Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

33 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Perhaps the people self-reflecting should be from the condescending ones? Perhaps it should be from those who scoffed at the idea that there would even be an attempt by Trump to change the results and name called other users for even having concerns? No? K.

Nope

22 minutes ago, Joe said:

I anticipated that there would be no self-reflection, but the doubling down surprised me, I have to say.

Especially with how creative the doomsday scenarios were.

18 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I will freely admit that I was one of the constant doomsayers in this thread.  And in that regard, I was wrong...for the most part.

I figured that, with 2020 being arguably the worst year that humanity as a whole has ever faced in over a century, I figured the election would be the final kick in the balls.

I was freaking out earlier when all of the polls were wrong (again) and things looked like we were getting 4 more years of Trump.  Then, as the mail-in ballots tipped the scales to Biden, i felt as much jubilation as everyone else.

Then the lawsuits got underway, and I was worried that the GOP-packed courts would just hand Trump the win regardless.  But to my surprise, those judges, even the ones elected by Trump, told Trump and his lawyers to fuck off.  Sometimes, even when you least expect it, the system works.

Now, are these cases failing mostly due to the fact that Trump's lawyers could be easily outsmarted by Lionel Hutz in a courtroom?  Probably.  Does this cause concern for future elections if the GOP nominates a candidate like Trump but way more competent and subtle?  Hell yes.

But at this point, it's pretty much a wrap.  I'm tired of worrying about this shit, and unless something crazy happens (like Biden just straight up admits he stole the election on live TV and proceeds to spell out every single detail on how he did it), it's over.  All that will happen from now until inauguration day is that Trump, his cronies, and his cultists will spend the entire time pissing and moaning and kicking and screaming and dragging their feet and refusing to accept reality.

I think @Signifyin(g)Monkey and his poll worries ended up being justified.

However, everyone who said Hillary was so terrible she lost to Trump of all people, while technically being right that she wasn't a good campaigner, ended up being wrong on that reasoning. Even though he's clearly a terrible campaigner, he connected to people in a big way. Inadvertently I'm sure, but he did.

Which means someone like Bernie wouldn't just default into a win. Especially Florida considering why Biden lost there.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

"The only people who need to engage in self-reflection are the people who got belittled for worrying Trump would try to do exactly what he actually wound up trying to do" sure is a take. 

On 11/19/2020 at 3:57 PM, Jason said:

"We're doing it anyhow, try and stop us. Oops the courts took until January 21 to decide on this. Too bad. qqmoar libcucks"

Your scenarios were completely ridiculous that Paladin just said "k" to this post.

8 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Were people just supposed to sit back and relax? Especially when it's clear that the awareness of the specific plan and the vocal public outcry didn't have a large part in dissuading shenanigans?

No, of course not. But acting like those methods were probably going to work was always silly. No one ever said they weren’t going to try.

9 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Were people just supposed to sit back and relax? Especially when it's clear that the awareness of the specific plan and the vocal public outcry didn't have a large part in dissuading shenanigans?

The two of us on the same side of an argument? :daydream:

• Haha 1

I think it's also pretty clear that part of the reason why so many Republicans are willing to keep playing along with the idea that maybe some fraud really exited somewhere is to try and create justification for pushing out new restrictions on voting in states that they control. Which is also bad!

14 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I think it's also pretty clear that part of the reason why so many Republicans are willing to keep playing along with the idea that maybe some fraud really exited somewhere is to try and create justification for pushing out new restrictions on voting in states that they control. Which is also bad!

They're terrified of Trump’s base.

That’s it. These people are cowards.

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

13dc-biden-education-1-videoSixteenByNin
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. has presented an education agenda that is starkly different from the Trump era, beginning with a far more cautious approach to school reopenings.

Haha! I knew ignoring my student loans for 12 years would pay off.

8 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Remember when everyone here was like “aww man all these Trump appointed judges are going to be like YES MEIN FUHROR and give him the election even though he loses in a landslide!!”?

Remember when literally everyone else appointed by or affiliated with Trump did exactly that? The judges were the only ones to not actually fall in line. This time. Who knows if there was more at stake or if it was closer.

Can someone explain what the hell this is about?

presidential-voting-ballot-trump-biden-1
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Pennsylvania Republican lawmakers have introduced a resolution intending to dispute the 2020 election results on Friday.

Apparently they’re urging Congress to dispute the whole election, not just the one in PA.

This is apparently being posted all over right-wing sites as if this vacates the election or something, but I’m not exactly sure what it means in, y’know, *reality.*

4 hours ago, Anathema- said:

That's like saying we don't have to worry so much about aircraft maintenance because "it's the safest way to travel."

No, it’s like going on an airplane and screaming loudly it’s going to crash the whole  ride.

4 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Yeah, after looking more at local news reports, it seems that most of the initial stories left this out:

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/pennsylvania/pa-gop-lawmakers-introduce-resolution-disputing-election/article_a76d04b2-3120-11eb-945d-f3a4a3493fb1.html

“a spokesman for House Majority Leader Republican Kerry Benninghoff said caucus leaders already decided that they are standing by the popular voter winner of the presidential race getting the electors.”

So it's mostly posturing by 20 salty PA lawmakers.

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

No, it’s like going on an airplane and screaming loudly it’s going to crash the whole  ride.

It's more like taking the threat seriously and forming advocacy groups and funding public pressure campaigns to combat a real threat even in the face of people insisting that they're overreacting. 

10 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

It's more like taking the threat seriously and forming advocacy groups and funding public pressure campaigns to combat a real threat even in the face of people insisting that they're overreacting. 

No one is saying that the campaign should not take the threat seriously as I am sure they take the threat of a number of unlikely scenarios seriously since it’s their job. Maybe you weren’t here in the month leading to the election? People acted like the stealing of the election was a sure thing.

40 minutes ago, Joe said:

No it's more like the co-pilot yelling "I'M GONNA CRASH IT! I'LL DO IT!" the entire flight while the rest of the plane cheers him on, and in the end the only thing that stops him is the real pilot who bonks him on the head, to the outrage of everyone.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

No one is saying that the campaign should not take the threat seriously as I am sure they take the threat of a number of unlikely scenarios seriously since it’s their job. Maybe you weren’t here in the month leading to the election? People acted like the stealing of the election was a sure thing.

Goal posts moved. Your analogy is exactly what happened. See: the post I quoted from Jason with a really dumb doomsday scenario.

At a certain point, the "discourse" on the board was akin to:

Person A: Trump is going to molest a t-rex. Nothing matters anymore.

Person B: Here's an article that shows that they're extinct.

Person A: "im going to take tree sap and make them so I can molest them crymoar libs I win. qanon forever" Thats what he can do. NO MECHANISM

33 minutes ago, Joe said:

We need a sixth conservative justice on the supreme court to resolve election disputes was the openly stated position of the GOP in October. Just taking these people at their word is enough to be frightened! They were explicitly going for bush v gore 2.

Like I know some situations were outlandish but wholly within the realm of possibility. For instance, I postulated that the doj or dhs would send partisan thugs, like what happened over the summer, to "watch" polls in detroit/milwaukee/etc to enforce the vra. It didn't happen, thankfully, it was even signalled by doj. But it's entirely within the realm of the possible now that there is essentially an openly partisan federal police force in the dhs/ice/doc

Apologies for not being as clairvoyant as some of the people here now smugly claiming some sort of victory as if the bullet was dodged once and forever

27 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Goal posts moved. Your analogy is exactly what happened. See: the post I quoted from Jason with a really dumb doomsday scenario.

At a certain point, the "discourse" on the board was akin to:

Person A: Trump is going to molest a t-rex. Nothing matters anymore.

Person B: Here's an article that shows that they're extinct.

Person A: "im going to take tree sap and make them so I can molest them crymoar libs I win. qanon forever" Thats what he can do. NO MECHANISM

stop demonizing them