look, I totally understand and agree that people being scared of Trump winning the election and doom and glooming it are being a bit extreme. Biden is more than likely to win. However, I don’t see what’s crazy about being concerned that Trump will challenge the election results, and the GOP will try some fuckery unless it’s really an indisputable landslide win for Biden.

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Look, I totally understand and agree that people being scared of Trump winning the election and doom and glooming it are being a bit extreme. Biden is more than likely to win. However, I don’t see what’s crazy about being concerned that Trump will challenge the election results, and the GOP will try some fuckery unless it’s really an indisputable landslide win for Biden.

They're taking it further though, like SCOTUS is just going to outright overturn elections, lol.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

They're taking it further though, like SCOTUS is just going to outright overturn elections, lol.

The courts will, and already have, made it difficult to have at minimum thousands of otherwise valid ballots not be counted or made it significantly harder to vote for at least thousands more despite the pandemic. From Wisconsin to Alabama to Texas and surely still in Pennsylvania once again, this holds true.

The fact that kav has cited a ridiculous concurrence from rehnquist in bush v gore in a recent decision, a case where he and two other members of the courts were petitioners, and the moderate/swing vote on voting rights is the fucking guy who wrote the shelby county opinion, should scare the fuck out of you.

In a closer election it would absolutely make the difference, and still could! There's going to be close Senate races that could be decided by these chucklefucks, and that's just a consequential as winning the white house

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

News is picking up on that Omaha rally Rico posted about. What a shitshow.

201028-trump-rally-omaha-al-0753_244c618
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Many of those at Eppley Airfield faced hours in long lines to get in and clogged parking lots and busy crowds to get out.

Covid loves long hours together in the freezing cold. 

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I voted for Biden.... :s

@mclumber1 deserves a trophy for responding to you about that past "WTF YOU THINKIN VOTING THIRD PARTY"

As he said, if Biden wins, a lot of us have expectations for him and complaints. But we're voting because he's leagues better than Trump and we could get more out of him than with Trump. I applaud your vote, sir!

I just want the Covid pandemic to be over.  That's my #1 priority.

No, Biden wouldn't magically make it go away in January, and we will eventually be getting a vaccine hopefully within a year.  But Biden would at least listen to the scientists and take this issue seriously, and not just give up and not even try.

There's a lot of other reasons I prefer Biden to Trump, but that's my biggest thing.  And yeah, that may coming from a somewhat selfish point of view, but I don't care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

News is picking up on that Omaha rally Rico posted about. What a shitshow.

201028-trump-rally-omaha-al-0753_244c618
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Many of those at Eppley Airfield faced hours in long lines to get in and clogged parking lots and busy crowds to get out.

a really good single act analogy for the Republican Party and how they truly feel about their voters.