Jump to content

Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's amazing how much better a politician Biden is than Clinton!

He has a better record. Biden still gets into trouble when he talks. He also doesn’t seem as disingenuous as Hilary, who would literally change her accent depending on who was in the room. While some of the conspiracies around her were obvious BS, like pizzagate, some like surrounding her foundation and fundraising seemed like they could be true enough to be troubling to some. 
 

she just wasn’t very likable. Biden is at least a likable goof. And many people still fondly remember the bromance memes with him and Obama. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

He has a better record. Biden still gets into trouble when he talks. He also doesn’t seem as disingenuous as Hilary, who would literally change her accent depending on who was in the room. While some of the conspiracies around her were obvious BS, like pizzagate, some like surrounding her foundation and fundraising seemed like they could be true enough to be troubling to some. 
 

she just wasn’t very likable. Biden is at least a likable goof. And many people still fondly remember the bromance memes with him and Obama. 

I also think theres a decent sized chunk of idiots out there that didn't think Trump would be this bad.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SlipperySlope said:

Well, I didn't think he would be this bad even tho I voted for Clinton but Trump has over delivered.

 

I thought the GOP would throw him overboard at some point, like maybe after the tax bill passed. Basically use him to push some key things through and then get rid of him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

I thought the GOP would throw him overboard at some point, like maybe after the tax bill passed. Basically use him to push some key things through and then get rid of him.

There's little doubt in my mind the gop elite (senate & etc) would love to but they are afraid of pissing off the base who actually like trump for some fucking reason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

He has a better record. Biden still gets into trouble when he talks. He also doesn’t seem as disingenuous as Hilary, who would literally change her accent depending on who was in the room. While some of the conspiracies around her were obvious BS, like pizzagate, some like surrounding her foundation and fundraising seemed like they could be true enough to be troubling to some. 
 

she just wasn’t very likable. Biden is at least a likable goof. And many people still fondly remember the bromance memes with him and Obama. 

I know you're not saying that it was all that was wrong with her, and personally I'm not a big Clinton fan, but for what it's worth, I know a lot of non-politicians that will change their accent based on who they're speaking with. The best examples are southerners who lessen or lose the twang until they're back around other southerners. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There's little doubt in my mind the gop elite (senate & etc) would love to but they are afraid of pissing off the base who actually like trump for some fucking reason

 

Trump is perfect for them, he's the clown show in the front distracting the media and the people while they can do whatever the hell they want in the background and nobody pays attention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I know you're not saying that it was all that was wrong with her, and personally I'm not a big Clinton fan, but for what it's worth, I know a lot of non-politicians that will change their accent based on who they're speaking with. The best examples are southerners who lessen or lose the twang until they're back around other southerners. :lol:

I know people that slip into it, because they’re weak minded and are influenced by hearing the accents of others. They don’t even know they do it. 
 

considering how calculated she tried to be, I can see her doing it trying to seem like “one of them”. She even had this routine when she would walk on stage. Wave, smile, point at somebody in the crowd like she’s surprised to see them. If she didn’t change her clothes you’d think you were watching the same performance every time. It was the “OMG it’s you! Hi!” routine was what made me feel ill watching her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I know you're not saying that it was all that was wrong with her, and personally I'm not a big Clinton fan, but for what it's worth, I know a lot of non-politicians that will change their accent based on who they're speaking with. The best examples are southerners who lessen or lose the twang until they're back around other southerners. :lol:

I do this a lot. I'm always going to have a twang to people who aren't from the South, but it becomes more pronounced, depending on who I'm around. I don't even really do it consciously.

 

It's called code switching.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I know people that slip into it, because they’re weak minded and are influenced by hearing the accents of others. They don’t even know they do it. 

Are you meaning that anyone who does it is weak-minded, or just that the people you know who do it are weak-minded? If it's the former, I would push back on that a little - linguistic accommodation isn't a sign of being weak-minded. It's a natural and normal process that everyone does to some extent. It's done for the same reason that makes people speak differently with the elderly than with the young. 

 

If that wasn't what you were saying, I'll have to take your word for it on their weak-mindedness, but I believe you. :p 

 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I do this a lot. I'm always going to have a twang to people who aren't from the South, but it becomes more pronounced, depending on who I'm around. I don't even really do it consciously.

 

It's called code switching.

Yeah I think everyone does it to some degree, as I said above. I think it's pretty cool how we can be so adaptable. After living in Germany for 9 years, I found myself sometimes adopting certain idioms or ways of expressing myself that were poorer or even completely incorrect English but which were better understood by the non-native speakers I was around. I was aware I was doing it at the time, but it was when I was back around other native speakers that I realized how often I was doing it. :lol:

  • Guillotine 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

He has a better record. Biden still gets into trouble when he talks. He also doesn’t seem as disingenuous as Hilary, who would literally change her accent depending on who was in the room. While some of the conspiracies around her were obvious BS, like pizzagate, some like surrounding her foundation and fundraising seemed like they could be true enough to be troubling to some. 
 

she just wasn’t very likable. Biden is at least a likable goof. And many people still fondly remember the bromance memes with him and Obama.  DICK.

FTFY... with a lot less words too.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Pikachu changed the title to Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president
  • Jason changed the title to JOE BIDEN WAS THE PRESIDENT-ELECT, BUT HE STILL IS, TOO

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...