Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

48 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

No it's more like the co-pilot yelling "I'M GONNA CRASH IT! I'LL DO IT!" the entire flight while the rest of the plane cheers him on, and in the end the only thing that stops him is the real pilot who bonks him on the head, to the outrage of everyone.

Actually it's more like half the plane is cheering him on and the other half of the plane is insisting it's not physically possible for the co-pilot to crash the plane.

No it's more like 3 dudes standing at the top of a building and there is a small air bag at the bottom. One guy says if he jumps he'll hit the pavement, the second guy says "I'm a doctor and my research says you're wrong and you will hit the air bag." And the 3rd guy pushes the first guy off of the building and when the guy hits the air bag safely and says, "There was nothing to worry about, he was definitely going to hit that air bag." Then high fives the second guy.

It's more like Jason saying I was going to whack him to death with my penis and wouldn't believe me when I tell him that I'd have to do it just right to kill him since it's so small and our energy would be better spent talking about other conversations of things likelier to happen.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe said:

No one is saying that the campaign should not take the threat seriously...

Your lips are saying one thing but your snark is saying another. Maybe the "I told you so" lap you and fright are trying to take is really not justified? The attitude you're taking here certainly sounds like someone trying to take credit for something when in fact that thing is working despite your best efforts to encourage people to ignore the problem. 

And if you really want to clap back suggesting that you didn't want people to ignore the problem I'd like you to just listen to yourself. No matter how justified you felt it doesn't change the fact that you're minimizing a serious threat by thinking you're responsible for policing how other people respond to that very real threat. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Actual legislators from Pennsylvania and Georgia are still taking real steps right now to try and take electors away from the person lawfully voted on by their citizens and we've got two jokers here trying to tap dance to "I told you not to take the threat so seriously."  Amazing. 

Again, there's a difference between being concerned and angered that those legislators are doing that and saying "they're definitely going to succeed, nothing matters." 

Just now, Joe said:

Again, there's a difference between being concerned and angered that those legislators are doing that and saying "they're definitely going to succeed, nothing matters." 

I'm just enjoying the double down now. The goal posts are in another stadium.

I'll trade ana for sbl tho.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Okay, but it went well past "it's unlikely to work" into the forbidden catchphrase. There was a very clear thread of "it can't happen, chill out".

On 11/19/2020 at 3:57 PM, Jason said:

"We're doing it anyhow, try and stop us. Oops the courts took until January 21 to decide on this. Too bad. qqmoar libcucks"

On 11/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, PaladinSolo said:

k

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

What did I make up.

This has been a four year thing with much of the board, too.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

What did I make up.

Bro, are you serious? Hell, just read through thread about the first debate. You have some of the worst takes imaginable, always thinking the absolute WORST possible scenario to result form any situation. I mean FFS, the other day you said "Bernie wouldn't have let Trump shout over him in the first debate" even though we know that Biden demolished Trump in the first debate. This isn't just about the "no mechanism" bs.

Just now, Jason said:

I made up the fact that they've been trying to get the courts to pull Bush v Gore Electric Boogaloo? :lol:

You made up a dumb scenario where Trump would somehow be president after January 20 because the courts something something.

4 years of a board going "nothing matters" even when something good was happening. In 2017, it was the moral victories argument. In 2018, it was supposed to be 2016 all over again. In 2020, somehow Trump was pulling off this masterful plan after you hilariously hilariously trolled people by telling then that Hillary was so bad she lost to Trump.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Bro, are you serious? Hell, just read through thread about the first debate. You have some of the worst takes imaginable, always thinking the absolute WORST possible scenario to result form any situation. I mean FFS, the other day you said "Bernie wouldn't have let Trump shout over him in the first debate" even though we know that Biden demolished Trump in the first debate. This isn't just about the "no mechanism" bs.

This is four years of this crap, even though his proclamations of how bad Hillary was to lose to Trump is contradicted by his insistence on how threatening Trump and his master plan were.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reputator said:

JFC. This entire argument over who said what and who was right is biggest, stupidest goddamn waste of time.

Looks it’s like there was a swimming pool and someone peed the pool and everyone jumped out of the pool and they all run to the same store at the same time to buy some beer and then the store gets crowded and some guy who was taking his time to pick out their beverage is now at the back of a huge line and he is already running late for the party so he texts his girlfriend that he will be late so then she tells her friends that the guy is running late and then her friends start talking about how unreliable he is and then she gets mad at them and storms out of the party to have a smoke outside and then she flicks her unfinished cigarette into the bushes which causes a fire and the owner of the house didn’t have fire insurance and was barely making ends meet as it is due to covid and now they are without a place to live so they have to move in with their parents and then their mom catches them masturbating and shamed them.

• Haha 5

I'll say this-- if the electoral college split was 270-268, and the GOP could flip the election by flipping any one state, I'm like 99% certain they would have talked themselves into actually doing it by now. By "they" I mean state legislatures, Trump-appointed judges, random GOP county board guys... whatever combination of those it would have taken.

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

JFC. This entire argument over who said what and who was right is biggest, stupidest goddamn waste of time.

You don't get it. It's not about who's right or wrong. Nobody gets prizes here. The problem is this doomsday mentality here is going to be be the norm going forward just as it was in the recent past and it's absolutely exhausting.

45 minutes ago, Joe said:

You don't get it. It's not about who's right or wrong. Nobody gets prizes here. The problem is this doomsday mentality here is going to be be the norm going forward just as it was in the recent past and it's absolutely exhausting.

Tbh it's been the norm since Nov 9 2016

What I'm saying is that there's really no amount of doomsday mentality that would have been enough. Who cares?  A second trump term is the worst thing that could have happened so I'm seriously confused at the attempts to gloat over a position that inherently took the threat less seriously and discouraged others from taking it as seriously as they felt appropriate. The substance isn't there to gloat over, nor is the moral footing. 

Also nobody draws my ire simply because I disagree. On the other hand if you think it's a good idea to divert from a substantive argument with appeals to sympathy, unearned in one sense and arrogant in another, pitting one user against another as if there's any appropriate reaction other than revulsion .. that might do it. 

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Nobody actually cares if you're mad at them; it's just the reasoning that's always funny and random.

I guess you laughing at inappropriate things is how you wound up on the side trying to take credit for trump's ineptitude. It must be nice to live in a world where this is all one big joke and not something deathly serious.