Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

17 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Just to refresh everyone's memory, the Chicago Police Department operated an off-the-books, interrogation "black site" during Rahm's administration.

Yeah, but it’s ok because he’s a Democrat. 

...I’m just kidding. Fuck that guy. I get Chicago is a hard City with lots of bad crime. You don’t go turning it into Judge Dredd to solve the issue. 

7 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

The black mask looks pretty good on Biden.  

It definitely doesn't make him look weak, which is something that Trump worries about.  Who's the weak one now, bitch? 

Biden looks like an old assassin with "a particular set of skills" coming out of retirement to wreck some fools John Wick Style. We need to meme the HELL out of these pics. 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Except you're dealing with the American electorate where shit like this actually matters because we are a nation of petulant children.

Never forget that a lot of voters liked W because they felt they could have a beer with him...even though he was a teetotaler. 

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

No, that's less accurate.

Half the country aren't Trump sycophants. 

It’s not so much about them being sycophants as them living in a different reality than the other 50% due to news ecosystems that are hyper-customized to partisan preference and the new mythology that anything that doesn’t jive with those preferences is ‘fake news’.

Maybe you could argue it’s 48-49%.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

No.

Fox News: Twitter exec in charge of effort to fact-check Trump has history of anti-Trump posts

or

Fox News: Twitter puts warning label on a Trump tweet on mail-in ballots, despite experts backing up Trump's concerns

48% of the nation:  “Well, I dunno what’s true, but I don’t trust all those fake news outlets, plus everything on my Facebook feed says Twitter was being biased, so...”

4 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

48%

No.

He got 46% of the 55% of Americans who voted in 2016. This idiotic idea that half the nation are loyalists that believe everything he says needs to be ridiculed every time it's brought up. Most people don't believe Trump when he speaks. Every single piece of evidence including his election points to this.

Glad we went from no one to 50% in less than a day, though.

34 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

No.

He got 46% of the 55% of Americans who voted in 2016. This idiotic idea that half the nation are loyalists that believe everything he says needs to be ridiculed every time it's brought up. Most people don't believe Trump when he speaks. Every single piece of evidence including his election points to this.

Glad we went from no one to 50% in less than a day, though.

IMO, They don’t believe Trump, but they’ll believe the media outlets they pay attention to, which will legitimize him by essentially saying “Yeah, he’s an idiot, but he’s right about this.”

Said outlets don’t give him a pass on everything—when he tweets “I’m ordering US companies to find an alternative to China” even Fox might say “it’s unclear the president has such authority “—but when it comes to old conservative tropes like “voting fraud is a widespread problem” and “the ‘woke’ social media companies are biased against conservatives”, they’ll back him up.

Again, it’s not about being loyal to Trump, or half the country being a bunch of idiots—it’s about the mediascape warping perceptions of reality. (and having financial incentives to do so)

12 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

IMO, They don’t believe Trump, but they’ll believe the media outlets they pay attention to, which will legitimize him by essentially saying “Yeah, he’s an idiot, but he’s right about this.”

Said outlets don’t give him a pass on everything—when he tweets “I’m ordering US companies to find an alternative to China” even Fox might say “it’s unclear the president has such authority “—but when it comes to old conservative tropes like “voting fraud is a widespread problem” and “the ‘woke’ social media companies are biased against conservatives”, they’ll back him up.

Again, it’s not about being loyal to Trump, or half the country being a bunch of idiots—it’s about the mediascape warping perceptions of reality. (and having financial incentives to do so)

Again, you're prefacing this whole thing with an unsubstantiated claim about "half" the country.

It's bullshit and needs to be called out every time. He didn't even get half of the half who voted.

At least we got from "nobody's gonna think he's being fact checked" to half the country will. 

I can all but guarantee that I could count on both hands the number of people who well and truly give a damn that The Imbecile has been fact-checked.

Honestly, the modern media's seeming obsession with "fact-checking" is a complete exercise in futility and a waste of time and resources that would be better served by being put towards actual reporting and investigation.

Just now, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I can all but guarantee that I could count on both hands the number of people who well and truly give a damn that The Imbecile has been fact-checked.

Honestly, the modern media's seeming obsession with "fact-checking" is a complete exercise in futility and a waste of time and resources that would be better served by being put towards actual reporting and investigation.

AKA stuff that would fact-check things to begin with.

Reminds me of the 2012 election (methinks?) and Wolf Blitzer (methinks?) saying after one of the debates something along the lines of, "Romney made some statements that I'm sure fact checkers will be busy with."

You're in news. That's already your job.

Has this been posted?

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/05/21/a-trump-election-conspiracy-collapses-1285442

MIAMI — A Trump election conspiracy theory has fallen apart after Florida’s law enforcement agency said it had found no widespread voter fraud in the 2018 races for Senate and governor.

President Donald Trump had complained repeatedly about election “fraud” and theft in heavily populated, Democrat-rich Broward and Palm Beach counties, which had slowly but erratically updated their vote totals after polls closed on Election Day.

But neither Trump’s unnamed “lawyers” nor the Florida Department of Law Enforcement found evidence of a “big corruption scandal.” The state took more than 17 months to wrap up its investigation Wednesday, and found none of the wrongdoing alleged by Trump and Scott.

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

No, that's less accurate.

Half the country aren't Trump sycophants. 

Based on what I've seen my relatives devolve into over the last 4 years...I disagree.   They went in for Trump timidly and are now digging in harder and harder as the mistakes and idiocy blows up. Even during the Bush Jr years they weren't actively pushing conspiracy theories every chance they got.....social media and these right wing pocasts and media has really pushed them hard into trumpism.

We used to talk and debate all the time..and now...well you can't debate conspiracy theories and as soon as i start putting facts in discussions they attack my and not my argument.  

My dad has devolved similarly. I blame OANN. He made an excuse to go to upstate NY on election day to not have to vote for Trump amd now he defends him ceaselessly. Very sad tbh.

But that does not mean half the nation is like this!

I also know someone who's a Republican who was acting embarrassed about Trump back in 2016 and now has devolved into an owning the libs type. It makes me think he actually did vote for Trump in 2016 and was just embarrassed to admit it.

1 hour ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Based on what I've seen my relatives devolve into over the last 4 years...I disagree.   They went in for Trump timidly and are now digging in harder and harder as the mistakes and idiocy blows up. Even during the Bush Jr years they weren't actively pushing conspiracy theories every chance they got.....social media and these right wing pocasts and media has really pushed them hard into trumpism.

We used to talk and debate all the time..and now...well you can't debate conspiracy theories and as soon as i start putting facts in discussions they attack my and not my argument.  

Are your relatives half the nation?

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I can't wait for the Democrats to be the lucky recipients of a major landslide down-ballot and take control of the Senate...and then do absolutely fuck all with the power. "Now is not the time for radical reform, it's a time to come together as a country."

Then be summarily swept out of power in congress in 2022