Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

"[Democrats] showing once again that they are incapable of resisting their base impulse of dividing Americans, solely for the purpose of political gain, ratings, and cable news profits."

Truly beyond irony.

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

An old norm was that the candidate did not actively campaign for himself so there's some competition

I think we need more of that. To be the president you should have people advocate for your presidency. It just sounds like good campaigning.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Can we really watch it with the itchyTwitter fingers around here? Damn I'm starting to see just as much misinformation here as I see on Facebook.

For real. This is why I could never call myself leftist. We can't fight MAGA chuds by behaving the same as well. 

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Nah, you can be bamboozled. Just own it though

Sure you can be bamboozled... nobody is perfect. But it doesn't take much effort to actually read a username and verify that the person you think is saying something is actually the person we think it is. I hold this board to a higher standard than other places I frequent on the internet and if that's a mistake then I'll acknowledge it and react accordingly. Tweets should definitely be placed under higher scrutiny given what we know about Twitter and their bullshit policies.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sure you can be bamboozled... nobody is perfect. But it doesn't take much effort to actually read a username and verify that the person you think is saying something is actually the person we think it is. I hold this board to a higher standard than other places I frequent on the internet and if that's a mistake then I'll acknowledge it and react accordingly. Tweets should definitely be placed under higher scrutiny given what we know about Twitter and their bullshit policies.

I mean things can be misread, it happens (and what happened here), and I'm freely owning up to it. 

12 minutes ago, Jose said:

Mistakes happen, but you and Riley are REALLY bad at posting things that further your worldview without ever bothering to fact-check. This isn't the first time.

Like when I was accused of posting fake CDC pneumonia numbers and then I posted sources and no one acknowledged?

For other times: dontbelievehislies.png

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Like when I was accused of posting fake CDC pneumonia numbers and then I posted sources and no one acknowledged?

For other times: dontbelievehislies.png

I actually did not see this! I also posted a source saying that Florida COVID deaths are not under-reported, but rather, possibly over-reported. But I will go look for your post.

Either way, we critique because we love. Have to hold your own to a higher standard.

• Thanks 1

The Republican National Convention will be moved from North Carolina.

After several rounds of tense correspondence between the organizers of the Republican National Convention and North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper, President Donald Trump announced late Tuesday that the GOP has now been “forced” to look for another state to host the event.