Chris-

Which D1P comeback was the best?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Best comeback on D1P?

• Fizzzle
    • Greatoneshere
    • Lucian

7 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Honestly I like Lucian but he has somehow managed to get even more annoying, so you made the right call.

I guess his suggestion that he didn't change, we did is possible, but then that would mean I used to have REALLY shitty taste.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I ALWAYS felt that way about him... I was honestly perplexed by what you guys saw in him.

Old CEB member warmerdm was wondering how long the board would last when we first started. He said, "I mean, a bunch of guys upset with IGN made this place, it could randomly shut down for any reason, and one of the biggest posters is most known for getting perma'd on IGN. Okay."

Also, it's kind of sticky in here from the circle jerk about how the CEB circle jerks. I'm jerking it to the irony.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

For thing thing, if you mostly interacted with him about gaming stuff he was fine.

When I first came to this board there were THREE users that were extremely obnoxious when it came to the whole PC vs Console gaming thing to the point that I LEFT when Seth started his forum. TWO of those users have gotten a LOT better (maturity?) since then. HE never did. I didn't like that dude BEFORE I found about about his... other views.  He just seemed like the evry type of online personality that makes the internet as bad as it is... again, I never understoof how you guys couldn't see that. I don't even know if he actually belived most of the stuff he said. He was more about getting a reaction...  which is pretty fuckin sad when you think about it. REminds me of Kyle's father on South Park when he became the notorius internet troll Skankhunt 24 :lol:

36 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Old CEB member warmerdm was wondering how long the board would last when we first started. He said, "I mean, a bunch of guys upset with IGN made this place, it could randomly shut down for any reason, and one of the biggest posters is most known for getting perma'd on IGN. Okay."

Also, it's kind of sticky in here from the circle jerk about how the CEB circle jerks. I'm jerking it to the irony.

I came here from IGN too but not from the forums most of you guys were on. I stayed on the gaming and entertainment boards back then. Seth was the one who brought me here because I interacted with him on the gaming boards. He was a cool guy and I was sad to see him stop posting here. I never knew about the hijinks going on on the other boards and I never knew dude had been permabanned from IGN although it doesn't surprise me. He takes a weird kind of pride in being banned... there's a lot going on emotionally and mentally with that dude :thinking: 

I AM curious about what was the straw that broke the camel's back here though.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I came here from IGN too but not from the forums most of you guys were on. I stayed on the gaming and entertainment boards back then. Seth was the one who brought me here because I interacted with him on the gaming boards. He was a cool guy and I was sad to see him stop posting here. I never knew about the hijinks going on on the other boards and I never knew dude had been permabanned from IGN although it doesn't surprise me. He takes a weird kind of pride in being banned... there's a lot going on emotionally and mentally with that dude :thinking: 

I AM curious about what was the straw that broke the camel's back here though.

One of our members likely has mental health issues (depression it sounds like, but we're not diagnosing), and he implied he should stop being a pussy.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

One of our members likely has mental health issues (depression it sounds like, but we're not diagnosing), and he implied he should stop being a pussy.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me despite my shocked reaction. He's a fake tough guy who is hiding a LOT of anger and from what he's posted, resentment from being picked on when he was younger. I think he said the way he was going to teach his daughter to deal with racism and sexism was to put her in karate class or something :|

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah that doesn't surprise me despite my shocked reaction. He's a fake tough guy who is hiding a LOT of anger and from what he's posted, resentment from being picked on when he was younger. I think he said the way he was going to teach his daughter to deal with racism and sexism was to put her in karate class or something :|

Specifically, this was the post that led to the ban:

And it was in response to this:

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Specifically, this was the post that led to the ban:

And it was in response to this:

Something TOLD me it happened in the Election night thread :lol: Notice that my ass WAS NOT in that thread at ALL. That night was stressful enough for me because I was at work and was up ALL NIGHT riding this roller coaster of an election.

31 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I came here from IGN too but not from the forums most of you guys were on. I stayed on the gaming and entertainment boards back then. Seth was the one who brought me here because I interacted with him on the gaming boards.

Yo man, you aren't special. Seth brought ALL of us here. :p

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I think Siez brought most of the CEB here? I told @Greatoneshere about the place, so I'm basically the MVP even if his return was overshadowed by the @Fizzzzle

You just don't have enough pizzazz, honey

Nothing and no one preempted my return. I just had a "where's somewhere I can spew verbal vomit from my mouth" thought and the "DIP!!!!!" thought entered my mind.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

You just don't have enough pizzazz, honey

Nothing and no one preempted my return. I just had a "where's somewhere I can spew verbal vomit from my mouth" thought and the "DIP!!!!!" thought entered my mind.

We're glad you had that thought. :p 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Who's the guy who got perma'ed that warmer was talking about?

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

When I first came to this board there were THREE users that were extremely obnoxious when it came to the whole PC vs Console gaming thing to the point that I LEFT when Seth started his forum. TWO of those users have gotten a LOT better (maturity?) since then. HE never did. I didn't like that dude BEFORE I found about about his... other views.  He just seemed like the evry type of online personality that makes the internet as bad as it is... again, I never understoof how you guys couldn't see that. I don't even know if he actually belived most of the stuff he said. He was more about getting a reaction...  which is pretty fuckin sad when you think about it. REminds me of Kyle's father on South Park when he became the notorius internet troll Skankhunt 24 :lol:

I guess the pc master race stuff seemed just kind of par for the course on a video game forum. :shrug:

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not him... he was actively trolling. Just like he did with other topics... dude gets mini-orgasms from pissing people off. So weird.

The pc master race stuff is always trolling from anyone who does it though? It just seemed like standard fare video game trolling, I guess.

On 11/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, Joe said:

I was reading fizzle's posts like "yeah this dude does not sound like a wealthy Vietnamese dude from the Bay Area AT ALL!"

I also clearly remember fizzzzle, it's just been a while!

Glad I'm not the only one because at first I was like damn those Silicon Valley dudes really know how to party. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The pc master race stuff is always trolling from anyone who does it though? It just seemed like standard fare video game trolling, I guess.

If you say so... I'm saying from him specifically it was different. The fact that his ass is now permabanned should be a clue that what he was doing even back then was over the top. Again, it was obvious to me that dude was an asshole but I also saw that he had his "fans". I never understood it but I eventually learned that the best way to deal with him was to ignore him. Attention whores like that hate that shit THE MOST. I actively stopped responding/engaging with him and his various personas over the years and just sat back in amused bewilderment when I would see folks continue to feed into his bullshit :shrug: I honestly didn't think he would ever be permabanned and thought that he was a joke that I just wasn't getting.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

If you say so... I'm saying from him specifically it was different. The fact that his ass is now permabanned should be a clue that what he was doing even back then was over the top. Again, it was obvious to me that dude was an asshole but I also saw that he had his "fans". I never understood it but I eventually learned that the best way to deal with him was to ignore him. Attention whores like that hate that shit THE MOST. I actively stopped responding/engaging with him and his various personas over the years and just sat back in amused bewilderment when I would see folks continue to feed into his bullshit :shrug: I honestly didn't think he would ever be permabanned and thought that he was a joke that I just wasn't getting.

I'm talking about how I think I was taking it way back when. Obviously it's now different in hindsight.