Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

40 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I mean before @SFLUFAN rages, we should probably contain the 2020 speculation stuff to one thread. Once primaries get closer we can do that shit in another thread

That's actually why I'm putting all this stuff in this thread. Not the raging part, but it makes sense to do it this way.

I think Beto just needs a bit more experience. I love the guy, my family participated in his campaign, we're El Pasoans like him, etc. - but he looked fucking weak in the debates. Yeah he had a few good lines in there but his responses to valid criticism and his inability to land punches that resonated with the voters that mattered in this election really showed how green he still is. And that's okay. He's got time, but I'm not sure 2020 is the right fit for him. I'm still more in favor of him being a dope ass VP candidate with a stronger and more experienced Dem candidate. 

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Here's a thought:

No matter which party wins in 2020

A whole new slate of Republicans will run in 2024. :shock:

We joke about a third term for God-Emperor Trumpgustus, but a serious thought just occurred to me.

What if he loses in in 2020 and then, due to the Senate completely hamstringing President Warren, he runs again in 2024 and wins.

As bad as two consecutive terms would be, imagine breaking them up. I can think of few things more depressing than the idea that I would be 47 before we finally got rid of him for good.

He'd probably get 6 or 7 SCOTUS picks that way, too if a GOP Senate decides to hold up seats for Dems entire terms going forward.

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

We joke about a third term for God-Emperor Trumpgustus, but a serious thought just occurred to me.

What if he loses in in 2020 and then, due to the Senate completely hamstringing President Warren, he runs again in 2024 and wins.

As bad as two consecutive terms would be, imagine breaking them up. I can think of few things more depressing than the idea that I would be 47 before we finally got rid of him for good.

He'd probably get 6 or 7 SCOTUS picks that way, too if a GOP Senate decides to hold up seats for Dems entire terms going forward.

giphy.gif

He'd be like 80 years old and millennial would most likely be the voting majority,so highly unlikely lol. 

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm actually kind of excited to see the craziness that they choose to run in that year. From Bush II to Trump to likely a literal flaming trash can.

tbh I thought they were already a dumpster fire in 2016, so I think it'll be a dozen bowls of shit at the podium with slightly different smells.